Cargo Cover Recommendation

OK, I picked.up this part at a  local dealer.  Without having to pay shipping I saved a few bucks.  Couple of questions.  It appears the unit ties into a couple of recessed rods behind the rear seats. However, I don't see anyway attaching the cover to these. Is there an installation kit I do not have?

If I am correct about where it attaches to the seat backs, is it not impossible to fold the seat backs independently?

• 8 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 9:54 PM, SC_ST said:

Have the updated OEM version, love it 

Post a pick so that we can see what's "updated".

I used mine for a week or two, and its been collecting dust for 5 years since - its a PIA and the dark rear windows make it impossible to see anything stored in the cargo area.

I'd sell mine for 25% of the cost and buyer pays shipping - Sold on Craigslist.

Edited by 1004ron
I'd sell mine for 25% of the cost and buyer pays shipping - Sold on Craigslist.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Keen to see the pictures, but can confirm that mine bought in 2017 does not attach to the back seat headrests. 

same here. i had a 2016 Ti and now a 2020 ST and the cover seems to be the same one on both. neither of them attach in any way to the seats. it's a spring loaded roll in a sort of box that is held in place just behind the rear seats by spring loaded tabs into holes under the farthest rear windows. there is a rigid flap that closes the gab between the roll and the seat back.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Keen to see the pictures, but can confirm that mine bought in 2017 does not attach to the back seat headrests. 

3 hours ago, ben senise said:

same here. i had a 2016 Ti and now a 2020 ST and the cover seems to be the same one on both. neither of them attach in any way to the seats. it's a spring loaded roll in a sort of box that is held in place just behind the rear seats by spring loaded tabs into holes under the farthest rear windows. there is a rigid flap that closes the gab between the roll and the seat back.

Maybe it isn’t the updated version and the dealer was blowing smoke up my bum? 

19 hours ago, omar302 said:

I remembered seeing a different cargo cover somewhere, found it in this carwow review. At the 5:57 mark he removed and you can see how it's attached to the rear headrests.

Interesting. That's a 2016 Edge he's got there and it has a different cargo cover to the one I have in my 2018 Edge. Mine isn't attached at all to the rear seats. So I guess I have the updated version.

Edited by 1004ron

1 hour ago, 1004ron said:

Picture link isn't working - cant you load it direct to the forum?

Edit:

I'd say that you don't have an updated version, because it probably doesn't exist - that is the same as the one I bought early 2017.

Having seen the video of the 2016 Edge just posted by Omar I would say it probably does exist. My cargo cover is different.

Edited by niceonept

1 hour ago, niceonept said:

Having seen the video of the 2016 Edge just posted by Omar I would say it probably does exist. My cargo cover is different.

Yes, and the latest version must have come out prior to March 2017 when I bought mine, because its not the same as the one in that video.

• Like 1