Ford ESP extended warranty

With all the issues I have had with this vehicle, I am seriously considering Fords ESP. Does anyone have this coverage and what does it cover/ cost. I know there are varying levels of protection and I would be interested in the maximum level of protection. Thanks !

Hi ThinLine. :D Not only are there 4 different ESP Plans (in the U.S.) which begin with basic coverage all the way up to warrantying most vehicle components. There are also various time and mileage limits. Add to that the fact that the price of Ford ESP Plans are negotiable, just like the price of a new car, and there is no sense asking what others may have paid.

Your best bet is to go to the following Ford website LINK: Ford ESP and read through the information describing the various Plans. Then use the website tools to find the Ford MSRP price of the Plans you may be interested in.

In addition, Google "Ford ESP Plans" and check out the various online sellers of Ford ESP Plans. They are all Ford dealers who sell the Plan online. There you will find your best prices.

Armed with that information, you can then go to your Dealer (or any local Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Dealer) and see if they will match your best online price. If they will, great. If they won't then you can purchase online or take your local Dealers best offer. All up to you.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I read that the 72 month 100,000 mile ESP cost $1,400. If this is the total cost for the esp, than this is a no brainer purchase for warranty coverage up to 100,000 miles ! I believe the deductible is $100 and this is for the premium care package. I have a hard time believing that it costs this little and I feel I am missing something in the fine print here. I have had a total of $12,000 that Ford put out for repair of warranty issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Edge is in production. Dealer quoted me the following while signing today:

6 yr/120,000KM - $2620

6 yr/150,000KM - $3120

$1299 for the Platinum Shield Protection

5yr Maintenance Plan: $1500

6yr Maintenance Plan: $2000

Interested to hear what people paid and what they've purchased?

• 2 months later...

I have read from various forums the pros and cons of getting an extended warranty, but I really needed the peace of mind considering these MKX's have so much electronics on it.

If you really want to obtain an extended warranty, I wouldn't go with anything but a Ford warranty. With that said, I found that Troy Dietrich at Ford of Greenfield in Greenfield MA had the best price out there. I even gave my dealer in the Milwaukee, WI area to match it and he wouldn't it.

I normally don't get extended warranties since I do all of my own mechanical -- (my '02 F-350 dually is going 178k strong), but if the navigation system dumps, that alone will cost me some money.

It's an individual thing, but wanted everyone to know where I found the best price.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the issues I have had with this vehicle, I am seriously considering Fords ESP. Does anyone have this coverage and what does it cover/ cost. I know there are varying levels of protection and I would be interested in the maximum level of protection. Thanks !

Last July when I got my 09 Edge I paid 1454.00 for the 7 year 100,00o mile ESP, remember it's negotiable at the dealer.

Last July when I got my 09 Edge I paid 1454.00 for the 7 year 100,00o mile ESP, remember it's negotiable at the dealer.

My wife and I just bought a 2010 Edge AWD (I think the AWD rate may be higher), dealer wanted $1,290 for 4yr/75lk coverage, I got a 7yr/100k ESP online for $1,210 with $100 deductible, used the same dealer that I used when I bought my FFH last year. www.myfordwarranty com is a dealer in Rhode Island and the written confirmation will arrive in the mail in about 7-10 days (email confirmation same day that order was placed).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2007 Edge SEL+. My lease is up this October with a 16,300.00 buy out. I found I can get a Premium Ford ESP with 50.00 deductible for 840.00. A "0" down deductible will be 960.00. This would be for a 48,000 mile or 6 yr term. That works for me. Now I would like to see if the dealer can do better. Is there anything else I need to know ESP wise??

Still need to decide whether I should buy it out or lease a 2010 or 2011 if I can afford it

• 2 years later...

you need to contact Nick Robertson at D'Orazio Ford for the best price in the country for a Ford ESP warranty. Just bought Premium 7 year/ 100,000 for $1070.

His number is 815-476-5205

This price is for paying by check. Credit cards are 2 to 3 percent more.

After researching for two days,this is the best price I have found.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if there is a time/mileage limit if you buy the vehicle new that you can still get the lowest price on the warranty? For example, on a GM (which I'm familiar with and have bought a few warranties) you basically have up to 1 year/12000 miles to buy the warranty and the price will be the same, except for any pricing adjustments that might happen to their plan during that time.

Is Ford the same way, or if I wait two months and 2000 miles would I pay more than if I bought it the day I bought the vehicle?

I'm buying a 2013 Edge Sport. I'm not a newbie at this, I'm 51 years old. You can't believe the garbage the dealer was trying to tell me. My sales guy was good, then they bring in the finance guy. He starts showing me the extended warranty they offer (not the ESP warranty, something called EZcare). Anyway, for the full boat package, $100 deductible, covers everything from broken rims, blown tires, lost key fobs, etc. etc. and also oil changes for 72 months or 100,000 miles. And all they wanted for this was $238......PER MONTH FOR 72 MONTHS!!!!!!!.

Thats over $17,000 for the life of this warranty. Considering the factory covers the first 3/36k and the powertrain is 5/50k, these guys are making a killing. I stopped him in the middle of his pitch and told him he can save his breath, I'm not interested in any of this if its not the Ford ESP plan. He wanted to show me that but I told him I already have it lined up (Flood Ford).

Then I mention that I can buy the warranty up to 1 year/12k and its the same price, he tried to tell me as soon as I put any mileage on it the price goes up. I just about had to tell him to walk away before I really get upset. Then he says "I'm just doing my job, and after I worked hard to get you the best interest rate". What a joke, my credit score is over 800 and I was only borrowing $10k, paying cash for the rest. All he did is threw the deal out there and waited for which bank responded with the best rate. Even later, when we were signing the final paperwork, he showed me the five banks that bid on the loan.

He was a young kid, maybe late 20's. I swear, they think they can treat anyone like an idiot. The sad thing is, if he was smart, on my loan app he would have seen who I worked for (a MAJOR financial services and investment company) and maybe would have figured out I know a thing or two about finances and making money.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

you need to contact Nick Robertson at D'Orazio Ford for the best price in the country for a Ford ESP warranty. Just bought Premium 7 year/ 100,000 for $1070.

His number is 815-476-5205

This price is for paying by check. Credit cards are 2 to 3 percent more.

After researching for two days,this is the best price I have found.

Which deductible did you decide to go with?