Ventilated seat problem

You guys have a first year vehicle. There will be problems. I bought a 2010 for a reason, they generally have most of the issues worked out by the last model year, then they design a new one that has all kind of new flaws, that'll all be corrected by the time their are getting to replace it with anotherner new model with new issues, and so on and and so forth. It's not just Ford- all makes have issues with new designs. You get to bleed a little when you get the bleeding edge of an automakers products. Not only are you guys first year, most are probably from the first production runs as well.

My titanium has 11500 miles, I picked it up in late April. Looking back, my seat tends to sometimes not get cold, but it deals like nothing is happening or actually getting warmer. Never really thought too much about it until seeing this forum actually. I basically "live" in this thing so I have many miles and hours of drive time, sometimes it seems that it cools significantly, others not so much. I will check and see through "my sources" if this is coming up and being worked on...

I work in a warehouse and for better or worse, I often sit in my car at lunch with the AC (and cooled seats) running. I checked today and I did not feel heat coming through to my back on the upper half of the seat. I will say the butt area of the seat gets much cooler than the back, though I do feel the coolness.

I put my hand on the rear side of the seat back and I felt warmth for sure, but it was not "hot." I'll keep checking to see if it varies.

• Like 1

I just picked up my Titanium Edge this past Friday, and I tried the Ventilated Seat Test of 2015. Even on Level 1, I can reach around behind and feel the warm spot on the mid-back of the seat after even a minute. I tried it on Level 3 on an hour long trip Friday evening, and it was considerably warm to the touch. Didn't really feel it on my back so much, but if I was in the back seat accidentally hitting that spot, it would be jarring how warm/hot it was.

Have you seen the comment on the F150 page? Someone over there used a infared

device to show the temps of the seat and seat back. The temp was almost 10 degrees warmer on the seat back. The "back" of the seat back, where the so called heat exhaust is registered at 120 degrees. Unreal.

I'll be scheduling my vehicle for the dealer next week.

• 3 months later...

TSB 15-0166 has been issued for this problem. I have an appointment today for this issue on my titanium. Dealership had earlier said seats were cooling "as they were designed to" prior to the service bulletin. Lol. I guess they come up with whatever bs explanation they can think of if they can't figure out the solution...

• Like 2