2011 Build Date

thebrave

Ok, go ahead and tell the viewing audience the 15 vehicles that were nightmares the first model year.

You really only need to look at 1, the Flex, built at the same plant as the Edge using the same production systems, employees and engineers. It had a whole basket full of first year issues that have been worked out over time. Only now, nearly two years later, are the Flex's quality numbers finally coming into line with where they should be.

The new Edge is mostly a refresh, except for the entirely new, first time for Ford, electrical architecture. This isn't just a couple new modules, it's an entirely new system with a new communications "language" and totally new software. This is going to bring a new age to the concept of warranty claims, as most of the issues are likely to be software bugs, rather than part failures or assembly issues. If you like downloading software updates, the 2011 Edge will be for you.

Enemy, take it down a few notches.

You're taking everything that I say as a personal insult.

I believe one of my first posts says "I'd never buy a first model year vehicle".

You can do whatever your heart desires. Go buy a Prius for all I care.

Fact is when you compare first year models to the same models following years there are going to be more issues that first year.

This is true for just about any manufactered product out there. Yes you take a gamble with any car but the odds you'll have an issue during the first model year are greater.

My facts arent based on complaints but based on TSB's and recalls released by the manufacterurs. Pretty easy to look up those statistics. Maybe you should try it?

Sorry to tell you this "Refresh" has 3 new engines and all new electronics. Im pretty sure the suspension components are different as well. So yes this is a "Refresh" on the exterior but everything else is new.

My Edge is a 2010 and if you read some of the posts on this board you'll see this same problem has been occuring on the Edge since 2007. I dont have a "bad taste" per say but more so annoyed with the fact that Ford neglected this well known issue until now. It doesn't make me want to run out and purchase another Ford.

Again, feel free to buy a 2011.

'You're taking everything that I say as a personal insult.' LOL, I had a good laugh reading that, you sounded just like my wife there for a second, no offense. :)

Seriously, you do bring up some valid points. However one thing you obviously missed, and maybe it's just the optimist in me, but isn't it quite possible that as part of the 'refresh' Ford may have ironed out and addressed the bugs that a very small minority of owners like yourself have experienced? Ford has stated quite clearly that most of the changes in the 2011's were brought about after listening to what existing Ford Edge owners would like to see improved upon, the bland interior, increased power, more technology, etc. Logically, wouldn't they have also taken corrective action to fix any minor existing issues that owners have identified?

I guess the new features could certainly introduce new bugs. But it's also quite possible using my point above that the 2011's may be even more sound than the previous models.

• Like 1

You really only need to look at 1, the Flex, built at the same plant as the Edge using the same production systems, employees and engineers. It had a whole basket full of first year issues that have been worked out over time. Only now, nearly two years later, are the Flex's quality numbers finally coming into line with where they should be.

The new Edge is mostly a refresh, except for the entirely new, first time for Ford, electrical architecture. This isn't just a couple new modules, it's an entirely new system with a new communications "language" and totally new software. This is going to bring a new age to the concept of warranty claims, as most of the issues are likely to be software bugs, rather than part failures or assembly issues. If you like downloading software updates, the 2011 Edge will be for you.

I'm surprised to hear that. I've been the proud owner of a first year model Flex and have never had a single issue with it. And no, I'm not pulling a Sgt Schultz when I drive around town and there's a loud clunk coming from the rear end, "I hear NUT-TING!" It's without a doubt the most solid car I've ever owned and the primary reason why I'm looking to purchase my second Ford.

• Like 1

I'm just a mild mannered consumer (2011 on order) but I have seen where the first build starts on July 12.

Can anyone confirm??

My dealer confirmed with me yesterday that Job one does start July 12th but he wasn’t sure as to what the delivery date will be. He said that when the Fusions came out they were delivered a lot later then they had originally thought because Ford wanted all the dealers to get them at the same time. He also told me that he hadn’t received pricing guides yet for the 2011's so if I were to order it today I wouldn’t now what it was going to cost me until he gets a pricing guide. Where you able to get all of the pricing information prior to ordering?

• Like 1

'You're taking everything that I say as a personal insult.' LOL, I had a good laugh reading that, you sounded just like my wife there for a second, no offense. :)

Seriously, you do bring up some valid points. However one thing you obviously missed, and maybe it's just the optimist in me, but isn't it quite possible that as part of the 'refresh' Ford may have ironed out and addressed the bugs that a very small minority of owners like yourself have experienced? Ford has stated quite clearly that most of the changes in the 2011's were brought about after listening to what existing Ford Edge owners would like to see improved upon, the bland interior, increased power, more technology, etc. Logically, wouldn't they have also taken corrective action to fix any minor existing issues that owners have identified?

