2011 Build Date

thebrave

Found a stated $750US cash incentive listed for 2011 Ford Edge on one of those obscure sites listing all cash incentives for all makes and models. Expiration date was end of July, early August. I only include it because some of you have been asking. I think the info is questionable at best, but thought I'd at least throw it out there. I ordered my 2011 with no money down and I of course get any incentives and/or financing available at delivery.

Sounds like the 2011s will not show up for awhile as Job 1 date has been pushed back from June 7 to July 12 (Blue Oval Forum), so Waldo may be in the know after all.

Thanks for tracking that down. If true, not the greatest of incentives, but hey, $750 is $750. It'll pay for BLIS or maybe even the Driver Entry Package.

• Like 1

I suggest that you check with another dealer. I was able to get 2011 pricing from 4 separate dealers as well as Cars.com.

The dealers were even able to give me the x-plan pricing.

So how close to the stated invoice pricing was your X-plan pricing? Im planning to use X-plan again as I did on the 2008.happy%20feet.gif

Screenshot2010-06-03at94223PM.png

UPDATE: 11/07/10

We purchased our 2011 Sport in White with the Nav,Vision, Driver Entry, Backlit Door Sills, and Cargo Package. The MSRP was $43680. We used the X-plan which got us a price of $39879. I got a $1500, $1000, $750, $500 in rebates, and then my wife had them take off the cost for the cargo package $290, and back lit door sills $295. (she didn't care for them and said we'd just by a truck configured how we wanted). After all this, they still gave me $200 off for a program for Police Officers, and then they paid my last lease payment of $430. on my 2008.

Edited by Edgieguy
  • Like 1

So how close to the stated invoice pricing was your X-plan pricing? Im planning to use X-plan again as I did on the 2008.happy%20feet.gif

It depends on where you live but I would guess that you should expect 42000

My dealerS were able the plug that option in and tell me immediately what the price was

I noticed that not all dealers were willing to offer xplan until asked. Those dealers were eliminated from my list.

X-plan is a simple no mess/ no haggle profit for dealers. $75 for paper work and then a few percent over invoice to cover BS

Hi Edgieguy. :D The actual X-Plan formula on Ford and Mercury vehicles is as follows: Dealer Invoice Price - (0.4% of that Dealer Invoice Price) + a $275 Administration Fee.

EDITED - Keep in mind that when we use the term "Dealer Invoice Price", we mean the actual Factory Invoice Price listed on the Dealer copy of the Factory Invoice, not the Invoice Prices listed on sites like Edmunds, Cars.com etc.. The Invoice Prices listed on those websites are only close approximations, since they do not include certain proprietary costs/charges included in the Factory Invoice Price.

So using your Invoice example above, the X-Plan Price would be $41,112. That would be the Invoice price of $41,001 - 0.4% of that Invoice Price (in this case, $164.004) + a $275 "Administration Fee". Then the Dealer can add up to a $75 maximum "Documentation Fee". To that only your State and Local taxes, Title and Registration can be added. No other Dealer added fees are allowed.

So in your case, the X-Plan Price on that exact Edge would be $111 over Invoice. So essentially, if my math is correct, your "Out the Door Price" would be $41,112 + a $75 max "Documentation Fee" + State/Local taxes + Title/Registration - any Incentives/Rebates you qualify for.

Additionally, if you purchase any Dealer installed equipment/services, an Extended Service Plan etc., those costs would also need to be negotiated with the Dealership and added to the price of the vehicle.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

I went to 3 dealers and they all gave me the same x-Plan price. I asked one dealer why his invoice was higher than what I saw on Cars.com. He said...

"The invoice they use doesnt include the 54.15 Fuel Charge or the FDAF Assessment of 503.00 that Ford charges our region for advertising on every car"

I went to 3 dealers and they all gave me the same x-Plan price. I asked one dealer why his invoice was higher than what I saw on Cars.com. He said...

"The invoice they use doesnt include the 54.15 Fuel Charge or the FDAF Assessment of 503.00 that Ford charges our region for advertising on every car"

That is absolutely correct and I was about to post that. When you look at invoice prices online none of them include the FDAF or fuel charge because it varies from vehicle to vehicle depending on geographic location and the numbers above sound correct. So if you're trying to get the true dealer invoice price you need to add about $500 to what's shown at cars.com or edmunds.com or kbb.com.

Note that this does NOT affect the X plan price. The X plan price is already printed on the invoice and includes everything. You do NOT add FDAF or fuel charge to the X plan price.

wilsons66604 - you said

I noticed that not all dealers were willing to offer xplan until asked. Those dealers were eliminated from my list.

X-plan is a simple no mess/ no haggle profit for dealers. $75 for paper work and then a few percent over invoice to cover BS

Why would a dealer "offer" X plan to anyone? It's only valid if the customer has a X plan pin already. The dealer cannot use X plan without a customer supplied PIN and the dealer is specifically prohibited from obtaining PINs for customers or helping customers obtain PINs. Plan sales (A/Z/D/X) also receive a spiff check from Ford for a few hundred bucks in addition to the $75 doc fee.

Dealers can choose to sell at the X plan price if they want to and they can even keep the $75 doc fee but they won't get the spiff check without an actual pin and that has to be customer supplied.

That is absolutely correct and I was about to post that. When you look at invoice prices online none of them include the FDAF or fuel charge because it varies from vehicle to vehicle depending on geographic location and the numbers above sound correct. So if you're trying to get the true dealer invoice price you need to add about $500 to what's shown at cars.com or edmunds.com or kbb.com.

