Snow tires on and snow storm coming. Bet ya can not guess what I will be doing later!? By the way what company would use a brass drive gear to power the transmission in their snow blowers? MTD!!! What idiots.!!! A BRASS GEAR!!! really? This was designed to fail and cause people to spend money on parts. There is no other explanation. The gear oil poured out GOLD in color due to the gear particles. For a moment thought I was rich until I looked at the gear. Video to come.

Edited by macbwt

With the cold weather I am curious as to what is happening with the heat in Lullubelle. Having some minor difficulty finding the right setting on the heat. It seems that when I have the defrost on it gets rather warm then when I turn it down it does not quite shut down the defrost to change to the floor only. After a little playing it eventually changes but still not much heat at the feet (see a poet) anyway I will work with it some more but the controls for better lack of terms feel sluggish.

To get to the actuator is always more work on one side than the other :) But, the dash does NOT have to be disassembled (at least in the 2007).

LH temperature blend door

post-23566-0-44378700-1448329045_thumb.gif

Item Part Number Description

1 W708268 Lower steering column opening cover bolt (2 required)

2 7804459 Lower steering column opening cover

3 14401 In-vehicle temperature sensor electrical connector

4 19C739 In-vehicle temperature sensor aspirator hose

5 — LH temperature blend door actuator screw (3 required)

6 19C603 LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector

7 19E616 LH temperature blend door actuator

Removal and Installation

NOTE: It is not required to install the new LH temperature blend door linkage parts included in the LH temperature blend door actuator service part kit if only the temperature blend door actuator requires replacement and the linkage parts are not broken or binding.

LH temperature blend door actuator and linkage

1. Remove the 2 lower steering column opening cover bolts.
  1. Detach the lower steering column opening cover.
  1. Disconnect the in-vehicle temperature sensor aspirator hose and electrical connector.
  1. Position the instrument panel wire harness away from the LH temperature blend door actuator.
  1. Remove the 3 LH temperature blend door actuator screws.
  1. Disconnect the LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
  1. Remove the LH temperature blend door actuator.
  1. Manually operate, and inspect the LH temperature blend door linkage for incorrect placement, binding or damage.

LH temperature blend door linkage only

post-23566-0-17168200-1448329058_thumb.gif

1. Detach the 2 retaining tabs and remove the LH temperature blend door linkage.

LH temperature blend door actuator and linkage

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Temperature Blend Door Actuator — RH, Dual-Zone EATC

post-23566-0-61925000-1448329100_thumb.gif

Item Part Number Description

1 7806200 Glove compartment damper 2 7806024 Glove compartment

3 — RH lower instrument panel insulator pin-type retainer (2 required)

4 — RH lower instrument panel insulator

5 7804608 RH lower floor console trim panel

6 — RH temperature blend door actuator screw (3 required)

7 19C603 RH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector

8 19E616 RH temperature blend door actuator

Removal and Installation

NOTE: It is not required to install the new RH temperature blend door linkage parts included in the RH temperature blend door actuator service part kit if only the temperature blend door actuator requires replacement and the linkage parts are not broken or binding.

RH temperature blend door actuator and linkage

1. Disconnect the glove compartment damper from the glove compartment.
  1. Remove the glove compartment.
  1. Remove the RH lower instrument panel insulator.
  1. Remove the RH lower floor console trim panel.
  1. Remove the 3 RH temperature blend door actuator screws.
  1. Disconnect the RH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
  1. Remove the RH temperature blend door actuator.
  1. Manually operate, and inspect the RH temperature blend door linkage for incorrect placement, binding or damage.

RH temperature blend door actuator linkage only

post-23566-0-98421800-1448329118_thumb.gif

1. Detach the 2 retaining tabs and remove the RH temperature blend door linkage.

All vehicles

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

I will have to check this out further on the blend doors. I get a lot of air in the door vent that blows on the drivers side window and the defrost works well also. I just do not feel much at my floor vent on the drivers side so I am assuming I will have to check the floor vent blend door actuator to so see if it is moving and working properly. I have not checked the passenger side floor vent yet to see if it is blowing air also.

My cheap Harbor Freight work light barely used I might add bit the dust. It stopped working so I bought this 60 LED light with hopes that it will work better and provide me with more light to work on the Edge and also make enough light to allow for better videos. We will soon see as I have plans to use it yet today to go out and do a bit of battery maintenance work on Blueberry. Blueberry has a battery cold and has boggers on her terminals so I thought I may as well clean her up a bit.

Darn HVAC fan under the dash started growling and whining while I was driving in the snow storm. I eventually got tired of hearing it so stopped at a rest stop and opened the glove box and pulled out the filter to see what was going on. Checked the fan (yes it was off) stuck my hand in and the shaft and squirrel cage plastic was in good shape and no movement. Checked the filter and although looked to be time to replace I did not see much of an issue. Spun it around multiple times backwards and then gave a few hard whacks (technical knocks) and then put it back together. Stopped making the noise and is quiet again. I might of mumbled something at it about getting a bigger hammer so maybe it decided to straighten up and do what it is told. LOL

• Like 1