2011 Build Date

thebrave

I saw 4 different models being built on the same assembly line, in no particular order. They had a Flex followed by 2 Edge's, then a MKT and finally a MKX. They would then throw in a new 2011 Edge or MKX just to make sure everyone was awake...LOL.

Quite impressive and incredible to watch.

Thanks marusela for that great information, just what all of us here were hoping for. If you have time and see more, please share it with all of us anxious for news on the 2011s.

I drove onto the Quincy dealer's lot today, and am sad to say that it was not a 2011 MKX, only a 2010 MKT. Sorry for the incorrect sighting.

I saw 4 different models being built on the same assembly line, in no particular order. They had a Flex followed by 2 Edge's, then a MKT and finally a MKX. They would then throw in a new 2011 Edge or MKX just to make sure everyone was awake...LOL.

OK it's official, I'm living in the past! :D

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Spoke with my salesman today and he said that they had a corporate rep at the dealership yesterday with a 2011 Edge Limited. The day was for training for training the dealership (probably the sales only). They went over the whole car and were really excited about the new myFord stuff and everything else.

Guess Ford is getting ready for the shipping to begin to the dealers. Glad to hear they have done this, since the sales force seemed to know less than the web page has shown for months and months.

Dealership is in Delray Beach Florida (south florida, palm beach county).

They still dont have my VIN available for my Sport order and promise this time for this Friday (we will see, they have promised for 3 weeks already, but what can you do?)

My salesman said the dealership is due to get their edge the week of aug 8th. When asked abbot my order, he replied...

The Ford guy told us they are scheduled to start building order units the second week of August.  So hopefully that means we will get them sometime in September.

This has sure been a long summer

Hello Everyone,

Spoke with my salesman today and he said that they had a corporate rep at the dealership yesterday with a 2011 Edge Limited. The day was for training for training the dealership (probably the sales only). They went over the whole car and were really excited about the new myFord stuff and everything else.

Guess Ford is getting ready for the shipping to begin to the dealers. Glad to hear they have done this, since the sales force seemed to know less than the web page has shown for months and months.

Dealership is in Delray Beach Florida (south florida, palm beach county).

They still dont have my VIN available for my Sport order and promise this time for this Friday (we will see, they have promised for 3 weeks already, but what can you do?)

When did you place your order for your sport? I ordered my 2011 Limited on June 17th and have yet to receive my VIN #. If you placed after that then I would bet that they wont be able to provide you your VIN by Friday as they have promised you. You can also call the CRC if you have your dealer code and order # and they can tell you more accurate information.

When did you place your order for your sport? I ordered my 2011 Limited on June 17th and have yet to receive my VIN #. If you placed after that then I would bet that they wont be able to provide you your VIN by Friday as they have promised you. You can also call the CRC if you have your dealer code and order # and they can tell you more accurate information.

The better question is "When was your ofder accepted by Ford for scheduling?" It doesn't matter when you gave the dealership your order since the dealer may not have allocation for several weeks, or they placed an order with a higher priority after you ordered. Another dealership might have current allocation and an order placed later than yours would be scheduled sooner.

My lease is coming to an end on my 2007 edge on Aug 21st. I ordered a 2011 Edge Limited on May 24th. I called the dealer today and he tells me I need to extend my current lease because my order has not been scheduled yet. Not sure what that means. He said they are thinking end of september. What does it mean that it is not scheduled yet???

Wow, opened everyones wounds again. I feel all our pain... I placed my order on June 14. Do you have a number for CRC? I can at least try to get a dealer code and order # if they cant provide me a VIN. Even with knowing that production would start nearly a month after my order date and that it would take some time to build, park, fix, park, ship, pickup; the dealership made me laugh when they said, "Be excited, in 6 to 8 weeks you will be driving your new car." I laughed and told him, I will bet you your commision on that one. I doubt I will have a VIN OR a commision anytime soon...

