No power folding mirrors???

JCrew7384

36 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

we all have different financial status' but me personally, don't consider anything under 55k a premium price, it's pretty attainable,  and I by no means am wealthy

A lot of non premium vehicles are priced at more than 55k.

I define a premium price as something that's priced at more than what it's worth.

Financial status has nothing to do with the conversation.

Just now, handfiler said:

A lot of non premium vehicles are priced at more than 55k.

I define a premium price as something that's priced at more than what it's worth.

Financial status has nothing to do with the conversation.

Financial status will usually vary the opinion of what one considers premium, that is why I included that. 

1 hour ago, Nick Halstead said:

but I also don't consider a TrackHawk a premium vehicle, just an expensive version of a cheap vehicle.

I agree. Ford includes power folding mirrors on the lincolns. If they gave every feature in both Ford and Lincoln it wouldn’t make sense. I would love to have them on mine but I definitely understand why it doesn’t have them. 

9 hours ago, Fingernip said:

I agree. Ford includes power folding mirrors on the lincolns. If they gave every feature in both Ford and Lincoln it wouldn’t make sense. I would love to have them on mine but I definitely understand why it doesn’t have them. 

Ford included power folding mirrors on the European Edges, so I don't see why they could not add it to the US model. Power folding mirrors come standard on some SUVs costing less than Edge.

20 minutes ago, blitz118 said:

Ford included power folding mirrors on the European Edges, so I don't see why they could not add it to the US model. Power folding mirrors come standard on some SUVs costing less than Edge.

The Ford Europe is marketed differently and even comes with totally different options. There is no Lincoln Europe so Ford brand is not competing with itself.  They also have specific requirements due to narrow roadways. 

2 minutes ago, Fingernip said:

The Ford Europe is marketed differently and even comes with totally different options. There is no Lincoln Europe so Ford brand is not competing with itself.  They also have specific requirements due to narrow roadways. 

This.  Ford has a Vignale trim in Europe that includes a lot of the Lincoln only features because they don't sell Lincolns in Europe.

Ford has also gone into cost cutting mode with this Edge/Nautilus refresh.

• Thanks 1