How long do you think your Edge will last you?

Filtercharged07

I think for at LEAST another 10 or 12 years. We have an 07.

Should last a while with proper care and maintenance.

My last Ford was a 2001 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 2WD. Drove it for 9 years and 160,000 miles without a major issue.

Sold it because I wanted the "newer" bodystyle - I found a great used 2007 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 2WD to replace it.

I've been very happy with Ford products. They build a good quality vehicle at a reasonable price.

I see no reason to expect "less" from our new 2010 Edge.

Over the years the ford cars I've owned and had problems and lots of problems Capri, SVT focus, parents had

two Taurus, sister had a Taurus and nothing but problems.I think the trucks are a different build quality.

I had a 1995 ford bronco without any problems in 130,000 miles. Hopefully the Edge will be trouble free.

My family is not a gas and go type, all the service requirements were done

• 3 months later...

My last Ford was a 2001 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 2WD. Drove it for 9 years and 160,000 miles without a major issue.

Sold it because I wanted the "newer" bodystyle - I found a great used 2007 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 2WD to replace it.

I've been very happy with Ford products. They build a good quality vehicle at a reasonable price.

I see no reason to expect "less" from our new 2010 Edge.

Close ! I have a 2007 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4X4 5.4 with the 6.5' box. Been a good truck so far..only have 30K on it.

I agree with you on the Ford Quality.

We're selling the wifes 02 Escape and going to a 2011 Edge SEL next Spring. They' ve both been good vehicles

(So was mt FIRST FORD: 1969 Fairlane 2DHT w/302 Auto.)

I hope I can get the same rsults out of the Edge...looking forward to it.

Alan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

was hoping for quite awhile, we usually get rid of our cars within 2-4 years. unfortunately the wife now has a crush on the new explorers. does it ever end???

still loving the 07, gave it a sweeeeet detail yesterday and it looks New again. (hoping to keep her from getting the explorer, hehe)

was hoping for quite awhile, we usually get rid of our cars within 2-4 years. unfortunately the wife now has a crush on the new explorers. does it ever end???

still loving the 07, gave it a sweeeeet detail yesterday and it looks New again. (hoping to keep her from getting the explorer, hehe)

I did the same with the wifes car when we had a break from our lousy winter. The next week we wound up ordering her a new Explorer. At least the dealer got to see the awesome shape her cars in in case we trade it to them...

Over the years the ford cars I've owned and had problems and lots of problems Capri, SVT focus, parents had

two Taurus, sister had a Taurus and nothing but problems.I think the trucks are a different build quality.

I had a 1995 ford bronco without any problems in 130,000 miles. Hopefully the Edge will be trouble free.

My family is not a gas and go type, all the service requirements were done

Wonder why you keep getting Ford then?

You never know how long a car will last. But here's my thought after 46,000 miles on my 2010 Edge Sport.

I think the transmission will be the first major system to crap out on my Edge. I can't give a time or mileage, but if it goes 150K I'd be surprised.

46,000 miles in 1.5 years make my transmission a 4.5 year item. That sure seems soon doesn't it? Let's hope not, but it is already doing funky things. (see Transmission forum/thread) Mine does the big "Bump" act now and then too.

• 5 months later...