Bad part is, tomorrow I bring my BMW X5 4.8 back in to BMW on lease end. I will miss it dearly, while still excited for an American replica. The cars are similar except for price and hp (handling is still questionable since nobody has driven a Sport yet except for the articles). On the bright side, a very kind friend is letting me borrow his 2 week old Ford F150 for a month. He is happy to be forced into driving his convertible Shelby GT500 in the mean time, lol.

Wow, opened everyones wounds again. I feel all our pain... I placed my order on June 14. Do you have a number for CRC? I can at least try to get a dealer code and order # if they cant provide me a VIN. Even with knowing that production would start nearly a month after my order date and that it would take some time to build, park, fix, park, ship, pickup; the dealership made me laugh when they said, "Be excited, in 6 to 8 weeks you will be driving your new car." I laughed and told him, I will bet you your commision on that one. I doubt I will have a VIN OR a commision anytime soon...

Bad part is, tomorrow I bring my BMW X5 4.8 back in to BMW on lease end. I will miss it dearly, while still excited for an American replica. The cars are similar except for price and hp (handling is still questionable since nobody has driven a Sport yet except for the articles). On the bright side, a very kind friend is letting me borrow his 2 week old Ford F150 for a month. He is happy to be forced into driving his convertible Shelby GT500 in the mean time, lol.

Sounds like you really had twist his arm on that one, lol. You and I are in practically the same boat I had to get rid of my truck the last week of June so I am driving a 2000 Buick Lasaber for the next month which belongs to my 92 year old grandfather who doesn’t drive anymore. Last time I called CRC they told me that my order was received and accepted into processing on June 17th which was the day that I ordered it at the dealer but she said that due to it being summer time and them receiving a lot of orders for vehicles they have been backed up. She also said that it is possible that they have assigned a VIN# and production schedule but there system just hasn’t updated it yet. Anyway the CRC number is 1-800-392-3673 press 1 for English then 5 at second menu 3 and third, 2 and forth and then just stay on the line. If you call early in the morning you can usually get right through but if u call in the afternoon then it is usually a 7 minute or so wait. the dealer code and order number is on the Vehicle order confirmation sheet that you dealer had you sign off on. Mine gave me a copy of it but if yours didn’t you could probably just call and ask them for it.

• Like 1

I ordered my limited the exact same date (june 14th) I spoke to my dealer 3 days ago. He told me he would receive my VIN within the next weeks and my car will be at the dealer in the first week of septembre. It should take about 1 week or 2 to get to the dealer from the factory (Canada shipping is about twice faster than USA). So if you are in usa I guess you should expect it for mid september or a bit later.

Frank

The better question is "When was your ofder accepted by Ford for scheduling?" It doesn't matter when you gave the dealership your order since the dealer may not have allocation for several weeks, or they placed an order with a higher priority after you ordered. Another dealership might have current allocation and an order placed later than yours would be scheduled sooner.

Grey,

They told me that it was entered and accepted into their system for processing on June 17th which is the day that I ordered it at the dealer. How does the priority work? My order confirmation sheet says Priority: 10. Is this the priority that you are talking about, or is it more of an overall priority that Ford gives to that specific dealer? Thanks ahead of time for any insight that you might be able to provide.

Grey,

They told me that it was entered and accepted into their system for processing on June 17th which is the day that I ordered it at the dealer. How does the priority work? My order confirmation sheet says Priority: 10. Is this the priority that you are talking about, or is it more of an overall priority that Ford gives to that specific dealer? Thanks ahead of time for any insight that you might be able to provide.

Priority 10 is very good IIRC - the lower the better. But that's the priority within all the dealer's orders. If the dealer doesn't have allocation then it won't be built and that's the tough part because dealers don't want you to know that they have an allocation problem.

I wish Ford would use the retail verification process which bypasses dealer allocations for pre-sold retail vehicle orders and prioritizes them in production. It seemed to work well with the Fusion Hybrid.

