Singled out at a safety meeting by an employee that owns a Ford Edge. She apparently watched some of my videos and discovered it was me. I never mix my MAC T with employees or clients but apparently the cat is out of the bag so to speak.

• Like 1

LOL I have no idea how I managed to hit the marked as solved button and can not undo it? Anyway as to the question. Thanked her and then went on to explain how safety boots will allow her to keep her toes. Foot protection class was in session.

Ruh-Roh. Hope this "volunteer" work did not get you into any trouble!

• Like 1

I had to power wash and then blow out the chrome cladding wheel in order to get it to balance. I am also assuming the other wheels are in the same condition just not as serious. FORD your chrome cladding wheels suck dirt an cost people money from a poor engineering design and cause tire wear and money by having to rebalance the tires. Rant over!!

No the duelers are LT tire's. At least all the 2007 thru 2014's use LT tires as the recommended tire not sure what the 15+ is.

CORRECTION: The tire is a P rated tire not an LT. Thanks to OMAR for keeping me honest.

Mac, noticed in the road force balance, "LT tires" was selected, aren't the Edge's tires passenger "P" tires? Wouldn't that affect the balancing?

Edited by macbwt

No the duelers are LT tire's. At least all the 2007 thru 2014's use LT tires as the recommended tire not sure what the 15+ is.

Aren't tire sizes starting with "P" considered "P-Metric"? The Edge specified P245/60R18. If they were LT tires, they would have stated LT248/60R18. Here is info I found ion the "P - LT".

Edited by omar302

This tire is sold in all online sites as a CUV/SUV LT category tire, but you are correct it is a P base on a check on the tire sticker. I stand corrected. I doubt the actual balance on the machine would have resulted in any real change in the balancing. Keep in mind the checks on the balance were all conducted in the same manner so to this extent any error would of been a consistent error.

Aren't tire sizes starting with "P" considered "P-Metric"? The Edge specified P245/60R18. If they were LT tires, they would have stated LT248/60R18. Here is info I found ion the "P - LT".

Was not even trying to question your findings, I was surprised how there are gaps between the actual wheel and the chrome cladding. By the way, if you don't like the cladding, you can remove it. Was done by at least a member on this forum. I also tend to agree that balancing would not have differed (much) if P or LT was selected on the machine, but the fact that the selection is there would indicate that it is something the manufacturer of the balance machine considered.

• Like 2

I am sure the mfg has a reason but as with the outcome still required less weight and the tire feels great. I wonder if I applied a good heat gun to the plastic if I could just peel if off? OR even a propane torch (tire removed of course) On the roadforce machine. I believe the LT position places more pressure on the tire since it is supposed to have higher pressure. but the machine did ask for the pressure to meet the requirements for testing and once Green lighted tested the tire.

Was not even trying to question your findings, I was surprised how there are gaps between the actual wheel and the chrome cladding. By the way, if you don't like the cladding, you can remove it. Was done by at least a member on this forum. I also tend to agree that balancing would not have differed (much) if P or LT was selected on the machine, but the fact that the selection is there would indicate that it is something the manufacturer of the balance machine considered.

Edited by macbwt

I decided to dissect the GL928 alternator that is installed into the Ford Edge. This one is out of the 2011 Lullubelle. This OEM motorcraft was replaced with an OEM motorcraft GL928. Want to see where the voltage regulator lives and how it is assembled? Watch the video.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...