Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

Hello, I am fairly new to this Forum however I can see that their are quite a few helpful and knowledgeable people here.

I for one am fortunate to live just north of Toronto, Ontario so I am really not too far from the Ford Assembly Plant in Oakville and I too am waiting for delivery of a 2011 Ford Edge.

I took a ride out to the plant last Saturday and I could see many 2011 Ford Edge and 2011 Lincoln MKX sitting there ready to be shipped. Since many of us are waiting for our own delivery's I thought it would be neat to see who receives delivery of their 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX first. It's really interesting especially considering that their are people both in Canada and the USA waiting.

So, does a Canadian customer receive their 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX first considering that they are built here in Ontario or maybe does an American customer receive their's first? I for one was told my 2011 Ford Edge was built on August 3rd.

I have created a poll to see who receives theirs and when along with what they took delivery of.

Either way these are great looking vehicles and I think we are all fortunate to be buying them.

I personally can't wait for my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD!

Enjoy.

Livio

Edited by LIVIO

Hello, I am fairly new to this Forum however I can see that their are quite a few helpful and knowledgeable people here.

I for one am fortunate to live just north of Toronto, Ontario so I am really not too far from the Ford Assembly Plant in Oakville and I too am waiting for delivery of a 2011 Ford Edge.

I took a ride out to the plant last Saturday and I could see many 2011 Ford Edge and 2011 Lincoln MKX sitting there ready to be shipped. Since many of us are waiting for our own delivery's I thought it would be neat to see who receives delivery of their 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX first. It's really interesting especially considering that their are people both in Canada and the USA waiting.

So, does a Canadian customer receive their 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX first considering that they are built here in Ontario or maybe does an American customer receive their's first? I for one was told my 2011 Ford Edge was built on August 3rd.

I have created a poll to see who receives theirs and when along with what they took delivery of.

Either way these are great looking vehicles and I think we are all fortunate to be buying them.

I personally can't wait for my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD!

Enjoy.

Livio

A picture of the cars would have been nice :)

Edited by tpm419419

Tom, absolutely.

Everyone is encouraged to attach photo's of their new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX when they get them!

Livio

Livio,

I think Tom ment pictures of the Edges that you saw outside the plant in Oakville would be nice. Did you happen to get any pictures while you were there?

Jgilles

Livio,

I think Tom ment pictures of the Edges that you saw outside the plant in Oakville would be nice. Did you happen to get any pictures while you were there?

Jgilles

Jgilles, thanks for clarifying.

Sorry Tom, didn't realize that's what you were talking about.

No, I didn't bring a camera with me and although I did have my phone with me that can take photo's I unfortunately didn't take any.

I was so concerned that maybe I shouldn't really be there and that security might ask me to leave that I didn't think about it.

My goal that day was to simply see if I could find any 2011's sitting there and specifically see if I could find a black 2011 Ford Edge Sport.

As it turned out I found one fenced in area first that had about 60 to 80 2011 Ford Edge's and Lincoln MKX's. Although the gate to this area was open I didn't dare go in the area as I do respect rules and understand that it was an area that I'm sure they didn't want the public in. I don't know why it was left open and unmanned but it was.

Anyway, I was almost about to leave when I decided to search a little deeper which I am glad I did because that's when I found the motherload of 2011 Edge's and MKX's sitting there again behind a fenced in area just beside the plant. Well I finally found a Black Sport sitting just beside the fence line which is just beside the small two lane roadway.

I am planning on taking another trip out there this weekend just to see if they are all still sitting there or if it appears that some of have been shipped or not. I will bring my camera with me and hopefully I can take some photo's without anyone from Ford having a problem with it. I consider myself fortunate to simply be able to drive around the plant as I did that day and could probably do again without breaking any rules, etc. I will even try to ask permission if I can however they are all there in the open and I really don't think they would have a problem with it.

Livio

Jgilles, thanks for clarifying.

Sorry Tom, didn't realize that's what you were talking about.

No, I didn't bring a camera with me and although I did have my phone with me that can take photo's I unfortunately didn't take any.

I was so concerned that maybe I shouldn't really be there and that security might ask me to leave that I didn't think about it.

