Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

I'm on the EDGE of my seat waiting for this delivery.

Here's a link to a google map that I'm trying to pass my time with. I've drawn the Rail Route in a dim blue. I'll un-dim the route as I get reports from cyberdman My Dealership :-(.

Rail ride ends in Kansas City and then my new ride hops on a convoy to Topeka dealer

Link to My Google Delivery Map

Edited by wilsons66604

I'm in Wichita, KS, and I looked online (fordvehicles.com) for cars being delivered to dealerships around here (I didn't pre-order one). I found one of only 2 black Edge Limiteds in the Midwest about an hour away from me, so I went and bought it last weekend. It has the dark brown Sienna interior, and it looks great (especially with the wood trim).

Ā 

A friend of mine recently bought a 2011 BMW X5 and the interiors of our 2 vehicles look remarkably similar -- except that I have a superior electronics/display, a huge panoramic vista roof and possibly better Sony sound. Just this evening I was listening to Pandora (music over the internet from my phone -- connected via bluetooth).

I ordered my Silver MKX back on August 14th, I am waiting to hear back from the dealer in Edmonton, Alberta. Just wondering if anyone has received their MKX in that region.

I was going to order mine from Waterloo in Edmonton, but decided to order from a dealer a little closer to Lloydminster, Alberta. I ordered mine July 23, and have my VIN, but nothing showing in the system yet. Dealer is telling me that it is supposed to be built the week of 9/27. We will see! Dealers in Edmonton are apparently getting some stock orders in but I haven't heard of any customer orders arriving yet.

Well you are an "interior designer" that I would never hire. Not that I would hire one.

You're saying you can't tell the difference between a Veneer and real wood? Sheesh!

Ā 

You obviously don't know wood. Veneer is real wood. It's just a thin layer on top of cheaper, more stable wood or other material. Veneer is usually stronger than a solid piece of wood and less likely to warp.

Ā 

You're talking about real wood versus fake wood. The real wood in most vehicles requires SO much varnish to protect it that it sometimes ends up looking more fake than the fake wood. With todays technology and the high varnish requirement it's easy to mistake real wood for fake and vice versa.

My salesfriend called today around 9am. As of 7:30 this morning, the train with my new Edge was about 15 miles from its destination. The truck transport company said they have over 20 railcars to unload, so it will probably be late tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday before my car gets to the dealer. So it looks like I'll be able to take delivery on Monday or Tuesday.

My salesfriend called today around 9am. As of 7:30 this morning, the train with my new Edge was about 15 miles from its destination. The truck transport company said they have over 20 railcars to unload, so it will probably be late tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday before my car gets to the dealer. So it looks like I'll be able to take delivery on Monday or Tuesday.

Ā 

Ā 

Woo Hoo Rev! Congrats.

Ā 

Great news! hope you get it soon.

My dealer told me (after I asked) that mine is in Roanoke, IN. about 500 miles away from KC. So far, the train has been averaging 4mph. That puts it in the dealership in about a week.

I would like them to stop using wood of any real or fakeness - that was really the one down fall of the Edge - but it was across all lines. I like it typically makes a car look dated and old.

Ā 

I agree with you. It's a strange American-centric taste that prefers plastic wood, and wood veneer over modern materials. I know there's a lot of Asia manufactured vehicles that have attractive modern interiors for sale in the rest of the world while North America gets this stuff. Fake wood has become so prevalent that even vehicles with real wood (e.g. Lincoln) are unappealing to me. That was the main reason I went with the Limited package in the MKX I've ordered - it comes with "unique aluminium appliques". But I've only had a chance to look at that stuff through a window and it didn't really look all that great either. Oh well....

I agree with you. It's a strange American-centric taste that prefers plastic wood, and wood veneer over modern materials. I know there's a lot of Asia manufactured vehicles that have attractive modern interiors for sale in the rest of the world while North America gets this stuff. Fake wood has become so prevalent that even vehicles with real wood (e.g. Lincoln) are unappealing to me. That was the main reason I went with the Limited package in the MKX I've ordered - it comes with "unique aluminium appliques". But I've only had a chance to look at that stuff through a window and it didn't really look all that great either. Oh well....

It's too bad that fake carbon fiber wasn't an option

It's too bad that fake carbon fiber wasn't an option

Ā 

Ā 

I preferred the dash of the sport - the materials used on it. It really came down to the big tires of the sport or the wood of the limited. The wood didn't cost me more money in winter tires and the sport would have. If that is the only negative - great. And it isn't terrible just not my taste.

I preferred the dash of the sport - the materials used on it. It really came down to the big tires of the sport or the wood of the limited. The wood didn't cost me more money in winter tires and the sport would have. If that is the only negative - great. And it isn't terrible just not my taste.

Ā 

I'd prefer it without the wood too! Just wasn't an option. So if it has to have wood I think this isn't so bad.

Ā 

Here are some better pictures with the BAMR open and some natural light.

