sport mode

IF you will be holding speed for a long period of time(highway) you will hurt your gas mileage as it will not shift to 6th in sport unless you use the paddles to do so.

yes.....I experienced this first hand....gas mileage will suffer around 3 to 4 mpg.

Not sure about the 6th gear issue....guess it all depends on revs.....but back to the fuel millage....I was cruising at 75 mph and forgot it was in sport, then I checked my fuel millage for the whole trip back (in D mode) and the difference was around 4 mpg.

Edited by cds71
  • Like 2

seems like i average 17 no matter what mode im in, but i would agree on a long trip i dont need sport mode

I was talking purely highway miles.....and I usually get between 29 to 31 mpg on highway cruising (in drive mode) at 75 mph....in (Sport mode) I believe I was getting 26 mpg....all over a 1.5 hour drive one way (1.5 hours in Sport mode and 1.5 hours in Drive mode). Granted around town I dont think it makes much of a difference(driving style would be the huge factor).

• Like 1

Tried driving in regular mode and was fairly disgusted. Pushing pedal provides noticeably less power and irritates me...

Need to prove out that the gas savings are trivial before I can go back exclusively back to Sport.

Would be annoyed if the difference is more than 2 mpg.

Went out for a drive this morning round 6am, regular mode with fairly gentle throttle, 19mpg, returned the same way with traffic and less gentle throttle and some bursts in Sport for passing, 18mpg combined trip.

There are benefits to this mode in mpg, can't stand it for the state of mind I am usually in which is to have a little fun and have power ready without having to shift anything.

No idea what paddles are for, car shifts perfectly in S and needs a harder kick in D

Edited by 037

The first '15 Edge we had was 3.5L V-6 powered. Couple hills on some local roads the trans would drop from 6th to 4th to hold speed in one shift when using cruise control. I played with sport mode and was able to pull the hills in 5th without having to buzz the engine at 4200 rpm. The new '15 Edge with the turbo-4 pulls all but the steepest hill or two in 6th, drops into 5th on the steepest hills. Haven't needed to play with sport mode.