My goal that day was to simply see if I could find any 2011's sitting there and specifically see if I could find a black 2011 Ford Edge Sport.

As it turned out I found one fenced in area first that had about 60 to 80 2011 Ford Edge's and Lincoln MKX's. Although the gate to this area was open I didn't dare go in the area as I do respect rules and understand that it was an area that I'm sure they didn't want the public in. I don't know why it was left open and unmanned but it was.

Anyway, I was almost about to leave when I decided to search a little deeper which I am glad I did because that's when I found the motherload of 2011 Edge's and MKX's sitting there again behind a fenced in area just beside the plant. Well I finally found a Black Sport sitting just beside the fence line which is just beside the small two lane roadway.

I am planning on taking another trip out there this weekend just to see if they are all still sitting there or if it appears that some of have been shipped or not. I will bring my camera with me and hopefully I can take some photo's without anyone from Ford having a problem with it. I consider myself fortunate to simply be able to drive around the plant as I did that day and could probably do again without breaking any rules, etc. I will even try to ask permission if I can however they are all there in the open and I really don't think they would have a problem with it.

Livio

That would be great if you could get some "SPY SHOTS" of the motherload

It's been two weeks now since I called my dealer last to get an update on my 2011 Edge.

When I called on August 4th I was told it was built on August 3rd and it was at the plant.

Well, were getting closer as today I found out that it's now is in the hands of the trucking company who will be making the final delivery.

Apparently it's being held in a designated area so when Ford says "go" the trucking company releases all Ford Edge's and MKX's that are to be delivered in the area so all the dealers receive them at the same time.

So...I'm still waiting but for how long is the question.

Livio :shift:

Well, the first 2011 Lincoln MKX (Ingot Silver) has landed at my local dealer and their is a another one (White Platinum) coming as well as a 2011 Ford Edge Sport (Kona Blue).

When I first spotted it someone was test driving it.

Enjoy the pics.

Livio

post-9537-029486700 1282269685_thumb.jpg

post-9537-067533800 1282269710_thumb.jpg

post-9537-015110400 1282269742_thumb.jpg

Edited by LIVIO

UPDATE - The 2011 Ford Edge Sport in Kona Blue is coming off the truck as we speak!

Geez, I have the dealership trained well.......they call me when the delivery truck is still there now! LOL.......

Edited by LIVIO

UPDATE - The 2011 Ford Edge Sport in Kona Blue is coming off the truck as we speak!

Geez, I have the dealership trained well.......they call me when the delivery truck is still there now! LOL.......

Please take some pictures if you can. I want to see what the sport looks like in other colors.

Please take some pictures if you can. I want to see what the sport looks like in other colors.

blitz118, here you go!

This 2011 Ford Edge Sport in Kona Blue was a little dusty and I only had my phone camera with me so their not the best photo's but the Kona Blue is darker then I thought.

I'm sure if it was clean, polished, waxed and the sun was hitting it just right it would look lighter.

I also took it out for test drive, very very nice. It really does look gorgeous from all sides.

Enjoy.

Livio

post-9537-023452100 1282331707_thumb.jpg

post-9537-030440200 1282331722_thumb.jpg

Edited by LIVIO

blitz118, here you go!

This 2011 Ford Edge Sport in Kona Blue was a little dusty and I only had my phone camera with me so their not the best photo's but the Kona Blue is darker then I thought.

I'm sure if it was clean, polished, waxed and the sun was hitting it just right it would look lighter.

I also took it out for test drive, very very nice. It really does look gorgeous from all sides.

Enjoy.

Livio

Thanks for the pics and how was the drive? The color looks good. I have my mine set on the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat, but I want to see a pic first.

Thanks for the pics and how was the drive? The color looks good. I have my mine set on the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat, but I want to see a pic first.

Go to Ford.com and then go to the Ford Vehicles website.

Once there you can then go to the Gallery section, then click on Colors and 360.

Not only can you see all the colors available but you can even change the model and the background.

This is by far the best that I have seen for anyone who is trying to decide on a color for their particular 2011 Edge.

Livio :rockon:

Go to Ford.com and then go to the Ford Vehicles website.

Once there you can then go to the Gallery section, then click on Colors and 360.

Not only can you see all the colors available but you can even change the model and the background.