I guess the new features could certainly introduce new bugs. But it's also quite possible using my point above that the 2011's may be even more sound than the previous models.

Well if two people are telling you the same thing then you obviously have an issue.

How is Ford going to "iron out" issues on a vehicle with 3 new engines/new electronics/new suspension? If everything is being newly implemented then when was the market time to iron these things out? LOL

Is it only me that knows that make absolutely no sense at all?

Oh wait, Waldo has common sense. :yup:

Technologically the 2011 is going to be more advanced than previous models. That is obvious.

The new changes, which there are many, will bring about new issues. :banghead:

Edited by MOFSTEEL

My dealer confirmed with me yesterday that Job one does start July 12th but he wasn’t sure as to what the delivery date will be. He said that when the Fusions came out they were delivered a lot later then they had originally thought because Ford wanted all the dealers to get them at the same time. He also told me that he hadn’t received pricing guides yet for the 2011's so if I were to order it today I wouldn’t now what it was going to cost me until he gets a pricing guide. Where you able to get all of the pricing information prior to ordering?

I suggest that you check with another dealer. I was able to get 2011 pricing from 4 separate dealers as well as Cars.com.

The dealers were even able to give me the x-plan pricing.

• Like 1

Well if two people are telling you the same thing then you obviously have an issue.

How is Ford going to "iron out" issues on a vehicle with 3 new engines/new electronics/new suspension? If everything is being newly implemented then when was the market time to iron these things out? LOL

Is it only me that knows that make absolutely no sense at all?

Oh wait, Waldo has common sense. :yup:

Technologically the 2011 is going to be more advanced than previous models. That is obvious.

The new changes, which there are many, will bring about new issues. :banghead:

Having an opinion and disagreeing with you means I have personal issues? Not sure who this second person is, but I guess I must have disagreed with something else someone said.

How about we lose the Ego and get back to the purpose of this forum?

• Like 1

Having an opinion and disagreeing with you means I have personal issues? Not sure who this second person is, but I guess I must have disagreed with something else someone said.

How about we lose the Ego and get back to the purpose of this forum?

'You're taking everything that I say as a personal insult.' is what I was referring to.

It had nothing to do with disagreeing or opinions.

Seems like you try to twist everything I type into something negative.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

In Canada, full price details are available at most dealers. They even have an interesting 'Touring Option' that bundles both the Vista Roof and NAV system together and gives you a $700 savings. Not sure why we have all these details yet, perhaps because they're built in Oakville?

My dealer also does not have pricing info. They said I can order, but they wouldn't know the price until it comes back from Ford.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna order an Edge if I don't have a price. I asked him to look into it a bit more and to call me back. Is anyone else just a little miffed as to why FORD is holding out on pricing a 2011 Edge??? Funny how we can go to Cars.com and a few other sites and price it, but the Ford dealers and the Ford websites have no pricing info. I can only assume they want to sell as many '10s as possible. Based on what I see, there's good reason to hold out for an '11...pricing looks very similar to a '10, even with updated styling, suspension, engine tuning, mytouch, BLIS, adaptive cruise, driver entry package, etc.

My dealer also does not have pricing info. They said I can order, but they wouldn't know the price until it comes back from Ford.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna order an Edge if I don't have a price. I asked him to look into it a bit more and to call me back. Is anyone else just a little miffed as to why FORD is holding out on pricing a 2011 Edge??? Funny how we can go to Cars.com and a few other sites and price it, but the Ford dealers and the Ford websites have no pricing info. I can only assume they want to sell as many '10s as possible. Based on what I see, there's good reason to hold out for an '11...pricing looks very similar to a '10, even with updated styling, suspension, engine tuning, mytouch, BLIS, adaptive cruise, driver entry package, etc.

Call another dealer! The pricing has been available for over a month now.

Sounds like some dealers want to clear the 10s off their lot. Kinda stupid if you ask me. A sell is a sell!!

Here in the Great White North, I used a site called carcostcanada.com to get detailed pricing on both the 2010 and 2011 models and do a direct compare. They are very close in price and you're totally correct, holding out gets you a the next 'Bond' car for almost the same $$$. PIN me if you want a breakdown, I'd be glad to fire it over to you. Although if you're in the US not sure how helpful that'd be.

