Remote Windows

18 hours ago, seanmarshall said:

. Is there a mod or programming trick I can do to a 2019 Edge to achieve the same results, open and close all windows and sunroof?

Yes....sort of.  If this isn't already enabled in your Edge you can use FORScan to control both up/down of your front windows via the remote.  There's no provision for the roof.  Before digging into the FORScan code try these simple steps.

1. On your remote press unlock-unlock-unlock and hold for five seconds.  Your windows should roll down.  Now press and hold lock.  If your doors lock and windows roll up you're already good to go.  If not

2. Check your left side info display.  Navigate to Settings/Vehicle/Windows.  If you see check boxes for Windows Open and Windows Close make sure they're both checked.  When they're both checked try step 1 again.  

If one of those modes is missing (as my window up was) you'll need FORScan to change the following (after you write down the starting settings so you can go back if it doesn't work):

Make all of the following changes to BCM, DDM, and PDM modules:

BdyCM (As-Built):

726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 0101 0000 0060

DDM:
740-05-01 Dxxx xx

PDM:

741-05-01 Dxxx xx

• Thanks 1

I don't know if Forscan will override the lack of pinch sensors in the rear windows and allow remote operation.  If it does be aware that if something (or someONE) gets caught in the rear window while it's rolling up it will not stop or roll back down.  Could be very dangerous which is why it's not enabled from the factory.

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don't know if Forscan will override the lack of pinch sensors in the rear windows and allow remote operation.  If it does be aware that if something (or someONE) gets caught in the rear window while it's rolling up it will not stop or roll back down.  Could be very dangerous which is why it's not enabled from the factory.

Forscan will not allow global close/open on the rear windows or moon roof. It will only allow you to add global close on the front windows.

• 1 year later...
Guest NorthroadCreations

Any more info you guys have on this FORscan? I just got a 2017 Edge Sport last night, and it has global open on the front two, but it would be nice to be able to add Global Close. Is there a certain model scanner I need, or is it more about software? Would love any help, Thanks!

On 9/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, Gadgetjq said:

On your remote press unlock-unlock-unlock and hold for five seconds.  Your windows should roll down.  Now press and hold lock.  If your doors lock and windows roll up you're already good to go. 

Excellent!

Thanks Gadgetjq. It worked perfectly on my 2018 UK spec Edge, and on all four windows too.

Edited by niceonept

• 2 weeks later...

While reading the manual learning how to do the global windows, I found the programming steps to set the FOBs to the seat positions, which the dealer electronics checkout guy failed to show us. You turn the can on without starting, then hold the seat position button of the door for the FOB you want programmed to that seat position, after the second tone/beep press the FOBs lock button within 3 seconds. Now that FOB or opening the drivers door while carrying that FOB will set your seat position. Up to three FOBs can be set to the three buttons on the door. 

On our RAM the two FOBs were preset to the two memory seat positions, it also remembered mirror, radio and HVAC setting for each FOB. 

Guess I will have to spend so time in the owners manual and see what else I have missed. 

17 hours ago, Snoking said:

Guess I will have to spend so time in the owners manual and see what else I have missed. 

Since you're just beginning the exploration process with your Edge you might find the following pages handy.

This one will help explain some things  in the manual and add a few items that 'should' be in there: https://www.gadgetjq.net/edge/tips/quick_tips.html

This page adds a few other things that are handy to know (and aren't in the manual at all: https://www.gadgetjq.net/edge/stuff/stuff.html

And here's a link to the main page that'll help when you start modifying your new Edge: https://www.gadgetjq.net/edge/

Have fun!

• Like 1