Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

I took delivery of my car in a thunderstorm. I had to inspect it in the rain while the salesman sat inside. Needless to say, I didn't get a bow either!

I made sure to note that on my Ford Survey

That's a big bummer.

Mine was in the showroom. It didn't have a bow on it but I was happy it was inside. We were able to go over all the features and look it over under the lights.

I felt like I was in Europe at the BWM dealer. I was lucky enough to be in Germany when my friend took delivery of her X3. I was very impressed with the BMW delivery process.

Having my Edge in the showroom made the process all the more special! I got to drive it out too! :shades:

• 3 weeks later...

just got my new 2011 lincoln mkx yesterday. had some issues with the navigation card not reading...iphone not hooking up...and some issues with the buttons on the steering wheel not working 100%. It is pretty though! Got white with tan interior with dark piping. I'm not used to it quite yet...and am a little scared about changing lanes with the headrests being so high. We'll see! :)

just got my new 2011 lincoln mkx yesterday. had some issues with the navigation card not reading...iphone not hooking up...and some issues with the buttons on the steering wheel not working 100%. It is pretty though! Got white with tan interior with dark piping. I'm not used to it quite yet...and am a little scared about changing lanes with the headrests being so high. We'll see! :)

Welcome to our world!! There are still a few bugs and the iPhone is at the top of that bug list. Let's hope that the next iPhone update AND sync update will help us all to get along!

The head rests are BIG. I have BLIS but I have also learned how to adjust my mirrors. It's so much more comforting when you know you are not missing anything.

Check out the the instructions on the Car Talk website.

http://www.cartalk.c...atures/mirrors/

This really changed the way that I look at the world.

They lead off by saying,

For years, we'd been setting our side-view mirrors so that they gave us a view of the back corner of our cars. This is the way it's been done for generations - from grandfather, to father, to us! But we finally discovered something very interesting. The back corner of the car never moves. It always stays in the same exact place. So there's really no reason to keep an eye on it.

By moving the side mirrors farther out, you can line up all three of your mirrors so they have minimal overlap -- and you can see everything behind you and beside you.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/CarTalkMirrors.pdf

Edited by wilsons66604

Hi! I ordered a platinum white edge sport fwd fully loaded on september 20. Received the vin a week later, order was submitted to the factory on october 5, and has a build date of October 13. The customer service folks on twitter told me as of last wednesday (october 20) it is "in transit" and told me the same today. They say no ETA is available yet. But my dealer tells me it's still sitting at the "sport vendor". I'm a little concerned about this discrepancy. I'm not sure of who to believe, but i hope it hasn't been sitting at the vendor for over a week!

Hi! I ordered a platinum white edge sport fwd fully loaded on september 20. Received the vin a week later, order was submitted to the factory on october 5, and has a build date of October 13. The customer service folks on twitter told me as of last wednesday (october 20) it is "in transit" and told me the same today. They say no ETA is available yet. But my dealer tells me it's still sitting at the "sport vendor". I'm a little concerned about this discrepancy. I'm not sure of who to believe, but i hope it hasn't been sitting at the vendor for over a week!

believe the twitter folks.

believe the twitter folks.

The twitter folks were very helpful early on but as I was trying to track the exact location of mine, they kinda pulled back and just told me "in transit"

Then one day, one of them (got tired of hearing from me i guess) emailed a spreadsheet of the complete log of the rail transit. That day I was sitting at the dealership and watching them unload my car. I called my salesman and told him that my car was here.

The twitter folks were very helpful early on but as I was trying to track the exact location of mine, they kinda pulled back and just told me "in transit"

Then one day, one of them (got tired of hearing from me i guess) emailed a spreadsheet of the complete log of the rail transit. That day I was sitting at the dealership and watching them unload my car. I called my salesman and told him that my car was here.

So basically you're saying the customer service people at twitter know (or are willing to tell you a little more) than my salesman? My salesman is the sales manager of my dealer, so it seems funny to me. He showed me his "daily printout," though, and it does indeed say the car is sitting at the vendor. He says he emailed someone at ford who confirmed it is sitting at the vendor, but he doesn't know why. The twitter people still say "in transit."

I tried to get a rail car number from them as well, as my father works at a rail plant and would be able to track the car for me. They told me they "don't have access to that information." Hmph...

So basically you're saying the customer service people at twitter know (or are willing to tell you a little more) than my salesman? My salesman is the sales manager of my dealer, so it seems funny to me. He showed me his "daily printout," though, and it does indeed say the car is sitting at the vendor. He says he emailed someone at ford who confirmed it is sitting at the vendor, but he doesn't know why. The twitter people still say "in transit."

I tried to get a rail car number from them as well, as my father works at a rail plant and would be able to track the car for me. They told me they "don't have access to that information." Hmph...

Your salesman may be printing out the report daily but from what I hear, the database is updated once a week on thursday night.

The BlueOval Forum may be able to help you. Simply submit a new topic with your VIN

http://www.blueovalf...ford-employees/

Cyberdman was the guy that gave me the railcar #

He is a Ford employee doing this on the side

Here are his guidelines:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41207-attention-for-updates-please-read-me/

Edited by wilsons66604

Your salesman may be printing out the report daily but from what I hear, the database is updated once a week on thursday night.

The BlueOval Forum may be able to help you. Simply submit a new topic with your VIN

http://www.blueovalf...ford-employees/

Cyberdman was the guy that gave me the railcar #

He is a Ford employee doing this on the side

Here are his guidelines:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41207-attention-for-updates-please-read-me/

This'll be great. Guess I'll have to go make 10 random posts first though...

