The definition of procrastination: First front and rear alignment on my Edge in 155,000 miles. Paid the price though by not having the alignment performed I subsequently ruined at least two tires if not three. I had this alignment performed in preparation of the installation of new tires.

• Like 2

Sounds like my wife. She doesn't understand physics and car control at all. She sees a kid pull out and fishtail a little and she thinks he's about to crash. If I turn left with oncoming traffic she freaks out even though I clear the intersection 3 seconds ahead of the other driver. If I take a corner at 35 mph which is marked 25 mph and which can be safely taken at 45 mph with no problem whatsoever she freaks out.

I've driven Ferraris and Porsches on a racetrack with Xtreme Xperience and she refuses to even watch the video - she thinks the car is just going to fly off the track and kill me at any minute. I tried to explain that it's much safer than driving on the highway where you have obstacles and oncoming traffic but she just doesn't get it.

Likewise if cars are approaching a yield or stop sign like that I'm watching them and I'm prepared to stop or take evasive action if they don't stop but she freaks out anyway as if they're going to hit us any second.

Must be that extra X chromosome.........

• Like 1

I also removed when changed tires why you removed? There were some defects of plastic? I am interested in a question as other people, repair wheels, I think plastic interferes with it to works?!) In a management it is told that there is a special spray which shall dissolve silicone, but I didn't hear that someone would speak about it and used it?!)

P.S.:it would be desirable to learn where there is a lifelong fuel filter, there it is possible?)

Edited by EDST777

I also removed when changed tires why you removed? There were some defects of plastic? I am interested in a question as other people, repair wheels, I think plastic interferes with it to works?!) In a management it is told that there is a special spray which shall dissolve silicone, but I didn't hear that someone would speak about it and used it?!)

P.S.:it would be desirable to learn where there is a lifelong fuel filter, there it is possible?)

I am removing the chrome clads that are glued on with silicone. Mostly due to dirt gathering and wheel balancing issues. I have figured out how to remove them with no damage to the wheel/rim and it only takes a few minutes for each wheel. The clad is not reusable. The corrosion damage done to the rim from salt being held against the rim is rather extensive and requires high speed wire wheels and bead blasting to clean them up. I will be posting the multi part video on how to perform this and then paint the wheels.

As far as the fuel filter. it is part of the pump so unless you have issues with the fuel pump do not worry about it.

• Like 1

I am removing the chrome clads that are glued on with silicone. Mostly due to dirt gathering and wheel balancing issues. I have figured out how to remove them with no damage to the wheel/rim and it only takes a few minutes for each wheel. The clad is not reusable. The corrosion damage done to the rim from salt being held against the rim is rather extensive and requires high speed wire wheels and bead blasting to clean them up. I will be posting the multi part video on how to perform this and then paint the wheels.

As far as the fuel filter. it is part of the pump so unless you have issues with the fuel pump do not worry about it.

it will be very interesting because I shall do the same (painting and cleaning). I had no problems with balancing, but in my climate two times a year do change of tires. When I shipped EDGE, in the first fall people strongly were surprised how to make to make replacement of tires without having damaged plasticity. there I made the decision to tear off decorative plastic. It was not simply, I had no information as to do it also what it is pasted by. We tore off carefully, wishing to keep plastic for an hour, it is almost ideal). But under plastic I found the aluminum which is also spoiled by corrosion.

• Like 1

PDM drain and throttle body reset. This video will show the differences visually through the use of a OBDLInks MX bluetooth devices and the FORScan app used on my smart phone. I captured the actual before readings and then the after readings. Plus the battery saver function was reset which also demonstrates the PCM was reset during this process.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 2

The dreaded brake booster failure has hit my wife's Edge (Blueberry) I have an appointment to have it replaced under the warranty extension program with Ford. Blueberry has 88K miles on it and my other Edge has no issues with the brake booster at 159K miles. Go figure. I have attached a link of a live broadcast as the booster was failing.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.trammelljr/videos/10209116027530733/

Edited by macbwt