Grey,

My friend akirby is correct, as always. Order acceptance says it is in the holding que and can be scheduled when the allocation for the order is available to the dealership. 10 is the highest priority that the dealership can give the order, so even if another order is "accepted" into the que, yours should be scheduled first because your order date is earlier. If you were given a 20 and a later order got a 10, the later order would be scheduled first.

As akirby states, the dealership may not want you to know that they don't have allocation for several weeks. Sometimes allocation opens up and a unit gets pulled ahead for scheduling (another dealership cancelled orders or commodities were in short supply so other orders got pushed back). They would prefer to hope for the best and tell you the earlier timing.

Ford leaves most scheduling up to dealers to control (by priority within their allocation). If retail were a major factor in Ford's scheduling, all orders would be placed as retail (even if they were for stock). Retail verification would be too cumbersom and expensive to use for all but selected vehicle lines (hybrids, high performance, limited production vehicles.)

Dealer's allocation for a given vehicle line is based in great part on their sales and the number they have in inventory. It is more complicated than this but basically, the more you sell and the fewer you have in inventory - increases, or pulls ahead, your allocation. I don't think the Customer Assistance Center can tell you anything about allocation as that is between the Region and the dealership. Once an order is scheduled, they can track the order.

On May 8, I ordered a 2011 Limited. My 2007 lease is expiring Aug. 21. From what the dealer has told me, my car isn't even scheduled yet. I read something about an allocation number. How would I find out that number? On my order form it says priority 40... Is that bad?? The dealership told me to continue renewing my lease month to month, but how long can I do that??

Thanks for your help,

Traci

Dealers are given a monthly build allocation by their regional office, based primarily on their sales rate and their inventory of each vehicle line. 2011 Edge production began in early July Assume your dealership was allocated 3 for July, 3 in Aug. and 3 in Sept. Your order should have been one of the earlier ones submitted, but it may have been one of many. If they were all ordered with a 40 priority, the earliest should be scheduled first. If, however, several orders came in after yours with a higher priority (between 10 [highest dealer priority] and 39), they would be scheduled before yours. So, 40 is bad only if later orders got higher priorities. If there are 9 in the system ahead of you, you might be scheduled in October.

If you happened to order a commodity that is in short supply, that would delay the submission of your order for scheduling. The dealership should know if there are controlled commodities.

Ask your dealership if they placed orders with a higher priority after your order was submitted to Ford. Ask what allocation they had for July and Aug. production, and how many orders have been submitted. (They may not want to share any of this insight with you as you could figure out that they put other orders ahead of yours, after you ordered.) They will want to blame Ford, but dealers contrrol scheduling.

Ask them to get on the locator to see if one is in another dealer's inventory that they can dealer trade for you.

The last time I extended a lease, they let me go for two months at the old rate (plus a week or so at a daily rate.) Same situation, delayed delivery of my new vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you really had twist his arm on that one, lol. You and I are in practically the same boat I had to get rid of my truck the last week of June so I am driving a 2000 Buick Lasaber for the next month which belongs to my 92 year old grandfather who doesn’t drive anymore. Last time I called CRC they told me that my order was received and accepted into processing on June 17th which was the day that I ordered it at the dealer but she said that due to it being summer time and them receiving a lot of orders for vehicles they have been backed up. She also said that it is possible that they have assigned a VIN# and production schedule but there system just hasn’t updated it yet. Anyway the CRC number is 1-800-392-3673 press 1 for English then 5 at second menu 3 and third, 2 and forth and then just stay on the line. If you call early in the morning you can usually get right through but if u call in the afternoon then it is usually a 7 minute or so wait. the dealer code and order number is on the Vehicle order confirmation sheet that you dealer had you sign off on. Mine gave me a copy of it but if yours didn’t you could probably just call and ask them for it.

Thanks for the CRC information.

I told the dealer I'd be patient when I ordered my 2011 Edge Limited on May 13th... but the two times over the last 3 months that I've called to check I felt like I was getting the run around.

