I am hoping the wheel noise I am hearing while driving at high speed and changing lanes is just the sound of the snow tires......but it may not be. I am sure if it is what I expect it to be it will get louder. I guess I am getting the mileage high enough now that I should start expecting wheel bearing failure. Any bets it is the right front? Why does the right front go through more wheel bearings than any other wheel on my Edge's?

Or for me rumble strips and cutting corners on curbs. But I digress.

Alternator and belts will be delivered by mid week. Battery may arrive Friday. New 30 watt car hood shop light will be delivered by Tuesday. More light means better video and easier to see the work. My issue lately is I am loosing sight in my left eye due to cataract so have to deal with it until Insurance says I am legally blind enough in my left eye to have the surgery.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

Now to install this battery!!! Going to take the old motorcraft back to the Ford Dealer for a new one. Wonder what kind of grief they are going to give me? At least I will have a spare battery and it is always nice to have a spare. My camper battery is dead so guess I may put it in the camper.

New alternator in and has been verified. All systems go now. I had to drive back after just a block because of traction control lights and check engine light. Mechanic open the hood to verify my connects and said well this is your problem you did not reconnect your MAF sensor. Plugged it in and no light. Traction control turn off eventually after scan. The TC light came on because I was running the Edge while up on the lift and had the right tire off.

NO LIGHTS!! all is good. Struts and sway bar links tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hey growing old sucks.

Actually it actually gets better. After 65 there's Medicare and you can get a complete overhall if you need one.

Sorry to hear about the catarac. I hope you can get insurance to cover. Now days, the surgery is simple, quick and relatively trouble free.

All of us "middle age" guys all have cararac's. Price we pay for getting so smart. lol

• Like 1

A few after the job observations with the electrical charging system. Today I noticed my interior heating and venting controls are doing exactly the job they are supposed to do and direct the heat and control the amount of heat as I set it at. Before this alternator and battery replacement I was experiencing variable control issues and lack of direction of the ventilation system and actuators. I am of the belief that the failing alternator and battery low voltage were causing the heating and AC controls to not perform correctly and amounted to erratic behavior. My opinion but things are now operating great.

Struts and sway bar links are now replaced.

I had a lot of built up maintenance and now am tire and feel like I have accomplished some maintenance that was put off for awhile. This should keep Lullubelle going down the road for awhile hopefully without further need for major repairs for the near future.

And now to work on 150 gigs of video which will spawn many videos as I have found that I also had to perform other tasks that can be beneficial for other repairs.

I need a nap!!!

• Like 1

All videos put on hold..... :cry: :cry: all my USB and computer hard drives are FULL!! Waiting for some new ones to arrive. Might be time to upgrade to a newer computer....but will have to wait. USB will arrive Monday but I will be out of state in Indiana test driving Lullubelle after all the repairs, well not really test driving working....but I like to think of it as a test drive.

Test drive done for today 475 miles and everything is operating great. I have determined the faulty voltage regulator and weakened battery were most likely causing most of the motorized controls in the Edge to operate poorly. i.e. actuators etc did not move properly to allow the HVAC system to route air flow. Now everything is working. This also affected my cell phone, IPad, GPS and dashcams to a point not to charge and worked on low power sucking the juice out of the battery and causing it to discharge rapidly due to low charging or loss of charge to the battery from the voltage regulator..

Overall not one time did the check battery light pop up on the dash yet the voltage regulator had failed, but I assume it had failed in such a manner to provide just enough power not to send a signal and resulted in discharged battery with no warning light. I can see how this would fool a Technician if the technician would only check the battery for voltage and CCA's this replace and send you on your way as a bad battery but not having the inquisitive nature to follow through on why the battery had prematurely failed.

Overall everything is working and my Cell phone and Ipad were able to be charged in my car today. SUCCESS!!!

• Like 1

New front struts were great to drive with today. Very level on turns and provided great feel of sure grip and stability. I guess I was just used to the dipping and leaning. Always nice to get new struts and shocks. Ends up making your car feel like new again. I recommend the KYB Excel G struts and shocks.

• Like 1