Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

Yep! I got my Edge!

It seemed to take forever to close the deal. Now It's pouring down rain so no open roof driver me.

It's all cool !

iPhone is connected and streaming via Bluetooth.

Changed the mood lighting and now I need to spend much more time tweaking everything. FUN!

I really like the HID lights.

I see what people mean about the cargo cover. It a joke.

I'm taking it back in Tuesday to have them swap out the grille with one w/o screw holes

YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you finally got it! Here's hoping today you have sunny skies and can open up the BAMR! :hyper:

I took delivery of my 2011 Edge yesterday, 9/22. I placed the order back on 7/20, so about 8 weeks, just as the dealer promised.

Bourdeax Red, Limited, AWD, Sienna leather interior - I really like this color combination.

Its no sports car, but it does drive very well for a vehicle of this size. I have a lot to learn on the NAV, Synch, and myFordTouch. So far, I really like the vehicle.

That's the same combo I got! Love it! :shades:

I'd prefer it without the wood too! Just wasn't an option. So if it has to have wood I think this isn't so bad.

Here are some better pictures with the BAMR open and some natural light.

post-10534-076426200 1284674265_thumb.jpgpost-10534-009553200 1284674273_thumb.jpg

And I threw in a shot of the adaptive cruise control too.

post-10534-063338000 1284674281_thumb.jpg

Luv - got to say - for wood in a car - this is really pretty nice looking. I was expecting to be more a "doesn't bug me too much" thing, but I can say that it honestly looks pretty nice. Thanks for providing pic's before mine got here.

Luv - got to say - for wood in a car - this is really pretty nice looking. I was expecting to be more a "doesn't bug me too much" thing, but I can say that it honestly looks pretty nice. Thanks for providing pic's before mine got here.

The dealer gave me a F150 truck to drive while they change my grille. The wood in it looks very cheap and shiny. I like my Edge's matte finished wood.

choff

what do you think of the "wood" now that you've seen it in person?

Picked up my 2011 Edge Limited this past Wednesday. Tuxedo Black with Sienna interior, absolutely love it other than that crappy cargo cover which I promptly removed. Still learning all the ins and outs, but this is the most fun I have had with a vehicle in many years!

Good for you! Glad you got your Edge. I also removed the cargo cover first thing but later realized that it is not so bad.

Black with sienna seats must look awesome.

I happened to catch his opinions on the car maters. It did make me laugh too. I saw that the USA today article also noted his last words, "a BOTTLE of milk". I remember when I was about 10, I saw a milk man deliver a BOTTLE of milk to my house by accident. Now that he has put down smarter cars, internet connections, gps, streaming music, emailing, texting, and phones, in one single segment; I don't think he will have anything else to talk about.

We recieved our gold leaf metallic MKX on 9/8. Love it - drives like a dream - comfortable, powerful and technolicious. I just wish I could get the key fobs to recognize driver 1 and driver 2 positions - I even read the manual.

post-11357-035387000 1286289391_thumb.jpg

looks beautiful, best of luck with it. Did you try programming the memory positions while the car was running or in accessory but not running position?

Hey everyone. finally picked up our 2011 blue edge limited AWD. We love it. the thing is awesome. i finally got my wife out of it a few minutes ago. everything is working great. you dont even feel it shift gears. the cargo cover is definatly a joke but will do the job when she goes shoping. the reverse cam is awesome. will take a few days to figure out all the short cuts but its definately learnable just by navigating around. have fun everyone.

Hey everyone. finally picked up our 2011 blue edge limited AWD. We love it. the thing is awesome. i finally got my wife out of it a few minutes ago. everything is working great. you dont even feel it shift gears. the cargo cover is definatly a joke but will do the job when she goes shoping. the reverse cam is awesome. will take a few days to figure out all the short cuts but its definately learnable just by navigating around. have fun everyone.

Thanks for the update.

The first week I had mine, I spent most of my time in the driveway playing with the tech.

You'll love it

Hi all... we picked up our Kona Blue 2011 MKX on Sep 29. Have only put a little over 100 miles on it and love it. No fit/finish issues, everything works great. We haven't figured out a couple features yet, but we expected a huge learning curve.

post-11034-050067800 1286372180_thumb.jpg

Edited by mustang92

Hi all... we picked up our Kona Blue 2011 MKX on Sep 29. Have only put a little over 100 miles on it and love it. No fit/finish issues, everything works great. We haven't figured out a couple features yet, but we expected a huge learning curve.

Looks beautiful, best of luck with it. Your dealership did the right thing by you having it inside and with a bow. NICE!

Looks beautiful, best of luck with it. Your dealership did the right thing by you having it inside and with a bow. NICE!

My dealer had mine inside too - even let me pull it out. Only had 13 miles on it so I know that they didn't even take out test driving much. It was the first one they had gotten so I was a little surprised about that, but was really glad too.

I think I might have finally found the sweet spot for my chair. It is amazing how many different ways you can adjust it. My old car was from or back and recline.

My dealer had mine inside too - even let me pull it out. Only had 13 miles on it so I know that they didn't even take out test driving much. It was the first one they had gotten so I was a little surprised about that, but was really glad too.

I think I might have finally found the sweet spot for my chair. It is amazing how many different ways you can adjust it. My old car was from or back and recline.

I took delivery of my car in a thunderstorm. I had to inspect it in the rain while the salesman sat inside. Needless to say, I didn't get a bow either!

I made sure to note that on my Ford Survey

My MKX arrived yesterday after 12 weeks of waiting. Unfortunately I'll be away from home until Saturday so I have to remain patient. I'll be interested in seeing what the "Earth Metallic" colour actually looks like (not to mention what the rest of the vehicle looks like since I never had the opportunity to actually be inside one...).

My wife got a look at the car though - she was pretty impressed with what little of the technology the salesman showed her. Not so impressed with the colour I'm afraid. But Limited models only have a choice of 4 colours (white, black, silver and brown). I refuse to add to world's overpopulation of silver vehicles and white is not for me. Black is nice but I'm not the type to clean it everyday. So that leaves the brown. Wish it had been available in Kona blue though.

BTW, why does the US Lincoln site call that colour "Earth Pearl"? Isn't there a fundamental difference between metallic and pearl?