Last week I called the CRC and was told that my Edge hadn't been scheduled for production. I was furious. The very helpful lady at the CRC told me to check back this week. I am so happy to report that when I called the CRC today, Karen told me my Edge was scheduled 8/5 and she gave me my VIN number. My Edge Limited is scheduled to be built the week of 8/30. I'm hoping to get it the beginning of September.

Thanks again for posting the CRC information and I hope that we all get our Edges soon!

I told the dealer I'd be patient when I ordered my 2011 Edge Limited on May 13th... but the two times over the last 3 months that I've called to check I felt like I was getting the run around.

Last week I called the CRC and was told that my Edge hadn't been scheduled for production. I was furious. The very helpful lady at the CRC told me to check back this week. I am so happy to report that when I called the CRC today, Karen told me my Edge was scheduled 8/5 and she gave me my VIN number. My Edge Limited is scheduled to be built the week of 8/30. I'm hoping to get it the beginning of September.

Thanks again for posting the CRC information and I hope that we all get our Edges soon!

I know where you are coming from.

I've been getting fed up because I could get no status of my order (placed in May)

I Twittered @FordCustService today (with my order number) to see if they could give me info. Initially, they said , " Dealers should be receiving shipments early Sept. I tried 2 look up ur order # but no results."

After a few hours, they twittered me back and said they found it. It's status is "In Process". The next status is VIN assignment.

I feel a little more at ease

I just contacted the CRC and the lady I spoke too was amazingly helpful. Even contacted my dealer to try to get more info. Alas - nothing in the system yet for a VIN number or a build date. I ordered 7/23/10 and she said it could take almost 90 days to get to me from the order date. I am hoping that it will be way less than that. I am so excited to get this car!

Thanks for everyone's amazing info on this forum, it has been very helpful.

Glad it worked out for you and you were able to get at least a little more information. I actually called last Friday and they were able to give me my VIN and they told me that mine had just been scheduled to be built the week of 8/30 so it sounds like we will both be getting ours at the same time. My dealer called me last week and said that he should be able to get my VIN to me sometime soon so and they just called me last night again to say that he had just checked and still hadn’t received any information as far as VIN or anything...which I was able to get last week. I didn’t let on as to what I was able to find out I just said let me know when you get anything so I am interested as to how long it will take for him to find out what I have known since Friday.

Looking forward to driving my Kona Blue Limited with the Vista Roof Open this fall

Well, we are all getting excited. My order was entered on April 1, but have heard nothing yet. I bet a bunch of Edges will show up just as the commercials start to play on TV. For whatever reason, I still feel like there has been some sort of delay, as Ford's announced late summer rollout is bumping up against their traditional new model introduction times.

My salesman said they had ford come to the dealership with a new Edge yesterday. Everyone got training. He was stoked!

He said

"We had 2011 Edge training yesterday and a guy from Ford had one here to show us and it is really amazing. The interior with the My Ford Touch is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. You can control pretty much everything with it."

Pretty wild to know the sales staff needs training in the wild cabin tech!

I can't wait!

Edited by wilsons66604

I ordered a Kona Blue AWD Limited on 7/23. On 8/2 I was given a VIN by CRC, but no build date. Later on 8/2, my dealer gave me a build date of 8/16 (week of).

So I hope that my Edge is one of the dealer's first 2011 arrivals in early Sept. :shift: We hope to have a delivery date some time this week.

I ordered a Kona Blue AWD Limited on 7/23. On 8/2 I was given a VIN by CRC, but no build date. Later on 8/2, my dealer gave me a build date of 8/16 (week of).

So I hope that my Edge is one of the dealer's first 2011 arrivals in early Sept. :shift: We hope to have a delivery date some time this week.

Wow! Where did you order your edge? It's clear that it doesn't matter when you order.

I think ford needs to work on the ordering process. I would expect the kind of status feedback that I get from amazon...doubt that will ever happen though. Not all dealers and/or customers are created equal