Ventilated seat problem

Granted, if both Edges you tried appeared to have this excess heat, you would think it IS an issue with all Edges. But it's not. I regularly use seat cooling at its highest setting and have never witnessed any heat in the back. I have, as others, complained that there should be as much cooling in the back as in the seat.

Lots of 2015 F150s have the problem. So many, that a lot of people thought only the seat bottom was cooled. Dealers also stated it was normal because so many others on their lots had the same problem they thought it actually WAS normal. I'd have the dealer pull the seat and open it up to find out what's wrong if you want to buy that particular Edge. If they want to sell it, I'd think they could spare an hour worth of labor to make the sale. it has to be a simple fix if the majority work fine.

I didn't read 51 pages from the f150forum - does that indicate Ford knows about the problem?

Yes. Because there have been some supposed "changes" that will "fix" the problem. People still having the issues.

Ford knows. Hopefully they have some sort of re-design in the works for the F150. And if it is the same issue with the Edge, hopefully the "fix" carries over.

It will carry over - I'm sure it's the same exact design/materials. It probably comes off during installation which is why it seems to affect so many vehicles.

These little problems (and a few big ones) are becoming tiresome. I was writing most of these off to Ford trying to do too much work at the same time converting 3 different vehicles to new platforms (Focus, Fusion and Escape). But this is still happening. I think they're cutting too many corners on the engineering side.

Someone could use a laser thermometer and take before and after temp readings. Unfortunately, I can't give you the "exact" temp I felt last night. I can tell you that it was hot enough to cause discomfort. Not enough to burn or blister. But enough to make our backs uncomfortable, "hot" and sweaty. Significantly warmer than the rest of the seat. And an unacceptable temperature for a cooled seat.

I read the f150 threads about this issue. Has anyone here called a dealer about

the issue in their Edge?

Perhaps it's time for us to reach out to our Ford Rep as we did for the waterway issues.

I for one cannot us the cooled seats in AZ as is. The reason I purchased the Sport with black suede inserts was Because of the cooled seats. Very disappointed with Ford. I thought

they had their s$&t together. But apparently they do not.

JS

Not trying to take away from this issue at all.....

...but I was just sitting here thinking about how we are complaining about our cooled seats not working. Something we have lived without forever. My grandpa would probably call me a p*ssy if I talked to him about my cooled seats warming my back up. I was young, but I do remember when most cars didn't have A/C and you had to crank your window down for some relief.

But I understand that this is a feature these days and we paid for it. So it should work.

• Like 1

Does it only happen after using them for a long period (30 minutes or longer)?

If they don't have a permanent fix yet then the only options are

a - sell the vehicles and repair them later

b - hold the vehicles at the factory until they're fixed

c - Remove that feature temporarily

B and C would piss off way more people than A.

It's really disappointing to see Ford continung to have these problems. I think they need to slow down and get more focus on engineering and/or vendor management.

• Like 2