Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

Haunting?? I'm not dead yet!!

I first heard about MyFord Touch early this year. I had to have it. To my luck, it was first available on the new Edge. Win Win.

I too have talked to new 2010 Edge owners. If they only knew.

I currently drive an 2004 Volvo XC90. I was so excited to get it too and thought it would last at least 150K miles. Ha!

Good thing we had an extended warranty. Now at 120K my husband won't even let me take it out of town...he is afraid

I'll have road trouble. :stop:

I have not bought an American car since my 1976 Ford Mustang was re-called 3 times for engine block replacement. But we liked

the fact that Ford did not take any government money AND all the new technology on the Edge. We are ready to give Ford another try. :yup:

I currently drive an 2004 Volvo XC90. I was so excited to get it too and thought it would last at least 150K miles. Ha!

Good thing we had an extended warranty. Now at 120K my husband won't even let me take it out of town...he is afraid

I have not bought an American car since my 1976 Ford Mustang was re-called 3 times for engine block replacement. But we liked

the fact that Ford did not take any government money AND all the new technology on the Edge. We are ready to give Ford another try. :yup:

Sounds like you are coming from the same school of thought as I. I think Ford has got it right now

Similiar story as myself. The last domestic vehicle I owned was a POS 1986 Mustang. I've been an import guy ever since, but have been very impressed with the new Edge and will also give for another shot. :)

Picked up my LTD AWD last night.

Collision Warning System nearly saved my life this morning. It caught the problem before I even realized what was happening...pretty incredible.

probably should have had it longer before testing that out, but sounds like it worked like a champ. Glad you and the car were ok.

Not being a patient customer, I begged the Twitter team for an update. The first reply was a canned message...nothing new. I then got a reply from another support person. He ended up sending me a XL file of every stop on the transit!

Long story short...

My car is on a transport and left KC yesterday morning! :happy feet:

Edited by wilsons66604

Just got home with the new BluEdge

I finally got to vote in the delivery poll :shades:

Only problem was the SD card for the Nav was bad... now I'm driving blind :rant: until they send a new

Yahoo... :hyper: Congrats..The grill looks great!

I got mine on Monday, but I'm having problems posting a picture...can't figure out why. :stats: :sos:

No real problems to report yet, maybe the glove box could of been a little bigger..the manual barely fits in it. What a great ride! As luvford always says "Worth the wait"

Yahoo... :hyper: Congrats..The grill looks great!

I got mine on Monday, but I'm having problems posting a picture...can't figure out why. :stats: :sos:

No real problems to report yet, maybe the glove box could of been a little bigger..the manual barely fits in it. What a great ride! As luvford always says "Worth the wait"

Try using the "Choose File" button then hit "Attach This File" button just below the text box

Finally Got the call today. The MKX is on its way off the truck's ramp. Should have it by Friday, after all the prep work is done. Putting some 3M Film on it. Had a good experience on previous vehicles.

Will post pictures.

[/http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7179024&l=66310da8f1&id=523650478

Edited by Dualforce

Only problem was the SD card for the Nav was bad... now I'm driving blind :rant: until they send a new

About that "bad SD card"... may not be a bad card, but an internal software error.

Before Ford will take the card back & send a replacement, we have to try an update first. So I gotta take BluEdge in Saturday & hook her up to the 'puter and see what happens...

About that "bad SD card"... may not be a bad card, but an internal software error.

Before Ford will take the card back & send a replacement, we have to try an update first. So I gotta take BluEdge in Saturday & hook her up to the 'puter and see what happens...

I guess this isn't do it yourself upgrade with USB then.

Keep us posted.

So I was driving to Buffalo New York yesterday from Cleveland and kept seeing Car carriers with a few new edges on them, I know that mine would be on an Allied Systems truck so I kept trying to see if I saw any Kona Blue Edges as their trucks went by. I saw one with an Edge that looked like the one I ordered at about 9am headed west right as we got to Buffalo and said to my co-worker wouldn’t it be funny if that truck was headed to my dealer. Well at about noon I got a call from my dealer that the truck had just pulled in with my Edge. I don’t know for sure if I did actually see mine but the timing worked out perfect so I like to think now that the one I thought could be mine actually was. Any how my dealer said that he had told the guys in the shop that it was there top priority to have it ready for me to pick up no later than 6pm. Just in case anyone is wondering about a timeline,

June 16th: order placed with dealer priority of 10

August 5th: VIN assigned

August 16th: Assigned to week of August 30th

August 18th: Assigned to week of September 6th

August 20th: Status updated to "Order Processing" scheduled to September 9th

August 31st: Scheduled to Ramp 60 for September 13th

September 11th: Complete sitting at ramp 60 "awaiting shipment"

September 13th: Origin Received awaiting shipment

September 14th: Released to Allied Systems awaiting shipment

September 15th: "In Transit" as of 7:12am

September 22nd: 12:00pm Arrived at dealer

September 22nd: 6:00pm "Sign on the dotted line" and accept vehicle.

Just in case anyone is trying to get some sort of comparison to the time that they have already waited or what to plan for, this will at least give you some sort of idea of what I waited.

Initial impressions:

Overall appearance of the car: Love it! In my opinion the new grill looks way better than the old one and really stands out against the dark car color. I opted for the black leather interior which is really well put together and very comfortable.

Driver Entry package: Awesome! I love that I can walk up to the door with the key fob in my pocket and touch the handle and the doors all unlock. Push button start is also pretty nice and I think with come in handy this winter when I have my key in my pocket and don’t want to try and fiddle with them.

Cargo Area: One thing I would have liked to see is a little compartment build into the side of the cargo space for jumper cables and such so that they don’t have to be just laying on the floor. But I did notice that if you lift the piece that covers the area where the spare is you do have a little room on either side of the spare that you could potentially put some things like jumper cables, but space is limited.

