Recall order 19B11 - Adaptive Headlamp Software

Same here:

We found the following field service action listed on your vehicle.

VIN:2FMPK4K91KBxxxxxx

Last updated 05/23/2019

Field Service Action Items

• VIN: 2FMPK4K91KBxxxxxx
  • FSA Title: HEADLAMP CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAM
  • Field Service Action Number: 19B11

• akirby changed the title to Recall order 19B11 - Adaptive Headlamp Software
51 minutes ago, Xtxman said:

Went by the dealer this morning, I was told that as long as the headlights were working, the recall did not apply to me.

Ugh. wow. This is the kind of horrible customer service that gives dealers a bad name. Yes the headlights turn on. But there is a whole set of features that isn't working. They need to actually run your VIN and check for the recalls. 

3 hours ago, Xtxman said:

Went by the dealer this morning, I was told that as long as the headlights were working, the recall did not apply to me.

When I contacted my dealer, the service advisor told me this fix applied from first builds to March 19 builds.  I would look for another dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, dawastemaster said:

I had the software fix performed on my wife's 19 Titanium (301A package) but we see no difference.  The tech, who has done all my electronics on my F-150s.  He is researching the problem.  Anyone has suggestions?

How did you test it?

10 minutes ago, dawastemaster said:

Except for actually driving at night, where I've seen no difference, I have no other ideas to test.  I'm open to suggestions.  

Simple - when you start the vehicle the lights will move back and forth.  Just make sure you're parked in front of a wall or garage door at night and you'll see if they move.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Simple - when you start the vehicle the lights will move back and forth.  Just make sure you're parked in front of a wall or garage door at night and you'll see if they move.

We've done that before and after the update.  No difference.  Vehicle has 301A package and we have the Ford notification letter in hand.  Everyone at dealer agrees the 301A package should have the adaptive lights.  Will look again tonight, probably video and see if there is any movement.

If they are anything like the FoST adaptive lights you will really only notice them if you are swerving back and forth at like 10 MPH on a very dark road.  You will then see the shift right to left most noticeably.  When driving it is harder to spot unless it is very dark, no other lighting and you steer quickly, if you are smooth about it they just seem to follow the road like any other lights(but lighting better in the actual path of the vehicle).  But that is how the FoST Adaptive HID's looked.  The ones on the Edge I really have no personally seen, but they have a second reflector that I do not know if that is what moves or if the main light moves. In normal Edge ST with a 400A package the inner light by the grill is a turn signal lamp not like the extra reflector in the 401A package.  On the Focus the main projector moves left to right and there are no other lights added for it to function.  But I assume the path is lit the same way.