Ford Edge Forum

Sorry if been asked already but.... My 2019 Edge only rolls down the front windows via remote but my 13 fusion did open/close with remote on all windows and the sunroof. Is there a mod or programming trick I can do to a 2019 Edge to achieve the same results, open and close all windows and sunroof?

You can roll up your windows via forscan.  Global open and close is not available on the Edge like the fusion and MKX/ Nautilus.

Edited by onyxbfly

As been said, on Edge you can do front windows ONLY! Unless you equip your rear windows with one touch up/down.

Edited by redden18

18 hours ago, seanmarshall said:

. Is there a mod or programming trick I can do to a 2019 Edge to achieve the same results, open and close all windows and sunroof?

Yes....sort of.  If this isn't already enabled in your Edge you can use FORScan to control both up/down of your front windows via the remote.  There's no provision for the roof.  Before digging into the FORScan code try these simple steps.

1. On your remote press unlock-unlock-unlock and hold for five seconds.  Your windows should roll down.  Now press and hold lock.  If your doors lock and windows roll up you're already good to go.  If not

2. Check your left side info display.  Navigate to Settings/Vehicle/Windows.  If you see check boxes for Windows Open and Windows Close make sure they're both checked.  When they're both checked try step 1 again.  

If one of those modes is missing (as my window up was) you'll need FORScan to change the following (after you write down the starting settings so you can go back if it doesn't work):

Make all of the following changes to BCM, DDM, and PDM modules:

BdyCM (As-Built):

726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 0101 0000 0060

DDM:
740-05-01 Dxxx xx

PDM:

741-05-01 Dxxx xx

I don't know if Forscan will override the lack of pinch sensors in the rear windows and allow remote operation.  If it does be aware that if something (or someONE) gets caught in the rear window while it's rolling up it will not stop or roll back down.  Could be very dangerous which is why it's not enabled from the factory.

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don't know if Forscan will override the lack of pinch sensors in the rear windows and allow remote operation.  If it does be aware that if something (or someONE) gets caught in the rear window while it's rolling up it will not stop or roll back down.  Could be very dangerous which is why it's not enabled from the factory.

Forscan will not allow global close/open on the rear windows or moon roof. It will only allow you to add global close on the front windows.

8 minutes ago, ONEDGE16 said:

Forscan will not allow global close/open on the rear windows or moon roof. It will only allow you to add global close on the front windows.

That's what I suspected.   Otherwise it's a huge safety problem.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.