All Weather floor mats: These are worth the $75.00 for sure. They are custom molded for the car, the driver side ones clip to the floor with 2 buttons to make sure they don’t slide around and the rear one is one continuous piece to cover the whole back seat floor. And of course they say Edge on them in the tread.

The car handles great and so far is getting great gas mileage. I reset the MPGs as I left the dealer and was getting around 31MPGs when I got off the highway by my house. This is way better than I was expecting but we will see what it averages out to be.

Adaptive cruise control: I love this, it works way better than I thought it would and it actually seems like it applies the breaks if someone merges in front of you and is to close. One thing that I did notice though is be careful if you are on a ramp merging onto another highway as this morning on my way to work it didn’t register that they was a car closer that the distance I had set due to the curve of the ramp and it started to try and speed up for a second until it sensed the other car again. The BLIS system that I think is packaged with the adaptive cruise is also great. I noticed as I was driving down the highway that when I would pass someone or if someone passed me the little light in the mirrors comes on the entire time that they are to close for you to merge regardless of whether you turn your signal on or not. Speaking of signals I like the "merging signal" which when you don’t click the signal all the way in the direction you are turning it will activate for 4 blinks then shut off on its own.

Now on to what most people care about, My Ford: So far so good, I haven’t really explored everything that it can do yet but so far it works great. The touch is pretty sensitive and is easy to navigate. The steering wheel controls are pretty easy to use and get to exactly what you want to do which is awesome. I like that in Nav mode you can pull up the forecast and weather maps for the area you are driving in too. One thing I don’t like and I may just have not figured out the shortcut yet but when you are in nav mode there is no easy way to get to the traffic screen to see if there is traffic any ware. Now I also may have just not been driving in enough traffic for it to alert me on its own. I haven’t played with the phone features to much yet but it did download my phone book in seconds. I don’t have and voice calling saved in my phone so as of right now I am not able to use the call _______ feature but the dial by number works great, you don’t even have to speak unbelievable slow like some other systems. Entertainment I haven’t really played with a whole lot yet but I did try and put my Cameras SD card in and I couldn’t figure out how to get the pictures. Climate control I didn’t really play with the touch screen too much. So far I have used the steering wheel buttons the most for the climate control or I found myself just hitting the buttons that are around the sound control.

So what is everyone else experiencing with their new Edge? Anyone having any problems with the My touch?

Jgilles

So did you pick it up today? :shift:

Can't wait to hear what you think!

Yep! I got my Edge!

It seemed to take forever to close the deal. Now It's pouring down rain so no open roof driver me.

It's all cool !

iPhone is connected and streaming via Bluetooth.

Changed the mood lighting and now I need to spend much more time tweaking everything. FUN!

I really like the HID lights.

I see what people mean about the cargo cover. It a joke.

I'm taking it back in Tuesday to have them swap out the grille with one w/o screw holes

I took delivery of my 2011 Edge yesterday, 9/22. I placed the order back on 7/20, so about 8 weeks, just as the dealer promised.

Bourdeax Red, Limited, AWD, Sienna leather interior - I really like this color combination.

Its no sports car, but it does drive very well for a vehicle of this size. I have a lot to learn on the NAV, Synch, and myFordTouch. So far, I really like the vehicle.

Nice write up Jgilles Thanks and best of luck with your new car Have you used the remote engine start yet??

Tom,

I did use the remote start yesterday since it was around 90 degrees when I was leaving my office. I started it about 5 minutes before I was leaving and when I got in it was nice and cool with the AC on full blast to cool down the car to my auto setting. I was stuck at a lot of red light on my way home so I decided to explore some of the functions on the screen left of the odometer and found all of the settings for remote start. You can change the interval that it stays on for, Heating or AC depending on inside temp of the car, heating the seats there is an on/off for each seat so you can choose which one if any you want heated. I forget what all else but I was very impressed with how many options you have and that you can literally set it to do exactly what you want.

One thing I have noticed with the auto locking/unlocking is I would like to see an auto lock setting for once the car is turned off in case you were to forget to lock it or leave the keys in the car. The only reason I noticed this is I went into somewhere for lunch forgot to hit lock and when I came out 20 minutes later the car was still unlocked. Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can set it to auto lock after a period of time with the car sitting?

Jgilles

Tom,

I did use the remote start yesterday since it was around 90 degrees when I was leaving my office. I started it about 5 minutes before I was leaving and when I got in it was nice and cool with the AC on full blast to cool down the car to my auto setting. I was stuck at a lot of red light on my way home so I decided to explore some of the functions on the screen left of the odometer and found all of the settings for remote start. You can change the interval that it stays on for, Heating or AC depending on inside temp of the car, heating the seats there is an on/off for each seat so you can choose which one if any you want heated. I forget what all else but I was very impressed with how many options you have and that you can literally set it to do exactly what you want.

One thing I have noticed with the auto locking/unlocking is I would like to see an auto lock setting for once the car is turned off in case you were to forget to lock it or leave the keys in the car. The only reason I noticed this is I went into somewhere for lunch forgot to hit lock and when I came out 20 minutes later the car was still unlocked. Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can set it to auto lock after a period of time with the car sitting?

Jgilles

Thanks for the remote start update. As far as the lock feature are you sure the doors didn't unlock once you walked near the car? May lock as you walk away and automatically unlock once you become within range

Thanks for the remote start update. As far as the lock feature are you sure the doors didn't unlock once you walked near the car? May lock as you walk away and automatically unlock once you become within range

No the way the auto unlcok works it unlocks when you grab the door handle. This way it only unlocks when you are actually trying to get into the car and not just walking by.