Found "Sport Mode" this morning....

....in my Edge Sport.

Goodbye MPGs.

The throttle response was just awesome. My other car is a manual and I was used to instant throttle response. This pretty much solved any issues I had with the throttle on the Edge. I haven't felt response like this in an automatic since the IS350 I drove once in a while.

....in my Edge Sport.

Goodbye MPGs.

The throttle response was just awesome. My other car is a manual and I was used to instant throttle response. This pretty much solved any issues I had with the throttle on the Edge. I haven't felt response like this in an automatic since the IS350 I drove once in a while.

You should try a Ferrari 458 Italia or a Porsche 911 GT3 in auto mode. They downshift automatically. I never touched the paddles....(skip to the 3 min mark)

Edited by akirby

It's funny you posted this. I "discovered" this week that unless I want to drive super smooth with the wife and kid, I leave it in sport mode. I figured, heck, I bought a sport, might as well use it. Not sure it will help the MPG, but I am not too concerned.

I can see for just cruising, drive will be fine. But I like a quick throttle response and damn does Sport mode offer that very nicely.

You should try a Ferrari 458 Italia or a Porsche 911 GT3 in auto mode. They downshift automatically. I never touched the paddles....(skip to the 3 min mark)

No way man. If I did drive one of those cars, I'd start figuring out how to sell my child so I could buy one.

I can see for just cruising, drive will be fine. But I like a quick throttle response and damn does Sport mode offer that very nicely.

Funny how contagious this is. After reading this, I went for a spin with 'S' (Titanium 2.0EB AWD) and man what a difference from 'D' getting off street corners. Still need to see how 'S' reacts on an On ramp full out: that's where I miss the HP's of my previous Edge's 3.5L for that continuous push.

Edited by cv27

Avoid wheel spin? LOL...entering local freeways my FWD 2.7 lights up the front tire(s) with little effort, even from a rolling start. What I discovered is that with all the sound deadening, inside the cabin with windows up, you don't hear it, but they're spinning all right. It takes a lot of patience to find the throttle point where one can accelerate without burning the tires. I'm reminded of all the car brochures I read growing up: "sparkling acceleration", "brisk" performance, and the ever loved "spirited".

Avoid wheel spin? LOL...entering local freeways my FWD 2.7 lights up the front tire(s) with little effort, even from a rolling start. What I discovered is that with all the sound deadening, inside the cabin with windows up, you don't hear it, but they're spinning all right. It takes a lot of patience to find the throttle point where one can accelerate without burning the tires. I'm reminded of all the car brochures I read growing up: "sparkling acceleration", "brisk" performance, and the ever loved "spirited".

I didn't say it prevents it, just that the gears are different to lessen it. If your FWD had the final drive ratio of the AWD, it would undoubtedly be worse.

Hey guys dumb chick question, I have my 2015 Sport AWD, never went past "D", doesn't "S" stand for Select Shift? Don't you have to use the paddle shifters to shift in "S" selection? I will look into this going home today, but I am feeling silly if I didn't know I had a sport mode. lol.

S means sport mode. It does lock in the paddle shifters...but only if you engage them. If you leave them alone and select S then it changes shift points and throttle response....It makes a big difference.

Edited by cds71
  • Like 1

Sport mode on the new sport makes a huge difference.....just take off slow to about 15 to 20 miles per hour and hold that speed for about 5 seconds....and then punch it.....in sport mode it hits like a sledgehammer.....very fun...Ive caught a few mustangs and chargers srts off guard and they couldnt catch me.....even on a roll on from 20 mph my sport is faster than my bothers 2014 STI....the sti is faster from 0 to 60....but just barley....and my bother is shifting like a demon....first time we tried it, I had him....I think he underestimated how fast the edge actually is.

• Like 1

How cool, I didn't know that. My sales guy didn't' know much about the model and assumed that since I had the 13 model sport, that I knew it all I guess. Thanks for the tip.

If only they would put this type of information in some kind of manual that comes with the vehicle for the owner to read.......