Ā 

post-10534-076426200 1284674265_thumb.jpgpost-10534-009553200 1284674273_thumb.jpg

Ā 

And I threw in a shot of the adaptive cruise control too.

Ā 

post-10534-063338000 1284674281_thumb.jpg

I'd prefer it without the wood too! Just wasn't an option. So if it has to have wood I think this isn't so bad.

Ā 

Here are some better pictures with the BAMR open and some natural light.

Ā 

post-10534-076426200 1284674265_thumb.jpgpost-10534-009553200 1284674273_thumb.jpg

Ā 

And I threw in a shot of the adaptive cruise control too.

Ā 

post-10534-063338000 1284674281_thumb.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks - it isn't too bad - I actually think the vertical of it is nice. Hadn't thought of that aspect of it, but it is cool. Hopefully only two more weeks. I think I can hold on to my sanity that long.

I was going to order mine from Waterloo in Edmonton, but decided to order from a dealer a little closer to Lloydminster, Alberta. I ordered mine July 23, and have my VIN, but nothing showing in the system yet. Dealer is telling me that it is supposed to be built the week of 9/27. We will see! Dealers in Edmonton are apparently getting some stock orders in but I haven't heard of any customer orders arriving yet.

Ā 

I have my VIN #. Which system are you looking at to find out the status?

I have my VIN #. Which system are you looking at to find out the status?

Add your vin to the end of this URL

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

Ā 

If you are a member of the blue oval forum, you might be able to get a status from there. They have recently cracked down on status request though.

Ā 

Looks like next week will be fun for us revOevoM!

Have you got your Kona Grill yet?

Ā 

With Luvford's help, I am now able to call the railroad and get my own updates.

My Ride will pull into KC at 3:07am Saturday!

Updated map of MyRide's trip

Slowy were all going to disappear from this board...just been tweeted that mine has been shipped yesterday (only an hour away from Oakville)...so I am expecting a call from my dealer..unkowing to them that I know this!!....

Ā 

This thread will pave the way for future anxious edge owners!!

Ā 

Will post pictures and opinions when I get it!!..

Ā 

Was fun following everyone's thoughts!!

FINALLY............IT HAS ARRIVED!!! :yahoo:

Ā 

My local Ford dealer called me at 9:15am this morning to say that a car hauler with my 2011 Ford Edge Sport in Black had just arrived! :burnout:

Ā 

His timing was perfect and I was there by 9:30am to take photo's, meet the driver of the transport truck, etc........great guy, great stories. :party:

Ā 

I went over it with a fine tooth comb with one of the employees of the dealership and so far I am very impressed as it seems to be perfect. :woohoo:

Ā 

Photo's will follow soon! :camera:

Ā 

Livio :speedie:

FINALLY............IT HAS ARRIVED!!! :yahoo:

Ā 

My local Ford dealer called me at 9:15am this morning to say that a car hauler with my 2011 Ford Edge Sport in Black had just arrived! :burnout:

Ā 

His timing was perfect and I was there by 9:30am to take photo's, meet the driver of the transport truck, etc........great guy, great stories. :party:

Ā 

I went over it with a fine tooth comb with one of the employees of the dealership and so far I am very impressed as it seems to be perfect. :woohoo:

Ā 

Photo's will follow soon! :camera:

Ā 

Livio :speedie:

GREAT!

Drive safe

Looking forward your pics & thoughts

Slowy were all going to disappear from this board...just been tweeted that mine has been shipped yesterday (only an hour away from Oakville)...so I am expecting a call from my dealer..unkowing to them that I know this!!....

Ā 

This thread will pave the way for future anxious edge owners!!

Ā 

Will post pictures and opinions when I get it!!..

Ā 

Was fun following everyone's thoughts!!

We're dropping like flies.

or...

We're all leaving the nest

I have probably two more weeks before mine gets here... so PLEASE keep posting pic's and giving feed back. I will be lost without you all while waiting. And I need at least one YAHOO when mine gets here from someone.

Ā 

Here's a YAHOO for you!! :happy feet:

Ā 

Dealer just called..Lucky they did cause I was giving them just another hour before I started to stalk :redcard:

Ā 

Edge will be ready for pickup for Monday..they have service the vehicle with the dealer installed options I had..Rust proffing..tri-care..ect...

Ā 

Will post Monday night!! :shift:

Looks like next week will be fun for us revOevoM!

Have you got your Kona Grill yet?

Ā 

The grille inserts were painted last week. Should be plenty dry by now. (I haven't seen 'em, though)

Although my car made it to the depot, it's got a lot in front of it and a ways to go to the dealer. It won't get there till sometime Sunday.

And because they have a bit of prep (remove and install grilles and check the alignment), it won't be until mid-late Monday that I could get it.

So I've scheduled to go Tuesday and not have to rush through things... inspection, test drive, more inspection, paperwork, maybe one more test drive.

Hope to have some pics soon after that.