This is by far the best that I have seen for anyone who is trying to decide on a color for their particular 2011 Edge.

Livio :rockon:

Edited by Albertabound

I have been monitoring 10 Ford/Lincoln dealers across the US and 10 dealers across Canada for the past two weeks to determine if their new vehicle inventories showed any 2011 Edge or MKX.. I am awaiting an MKX that was built the week of June 29/2010.

Finally on Tuesday August 17/2010 2011 Lincoln MKX's showed up at dealers in Oakville, Edmonton and Calgary. Also a 2011 Edge in Oakville. Over the next few days 8 of the dealers I have been monitoring received Lincoln MKX and 3 received 2011 Edge. There are still no Edge or MKX showing up at the US dealers.

I received a telephone call from my Dealer in Calgary and they expect to receive my MKX next week.. According to them there were some early problems with the My Touch System that were quickly sorted out, but caused the delivery delay until each vehicle checked out.

I downloaded both the MKX Owner's Manual and also the My Lincoln Touch Manual a few weeks ago From FordFleet.. I presently have a 2008 Edge and thought that with my experience with the SYNC system, my learning curve with the Lincoln touch system would be fast. Not so. There are so many new things involved with the new touch system that I try and go over the manual every chance I get so that I will at least have a head start when I take delivery. In talking with my salesman yesterday he stated that he has received limited training, but was surprised that I have the knowledge I now have. He jokingly asked me if I was interested in a part time job training the sales staff and new owners.

For those of you interested in looking at manuals here is the link

http://flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2011&make=Lincoln&model=MKX

I have been monitoring 10 Ford/Lincoln dealers across the US and 10 dealers across Canada for the past two weeks to determine if their new vehicle inventories showed any 2011 Edge or MKX.. I am awaiting an MKX that was built the week of June 29/2010.

Finally on Tuesday August 17/2010 2011 Lincoln MKX's showed up at dealers in Oakville, Edmonton and Calgary. Also a 2011 Edge in Oakville. Over the next few days 8 of the dealers I have been monitoring received Lincoln MKX and 3 received 2011 Edge. There are still no Edge or MKX showing up at the US dealers.

I received a telephone call from my Dealer in Calgary and they expect to receive my MKX next week.. According to them there were some early problems with the My Touch System that were quickly sorted out, but caused the delivery delay until each vehicle checked out.

I downloaded both the MKX Owner's Manual and also the My Lincoln Touch Manual a few weeks ago From FordFleet.. I presently have a 2008 Edge and thought that with my experience with the SYNC system, my learning curve with the Lincoln touch system would be fast. Not so. There are so many new things involved with the new touch system that I try and go over the manual every chance I get so that I will at least have a head start when I take delivery. In talking with my salesman yesterday he stated that he has received limited training, but was surprised that I have the knowledge I now have. He jokingly asked me if I was interested in a part time job training the sales staff and new owners.

For those of you interested in looking at manuals here is the link

http://flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2011&make=Lincoln&model=MKX

There ARE MKX and Edges in the US arriving everyday. The dealer by me has had both

But then again I guess you are referring to your local dealers :)

Edited by tpm419419

Vehicles will show up in the online inventory when they are shipped and before they actually arrive. Call the dealer to be sure they have the vehicle you're looking at on the website on the lot.

I actually purchased my 06 Fusion based on the online web inventory 2 weeks before it showed up.

There ARE MKX and Edges in the US arriving everyday. The dealer by me has had both

But then again I guess you are referring to your local dealers :)

Hi Tom:

Good to hear they are on the lot. I took US dealers scattered from east to west with emphasis on southern Ca. where my wife and myself spend the winter. Nothing was showing up in the inventory list, although I do know everything depends on how often they update their online inventories. and also the demand they have for these vehicles.

Owen

Hi Tom:

Good to hear they are on the lot. I took US dealers scattered from east to west with emphasis on southern Ca. where my wife and myself spend the winter. Nothing was showing up in the inventory list, although I do know everything depends on how often they update their online inventories. and also the demand they have for these vehicles.

Owen

Owen

According to the dealer I went to they were expecting the cars in September. They didn't expect them for another couple of weeks but here they are :)