Note that this does NOT affect the X plan price. The X plan price is already printed on the invoice and includes everything. You do NOT add FDAF or fuel charge to the X plan price.

wilsons66604 - you said

Why would a dealer "offer" X plan to anyone? It's only valid if the customer has a X plan pin already. The dealer cannot use X plan without a customer supplied PIN and the dealer is specifically prohibited from obtaining PINs for customers or helping customers obtain PINs. Plan sales (A/Z/D/X) also receive a spiff check from Ford for a few hundred bucks in addition to the $75 doc fee.

Dealers can choose to sell at the X plan price if they want to and they can even keep the $75 doc fee but they won't get the spiff check without an actual pin and that has to be customer supplied.

The dealer I chose, asked me who I worked for and then looked to see if i was x-plan eligible. I guess I work for a company that qualifies

Hi guys. :D Just to add to (and concur) with what akirby stated: I added this information to my reply above, but feel it is important for people to know when discussing the term "Invoice Price". Keep in mind that when we use the term "Dealer Invoice Price", we mean the actual Factory Invoice Price listed on the Dealer copy of the Factory Invoice, not the Invoice Prices listed on sites like Edmunds, Cars.com etc.. The Invoice Prices listed on those websites are only close approximations, since they do not include certain proprietary costs/charges included in the Factory Invoice Price.

The correct way to obtain the X-Plan Price of a vehicle is to tell the Dealer you are interested in purchasing a particular vehicle on the X-Plan. Then the Dealer is required to provide a copy of the actual Factory Invoice to you. On that Factory Invoice is a box labeled "X-Plan". The price in that box is the X-Plan Price. It already includes all X-Plan costs other than a $75 max "Documentation Fee", Tax, Title and Registration (and any Dealer installed equipment/services and/or Extended Warranty you may have negotiated with the Dealer).

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

The dealer I chose, asked me who I worked for and then looked to see if i was x-plan eligible. I guess I work for a company that qualifies

Oh, ok - that makes sense. The dealer can certainly tell you if your company is eligible and advise you to go get a pin and they would get points for that in my book.

However, I would not hold it against a dealer if they did not go out of their way to do this. It's really up to the employee to know if they get a discount or not on specific products.

Blue oval had an article saying that the 2011 Edge was going to have the best in class fuel economy at 18city and 27 highway but if you go onto fords Blackberry site they have the EPA listed at 18 & 25. Anyone have any insight on this? Also has anyone heard of a target ship date for all of Job1?

More News From Dealer:

Sounds like a few 2011 Edges may have already been built. Dealer stock orders will ship before retail (customer) factory orders. Don't know why. So quickest option for consumers will be to snag a dealer order as they come in first. Sounds like the July 12 Job 1 date applies to retail or customer orders. Any confirmation of this info would be appreciated by all, I'm sure. Have a great weekend.

:Last I saw, the Job 1 date for the Edge and MKX vehicles was July 1. They would not have two diferent job 1 dates for retail and fleet. The plant is scheduled down the week of July 5.

Where did you see july1?

It would be my guess that if the plant was scheduled to be down July 5 week, they would be retooling for the 2011 production.

2011 Edges have been in production for quite some time already. It's not a matter of production, it's a matter of getting them ready to ship. None will ship before August regardless of order type or build date.

Waldo, Is this an informed statement? There have been others in this forum who would say they knew that the build starts in July.

Does anyone really know?

!!

Looks like they have VINs. I guess that's all they need to list it for sale.

That is likely the case. Scheduling began 4/15. It is possible someone saw a pre-production vehicle at a dealership - but it would not be for sale.

Ford employees, plant managers, field service engineers, training schools and auto shows sometimes get them (pre-production models) in advance of Job 1 and they could have had one at a dealership. Look for a "Manufacturers" tag.

I walked through the Oakville plant today and saw first hand what is going on. They are still building the 2010 Edge and MKX but around every 20th car on the line is the new 2011 Edge or Lincoln MKX. They are testing build quality coming off the line and fine tuning for the 2011's. I believe many of these early 2011 models will end up in dealer showrooms.

They should go on sale (delivery) by mid to end of July.

• Like 1

I walked through the Oakville plant today and saw first hand what is going on. They are still building the 2010 Edge and MKX but around every 20th car on the line is the new 2011 Edge or Lincoln MKX. They are testing build quality coming off the line and fine tuning for the 2011's. I believe many of these early 2011 models will end up in dealer showrooms.

They should go on sale (delivery) by mid to end of July.

Wow, doesn't get more informed than having someone walk up and down the assembly line! :)

Thanks for the update.

Wow, doesn't get more informed than having someone walk up and down the assembly line! :)

I guess I don't understand the build process, I thought the "retooling" downtime that occurs each summer was to convert the assembly equipment to make the next year's model, if model years can be made as noted above, what is "retooling" for?

I guess I don't understand the build process, I thought the "retooling" downtime that occurs each summer was to convert the assembly equipment to make the next year's model, if model years can be made as noted above, what is "retooling" for?

In this 21st century, we must be able to quickly flip a switch and be "re-tooled"

Im glad to hear they are getting some practice building before they build mine!

I saw 4 different models being built on the same assembly line, in no particular order. They had a Flex followed by 2 Edge's, then a MKT and finally a MKX. They would then throw in a new 2011 Edge or MKX just to make sure everyone was awake...LOL.

Quite impressive and incredible to watch.

Edited by marusela
  • Like 1