It's one thing for me to bring up my wife jokingly, with a smily face, and a 'no offense' clause, in a conversation.

It's another thing for someone else to use my family as an obvious insult against me. That shows a complete lack of class and in my view, you crossed a line.

Here in the Great White North, I used a site called carcostcanada.com to get detailed pricing on both the 2010 and 2011 models and do a direct compare. They are very close in price and you're totally correct, holding out gets you a the next 'Bond' car for almost the same $$$. PIN me if you want a breakdown, I'd be glad to fire it over to you. Although if you're in the US not sure how helpful that'd be.

Thanks. I did get pretty good pricing info at cars.com. To me, I didn't see much difference at all, but would like to see what Ford has to say. I called yesterday...they said they would call back. Called today, a different person said they'd call back. Nothing yet...sales must be really good not to call back potential customers. LOL

Thanks. I did get pretty good pricing info at cars.com. To me, I didn't see much difference at all, but would like to see what Ford has to say. I called yesterday...they said they would call back. Called today, a different person said they'd call back. Nothing yet...sales must be really good not to call back potential customers. LOL

Good luck to ya, let us know how it goes. What model/options you got your sights on?

Good luck to ya, let us know how it goes. What model/options you got your sights on?

Here's what I'm looking at:

Summary for the Limited 4dr All-wheel Drive MSRP1 Invoice2

Base Price $36,070 $33,589

Destination $775 $775

Colors

Interior Color Sienna

Exterior Color Bordeaux Red Reserve Metallic

Options

99C Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 INC INC

44J Transmission: 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic INC INC

STDGV GVWR: 5,580 lbs INC INC

STDAX 3.16 Axle Ratio INC INC

111WB 111" Wheelbase STD STD

64D Wheels: 18" Chrome-Clad INC INC

STDTR Tires: P245/60R18 AS BSW INC INC

PAINT Monotone Paint Application STD STD

G Leather-Trimmed Heated Bucket Seats INC INC

302A Rapid Spec 302A $5,000 $4,250

Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Transmission: 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic

3.16 Axle Ratio

GVWR: 5,580 lbs

Tires: P245/60R18 AS BSW

Wheels: 18" Chrome-Clad

Leather-Trimmed Heated Bucket Seats

Vista Roof

Adaptive Cruise Control & Collision Warning

HID Headlamps

Driver Entry Package

Vision Package

Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/Single CD/MP3/Navigation

43P Vista Roof INC INC

CRUISE Adaptive Cruise Control & Collision Warning INC INC

HID HID Headlamps INC INC

51E Driver Entry Package INC INC

Perimeter Alarm

Power Liftgate

Remote Start

ALARM Perimeter Alarm INC INC

LIFT Power Liftgate INC INC

REMST Remote Start INC INC

17V Vision Package INC INC

Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)

Rain Sensing Wipers

BLIS Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) INC INC

WIPER Rain Sensing Wipers INC INC

52N Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/Single CD/MP3/Navigation INC INC

Integrated SIRIUS Travel Link

Total Price $41,845 (MSRP) $38,614 (INVOICE)

Here's what I'm looking at:

Summary for the Limited 4dr All-wheel Drive MSRP1 Invoice2

Base Price $36,070 $33,589

Destination $775 $775

Colors

Interior Color Sienna

Exterior Color Bordeaux Red Reserve Metallic

Options

99C Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 INC INC

44J Transmission: 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic INC INC

STDGV GVWR: 5,580 lbs INC INC

STDAX 3.16 Axle Ratio INC INC

111WB 111" Wheelbase STD STD

64D Wheels: 18" Chrome-Clad INC INC

STDTR Tires: P245/60R18 AS BSW INC INC

PAINT Monotone Paint Application STD STD

G Leather-Trimmed Heated Bucket Seats INC INC

302A Rapid Spec 302A $5,000 $4,250

Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Transmission: 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic

3.16 Axle Ratio

GVWR: 5,580 lbs

Tires: P245/60R18 AS BSW

Wheels: 18" Chrome-Clad

Leather-Trimmed Heated Bucket Seats

Vista Roof

Adaptive Cruise Control & Collision Warning

HID Headlamps

Driver Entry Package

Vision Package

Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/Single CD/MP3/Navigation

43P Vista Roof INC INC

CRUISE Adaptive Cruise Control & Collision Warning INC INC

HID HID Headlamps INC INC

51E Driver Entry Package INC INC

Perimeter Alarm

Power Liftgate

Remote Start

ALARM Perimeter Alarm INC INC

LIFT Power Liftgate INC INC

REMST Remote Start INC INC

17V Vision Package INC INC

Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)

Rain Sensing Wipers

BLIS Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) INC INC

WIPER Rain Sensing Wipers INC INC

52N Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/Single CD/MP3/Navigation INC INC

Integrated SIRIUS Travel Link

Total Price $41,845 (MSRP) $38,614 (INVOICE)

Very nice. If you don't know about it already, get yourself an XPLAN pin and you should hit close to that invoice price. I'm looking at a 2011 Sport myself, fully loaded, Red Candy Metallic paint. Should be a huge step up from the RAV.

