2011 Build Date

thebrave

Hi everyone,

I got tears in my eyes, pinch my self twice. The lady at CRC told me that my delivery date is sept 6....I asked twice to make shure, even called the service in french....yes build date 30th of august and delivery 6 of september......Does anyone have a delivery date...

Thanks...Hope this is true...

PAT

I hope you get your vehicle close to that date, however, my experience as a dealer is that we don't get the vehicle for up to 30 days after it is built. We have never received a vehicle within a week of its build date. I too have and Edge being built on the 30th of August, but am not expecting to see it before mid Sept at the earliest. Our Sales Rep with Ford that handles our orders has told me the same.

Edited by thomasford405

I hope you get your vehicle close to that date, however, my experience as a dealer is that we don't get the vehicle for up to 30 days after it is built. We have never received a vehicle within a week of its build date. I too have and Edge being built on the 30th of August, but am not expecting to see it before mid Sept at the earliest. Our Sales Rep with Ford that handles our orders has told me the same.

Hi thomasford405,

You are maybe right.....Let me explain something. My salesman ordered my Edge Limited on May 14th, but on July 18th he reordered the same vehicule in case the first one would be stuck for quality control at the factory (like the mustang). So is it the one ordered on may 14th I'm getting on sept 6 or the one ordered on July 18th ??? I don't know, but I clearly asked twice with different person at CRC in two different languages, they both confirmed dilivery date sept 6.

Thanks, will keep hope for first week of september.....

(Sorry for the english mistakes).....

PAT

Hi thomasford405,

You are maybe right.....Let me explain something. My salesman ordered my Edge Limited on May 14th, but on July 18th he reordered the same vehicule in case the first one would be stuck for quality control at the factory (like the mustang). So is it the one ordered on may 14th I'm getting on sept 6 or the one ordered on July 18th ??? I don't know, but I clearly asked twice with different person at CRC in two different languages, they both confirmed dilivery date sept 6.

Thanks, will keep hope for first week of september.....

(Sorry for the english mistakes).....

PAT

Does it help if you live near the factory?

I know that at least one plant is located in Ontario. (mine is/will be built there)

Does it help if you live near the factory?

I know that at least one plant is located in Ontario. (mine is/will be built there)

All Edges are built in Oakville, Ontario. But being close to the plant doesn't help resolve quality issues. If your vehicle isn't perfect coming off the line (and at this stage in production it's probably about a 50/50 chance), then it will be held until the issues are fixed. That could take one day or it could take 4 weeks. There's no way to know right now.

• Like 1

Just checked with the CRC again today and they said that I got pushed back a week so now I am scheduled for the week of September 6th to be built but there is still no ETA yet.

Interesting

Looks like the "Late Summer" availability is not going to happen.

I wonder if they are having issues with the build of the Edge.

I've decided to chill out and not expect mine till October.

Interesting

Looks like the "Late Summer" availability is not going to happen.

I wonder if they are having issues with the build of the Edge.

I've decided to chill out and not expect mine till October.

Hi all,

Been also following this forum: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4938-woohooo-just-ordered-my-edge-2011/page__st__20

I've heard it there and elsewhere that there has been a problem with the Mytouch / Sync / Microsoft interface of some type but that it has been resolved and shipping has commenced as of last Thursday I think, so there has been some back-up in the system a bit. I placed my order late July and no VIN yet so I'm not expecting delivery until October.

Edited by Freddie

Hi all,

Been also following this forum: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4938-woohooo-just-ordered-my-edge-2011/page__st__20

I've heard it there and elsewhere that there has been a problem with the Mytouch / Sync / Microsoft interface of some type but that it has been resolved and shipping has commenced as of last Thursday I think, so there has been some back-up in the system a bit. I placed my order late July and no VIN yet so I'm not expecting delivery until October.

Thanks for the forum URL. I'll check it out.

I wonder if they figured out that jailbreak me.com was "supported" and we were waiting on a security patch Tuesday !?

This is cool and scary at the same time. My new car Is delayed because of a software bug.

Turn WEP on!

It's not really "a problem", more like hundreds of small problems.

First time poster here.

I've beem following this forum to see if anyone would post any news about the shipping dates for the 2011 Edge and MKX. I purchased my MKX in July (one that the dealer had already ordered) and well, my salesman called me today to say they had received an MKX today... not mine, but at least one was delivered. BTW, I'm in Ottawa.

The funny thing is that they had ordered that one after the one I purchased. None-the-less, mine should be here soon.

So for all of you waiting for the 2011 Edges and MKXs... expect them this week at a dealership near you!!

Received a call from my dealer this afternoon. No news yet on my 2011 Edge (ordered April 1, then duplicated with a dealer stock order at a later date due to those orders being shipped first). They have been told that shipping has been delayed due to "an electrical and/or software problem." Makes sense, as national adverts still are featuring 2010 Edges and MKXs today. Also, dealers in the midwest have not had their traditional show and tell or whatever they call it at one of the area dealers where sales folks can preview the updated Edge. Not always done with an update, but probably would be with the new MyFord Touch. Autoweek reported that the new Edge started shipping to dealers today, will be $200 less than the 2010 model, and "Ford is planning a television and digital ad campaign to launch the model starting in late August and early September." Let's hope so.

