2016 Edge Sport - no more low fuel warnings or vehicle health report

So went for first fill up on my 2016 Edge Sport. Noticed that the "low fuel warnings" that used to pop up on my 2012 Sport no longer appear. Also, no more vehicle health report, except for using "Ford Owner App" and applink, which is a pale comparison. Any thoughts on this? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Feels like a definite downgrade to the 2016 models, especially the low fuel warnings.

On the CD4 vehicles (2013+ Fusion, 2015+ Edge), the low fuel warning doesn't come on until around 30-35 miles to empty and it's not a specific number - it seems to vary.

I much prefer the 50 mile warning.

Out in our country, gas fill-ups can be 50-80 miles apart. That 30-35 miles between is kinda scary. Guess a guy might have pay closer attention to the gauges.

Out in our country, gas fill-ups can be 50-80 miles apart. That 30-35 miles between is kinda scary. Guess a guy might have pay closer attention to the gauges.

In that case I wouldn't be relying on even a 50 mile reminder. Although even at 0 MTE there is typically 1.5 gallons or so left giving you another 30 miles or so.

Can you actually pull that last gallon out of the tank though?

Probably most of it. I think I've seen folks who went 30 miles past 0 MTE on purpose just to test it (don't ask me why).

And without damaging the fuel pump?

In a one-time emergency, probably not. But I sure wouldn't try it on purpose or do it more than once.

• Like 1

So went for first fill up on my 2016 Edge Sport. Noticed that the "low fuel warnings" that used to pop up on my 2012 Sport no longer appear. Also, no more vehicle health report, except for using "Ford Owner App" and applink, which is a pale comparison. Any thoughts on this? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Feels like a definite downgrade to the 2016 models, especially the low fuel warnings.

I went down to 40 km remaining and did not receive a warning. On my 2011 Edge, I receive a warning at 80 km left on a tank.

Jonathan, when you first start the car and the warning lights run through their test phase, does the low fuel lamp illuminate? If yes, perhaps a computer reset is all you need. If not, it might br a failure in the light or signal circuit.

Let us know what you find.

I don't see a low fuel light anywhere. My old 2012 edge used to come up on the left side lcd screen with a yellow screen i had to "OK" out of that listed miles left til empty. Nothing is there. No fuel light with a little gas pump symbol showing up anywhere when car starts. No nothing. I only have 250 miles on the car, too...