You own a Bullitt Stang by any chance?

Very nice. If you don't know about it already, get yourself an XPLAN pin and you should hit close to that invoice price. I'm looking at a 2011 Sport myself, fully loaded, Red Candy Metallic paint. Should be a huge step up from the RAV.

You own a Bullitt Stang by any chance?

Yes, I will be using XPLAN...through Disabled American Veterans (DAV). Actually my wife will be the primary driver for the Edge...she loves 'em.

Yes, I have a 2001 Bullitt Mustang...original owner, 42K miles, stock, signed by Richard Petty and not a scratch on her. She stays in the garage mostly now...go to a few car shows and take her out on nice days. Going up to Steamboat Springs this month for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup.

My daily driver is my Expedition...

The 2011 Edge's are gonna be awesome! Hope you get what you're looking for. Do you have one on order? If not, when will you decide?

• Like 1

Yes, I will be using XPLAN...through Disabled American Veterans (DAV). Actually my wife will be the primary driver for the Edge...she loves 'em.

Yes, I have a 2001 Bullitt Mustang...original owner, 42K miles, stock, signed by Richard Petty and not a scratch on her. She stays in the garage mostly now...go to a few car shows and take her out on nice days. Going up to Steamboat Springs this month for the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup.

My daily driver is my Expedition...

The 2011 Edge's are gonna be awesome! Hope you get what you're looking for. Do you have one on order? If not, when will you decide?

Decision was made when I saw the 2011 Sport at the auto show! 305HP EcoBoost, paddle shifters, gorgeous 22" rims, MyTouch, I'm sold! I'm ready to pull the trigger on the order, just waiting to see what the next round of incentives will be July 1st and whether they'll apply. In Canada at least, the %0 current financing is NOT applicable to the 2011 Edge.

The Bullitt Mustangs are awesome, take care of that beast. My pride and joy is an '02 Trams Am WS6 that I purchased when I found out it would be the last model year. It was a daily driver for 5 years so it currently has 90K on it. But I've babyed it since new and same as yours, it lives in the garage and only comes out to play on nice days. If it were up to me, I'd forget about the Edge and buy a brand new 2011 5L Mustang, unfortunately two small kids rules that out as a daily driver, so the Edge it is! Hard to believe that even the V6 Mustangs have almost as much power now as my '02 Trans Am did, and that was considered massive for the day.

Take care and keep us posted on the order.

'You're taking everything that I say as a personal insult.' is what I was referring to.

It had nothing to do with disagreeing or opinions.

Seems like you try to twist everything I type into something negative. My guess is your wife has told you the same thing. :redcard:

There is NO need for these continued comments. Please STOP.

• Like 1

Found a stated $750US cash incentive listed for 2011 Ford Edge on one of those obscure sites listing all cash incentives for all makes and models. Expiration date was end of July, early August. I only include it because some of you have been asking. I think the info is questionable at best, but thought I'd at least throw it out there. I ordered my 2011 with no money down and I of course get any incentives and/or financing available at delivery.

Sounds like the 2011s will not show up for awhile as Job 1 date has been pushed back from June 7 to July 12 (Blue Oval Forum), so Waldo may be in the know after all.

Found a stated $750US cash incentive listed for 2011 Ford Edge on one of those obscure sites listing all cash incentives for all makes and models. Expiration date was end of July, early August. I only include it because some of you have been asking. I think the info is questionable at best, but thought I'd at least throw it out there. I ordered my 2011 with no money down and I of course get any incentives and/or financing available at delivery.

Sounds like the 2011s will not show up for awhile as Job 1 date has been pushed back from June 7 to July 12 (Blue Oval Forum), so Waldo may be in the know after all.

I was hoping there would be incentives when I took delivery. Sounds better than nothing!

If the dates are correct, it tells me that delivery of my loaded limited Edge will be end of July or front end of august.

Looking forward to a summer road trip in the ultimate gadget.

• Like 1