• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure what to say. Nearing 200,000 miles and my Edge is running great. Got to change the plugs and coils soon, but I was just under it today and everything is bone dry. No leaks and it is running great. The 1.5 refresh really has some great little improvements over the 1st Gen. Still like the 1st Gen, but reliability is definitely much better. Well maybe I also am hitting the maintenance a bit hard on this one also. Extremely happy at this point.

• Like 1

I have always known the funnel was in the back, but it seems a lot of folks did not. Well it is a secret no more.

Why wouldn't Ford put that kind of information in some easy to use booklet kept handy in the glove compartment and also available in online searchable PDFs?

• Like 2

My 2011 Ford Edge limited is now less than 5K mile from 200K miles. I am assuming I will reach this milestone on my 2nd Edge about July 2017. I will then move all of my actions into the other thread "what to expect at 200,000 plus miles" to continue the high mileage thread and how does it do with mileage. there is one difference with this Edge. I am in it for the long haul. Let's see what a Duratec and 6F50 trans can do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get yourself some fluid film. Should prevent it from spreading more

http://www.fluid-film.com/automotive-applications/

I've been using it for years to prevent rust. The stuff works wonders. My work vehicles gets sprayed once a year & there's very little signs of rust, most likely developed prior to applying Fluid Film. Every time i work on any of our vehicles, i apply fluid film. Kinda like preventative maintenance.

Here's a video that i really like that shows exactly what fluid film can do:

• Like 3