Wow, ok...just got a shocking update from Cyberdman this morning reg my Edge:

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX159969 (Canadian National Railways ) Ramp 60, Oakville Asy, ON Oct-27-2010, 02:00 ET.

ETA TBD.

I gather then that the car is already produced and the "ETA TBD" means they don't have a departure date for the rail car yet as it's prob not full. Based on the status of my car, what would you say would be a close delivery date of it since it's only coming right next door to Montreal?

I'm kind of excited but in the same time not really :(

I was assured that it would not come in this early, funny thing my dealer called me yesterday evening to update me on the status of my order and they said it was going into production this week and I should see the car in 3 - 5 weeks from now, basically end of November or early December, just when I needed it but the actual status of my truck now has me worried a little.

Don't get me wrong, I am dying to take ownership of it however I'm still missing a few thousand for my cash down (other half is from a bank loan) and I'm only supposed to have that money in December and dealer was fully aware of this prior to me ordering, this has got me a little worried now as I would have to find another way to pull up that cash as I don't want the car on their lot for a month…car you say plenty of test drives.

Wow, ok...just got a shocking update from Cyberdman this morning reg my Edge:

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX159969 (Canadian National Railways ) Ramp 60, Oakville Asy, ON Oct-27-2010, 02:00 ET.

ETA TBD.

I gather then that the car is already produced and the "ETA TBD" means they don't have a departure date for the rail car yet as it's prob not full. Based on the status of my car, what would you say would be a close delivery date of it since it's only coming right next door to Montreal?

I'm kind of excited but in the same time not really :(

I was assured that it would not come in this early, funny thing my dealer called me yesterday evening to update me on the status of my order and they said it was going into production this week and I should see the car in 3 - 5 weeks from now, basically end of November or early December, just when I needed it but the actual status of my truck now has me worried a little.

Don't get me wrong, I am dying to take ownership of it however I'm still missing a few thousand for my cash down (other half is from a bank loan) and I'm only supposed to have that money in December and dealer was fully aware of this prior to me ordering, this has got me a little worried now as I would have to find another way to pull up that cash as I don't want the car on their lot for a month…car you say plenty of test drives.

That's cool!

I don't think I ever had a ETA on mine.

The transport of mine took about a week to get to KS. Once the railcar gets to destination, your car gets loaded on a transport and waits for a full load before it heads to the dealer.

I was able to call the rail company and get a status with a voice activated system. You might try googling and see if you can find the phone number for your rail company.

Got an update from Cyberdman this morning.

Awaiting Shipment - Released Ford Oakville Assembly, ON on Oct-26-2010. ETA TBD

This is disappointing...it was built two weeks ago to the day and hasn't shipped yet. I wonder why the twitter guy told me it was "in transit"

Hopefully since it was released yesterday it'll ship soon.

Got an update from Cyberdman this morning.

Awaiting Shipment - Released Ford Oakville Assembly, ON on Oct-26-2010. ETA TBD

This is disappointing...it was built two weeks ago to the day and hasn't shipped yet. I wonder why the twitter guy told me it was "in transit"

Hopefully since it was released yesterday it'll ship soon.

Twitter and cyberdman are looking at different status databases I think. "Released" may also be classified as in transit

Thanks! We are excited. The car actually was delivered a week ahead of schedule. The dealer "found' some more discount/rebate money because he wanted to get the sale before the end of the month.

Tomorrow starts the detailing. Time to go review the Ask A Detailer topic again!

Wow, a week ahead of schedule is always a pleasant surprise! :)

Let me know if you have any questions about detailing.

Picked up a Limited AWD in White on Saturday. Car was ordered on Sept 9th and got to the dealer on Oct 22nd. So far, no undocumented features http://www.fordedgeforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/yup.gif

Came out of a Mazde CX-9. Seats in the CX-9 fit me better and the handling was sportier. Also, key card could be programmed to lock as you walk away, which I liked. Wish Ford had a Pre-lock feature like GM (hit the door lock button once, doors lock 2 sec. after last door is closed. Hit it twice and doors lock immediately). Just hate to have to wait for all passengers to open their doors.

I have a few questions:

1.-The back-up camera picture does not seem "in focus". Its that normal?

2.- I have a delay from when the touch screen comes up to when it accepts inputs. I have not timed the delay, but tried to hit the seat heat button various times before the input was accepted.

Picked up a Limited AWD in White on Saturday. Car was ordered on Sept 9th and got to the dealer on Oct 22nd. So far, no undocumented features http://www.fordedgeforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/yup.gif

Came out of a Mazde CX-9. Seats in the CX-9 fit me better and the handling was sportier. Also, key card could be programmed to lock as you walk away, which I liked. Wish Ford had a Pre-lock feature like GM (hit the door lock button once, doors lock 2 sec. after last door is closed. Hit it twice and doors lock immediately). Just hate to have to wait for all passengers to open their doors.

I have a few questions:

2.- I have a delay from when the touch screen comes up to when it accepts inputs. I have not timed the delay, but tried to hit the seat heat button various times before the input was accepted.

The delay on the touch screen happens more when the screen is cold. Once it warms up you will find the response is better

Picked up a Limited AWD in White on Saturday. Car was ordered on Sept 9th and got to the dealer on Oct 22nd. So far, no undocumented features http://www.fordedgef...default/yup.gif

I have a few questions:

I noticed that my backup camera's picture quality varies. In the daylight, I've noticed that the picture quality starts out poor and then gets much better as the camera adjust to light levels.

Edited by wilsons66604