Reminder to all ....

enigma-2

Thanks for the reminder.

I carry a DC portable pump for just such an emergency. Keep it next to the spare tire. Got in the habit since I use to carry one on my motorcycle. That pocket on the left over the wheel well, with the accessory plug under it holds my lithium battery backup/car jumper too, always plugged in for a full charge. Really love all the pockets and accessory plugs on this SUV. Oh, I also carry a rubber mallet for flat tire changing. Sometimes those lug nuts are on really tight.

Interestingly I've used all these more to help stranded drivers.

• Like 3

I also carry a portable pump (Dewalt 20 volt cordless inflator). While back, I checked all my tires, been awhile, topped them off. When I checked my spare it was zero psi. Pumped it up and it wouldn't take more than 15 psi or something close. Discovered the valve stem had dry rotted and split. Never hurts to check once or twice a year.

Also carry a GooLoo DC1800 jumper battery. Only needed it once for my car when the battety went bad at the grocery store, but have stopped and jumped several others when they were dead. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread. When I took possession of my recent 2020 purchase, on the first day home I checked the spare and it was at 16psi. I had to return to the dealership the next day and mentioned it to my salesman and he said oh, I guess it hasn't been used in a while. Well it's never been used. Filled it to 58 (to account for Phoenix summer heat) checked it today and it's holding firm. I also carry a portable inflator.

Edited by Tim W. AZ