Received a call from my dealer this afternoon. No news yet on my 2011 Edge (ordered April 1, then duplicated with a dealer stock order at a later date due to those orders being shipped first). They have been told that shipping has been delayed due to "an electrical and/or software problem." Makes sense, as national adverts still are featuring 2010 Edges and MKXs today. Also, dealers in the midwest have not had their traditional show and tell or whatever they call it at one of the area dealers where sales folks can preview the updated Edge. Not always done with an update, but probably would be with the new MyFord Touch. Autoweek reported that the new Edge started shipping to dealers today, will be $200 less than the 2010 model, and "Ford is planning a television and digital ad campaign to launch the model starting in late August and early September." Let's hope so.

Ford was at the Topeka, ks dealership last week to show them the new edge

I didnt real through every single post above me so sorry if this is old info

My Dad works at Ford and we ordered a '11 Edge. And he said that there were a few issues that cause about an 8 week delay. But they are "ok to buy" now and are sitting up in Canada for the most part, just starting to be shipped out. From personal experience and talking to the Edge guys he thinks we will get ours early September. Im not sure if that is the same time for people getting them through dealerships.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone. I ordered my 11 sport on June 14. About 2.5-3 weeks ago I finally got my Vin. Then about 2 weeks ago I got the update from CRC that the build date was the week of Aug 30th, just like many others. I called CRC again on Monday this week and they told me that the order was submitted to the manufacturing floor and it was being built. Today I check the new URL (they added a hash key to the old link) for my sticker (thanks for the new link, somebody). As of today I have a window sticker. Glad the order is correct and all my features are in it. Link = http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=2fmdk4ak2bba18354&ref=VL

Interesting thing is my transport is by CONVOY and not RAIL like I have seen from other stickers.

While it has been interesting and nail biting waiting, I am glad to hear that they are to be shipping and that issues seem to be found and resolved (fingers crossed). Glad my build was now and not weeks ago for repair issues.

Anyway, if I hear an ETA, I will update.

Yesterday I was reading a few posts on the forum and read that someone had an ETA of September 6th. Well after further searching the internet I was on the Ford Media site and they officially announced yesterday August 17th that this past weekend Ford started shipping the new 2011 Edges to dealers in the US and Canada. Has anyone else received updates with an ETA? Also here is the link to what I found on the media site. http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33124

Like I mentioned in a previous post, some dealers have alreay received 2011 Edges and MKXs. The one I ordered didn't come in yet but my dealer receieved a red MKX yesterday which was ordered after mine. I went to see it after work and took it for a spin. It's everything I thought it would be!!

Like I mentioned in a previous post, some dealers have alreay received 2011 Edges and MKXs. The one I ordered didn't come in yet but my dealer receieved a red MKX yesterday which was ordered after mine. I went to see it after work and took it for a spin. It's everything I thought it would be!!

One thing that I have been curious about...

Have they gotten away from the ugly keypad on the door? I saw another Ford with the keypad hidden in the B pillar

As some already explained - individual cars may not have shipped yet regardless of when they were actually built if they were held for repairs. New, clean vehicles will ship directly from the line while the repairs are done to the older vehicles. Hopefully it only takes a week or two to get them all out the door but it depends on what the problems were and how quickly they can be fixed.

I understand this is frustrating but it's the price you pay for ordering early in a system that Ford has designed to ensure the highest quality for new or significantly changed vehicles.

As some already explained - individual cars may not have shipped yet regardless of when they were actually built if they were held for repairs. New, clean vehicles will ship directly from the line while the repairs are done to the older vehicles. Hopefully it only takes a week or two to get them all out the door but it depends on what the problems were and how quickly they can be fixed.

I understand this is frustrating but it's the price you pay for ordering early in a system that Ford has designed to ensure the highest quality for new or significantly changed vehicles.

Or... like my dealer explained to me... it could be a situation of First In Last Out. My vehicle was built on July 16th and was apparently prepped for shippin on August 4th. Maybe the newer vehicles are being shipped out first 'cause they're at the front of the line? I hope that's the case... I would hate to think there were issues they had to fix on the one I ordered!?

One thing that I have been curious about...

Have they gotten away from the ugly keypad on the door? I saw another Ford with the keypad hidden in the B pillar

I was hoping it would be invisable in the black trim of the door like the new Taurus. You wave your hand over it and it lights up. But all the pictures I've seen still has the key pad above the handle.

I was hoping it would be invisable in the black trim of the door like the new Taurus. You wave your hand over it and it lights up. But all the pictures I've seen still has the key pad above the handle.

I agree. I'm driving a loaner from the dealer which is a 2010 Taurus and I like how the key pad is on the window frame of the door. Unfortunatley, I don't think it's that way on the new Edge or MKX.