Ford Cargo Mat vs. WeatherTech or Other Cargo Mats

I decided on the Weathertech mats for my MKX because they are heavier weight and wrap up the sides of the floor cavity better (better at trapping slosh and dirt from exiting the mat and soiling around the edges).

I would rate the Ford mats at a 7 - 71/2 & the Weathertech mats at a 9.

However I'm currently using a MKX cargo mat as I only needed protection from an occasional spill (plants for the patio in the spring, that sort of thing). Never carry anything in the cargo bay where I would need wrap-up protection. But the Weathertech cargo mat is definitely better.

How do these work when you have the seats folded down? Does the Ford OEM have a lip?

That's actually a good question because if there is a lip, cargo put in with the seats down may deform the lip if it is laying across it. Will need to investigate more.

When the seats fold down there is a lip but it is low and flexible. If you were to lay something on it with any weight, it would lie flat.

You do need to make sure you roll it out and kind of fit it in place for awhile before it takes the right shape. i set a few boxes on top of it overnight and it's been great ever since - no warping or rolling and I don't usually have anything back here to hold it down

I was really disappointed with the all weather mats that I ordered with my Edge. I am not sure there is much protection for the front. I will be getting either some Weathertech or Husky liners for the winter.

I need to also get a cargo liner. I am using an old liner from a Subaru someone gave me. Sorta works but not custom.

Weathertech Floor Liners are a great product. I have had them in my Mustang for 5 years. Installed them the week after I bought the car new. They keep everything off the carpet, are easy to wash, and are well worth the price. Winter time they are a life saver.

I'll be grabbing a set for my Edge very soon.