Report your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX delivery here!

LIVIO

Have you received your new 2011 Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Please select either one only if you have taken delivery of your new 2011!

MoreOverTheEdge, first off.....I would have a few words for the Manager and then I would tell him to keep it.

Ā 

I personally would then ask him to order up another one because that glass took a pretty good hit and I know I wouldn't want a brand new vehicle that now needs paint work and a new windshield installed.

Ā 

If you decide to keep this vehicle make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb and ask for a significant discount because of all this.

Ā 

I too feel so sorry for you and anyone who this could happen to.

Ā 

Livio

Ā 

Sounds like you subscribe to the "what I don't know won't hurt me" philosophy. The truth is cars get damaged in the plant and in transit all the time. The plant has an entire section dedicated to repairing paint problems and replacing glass. The fact that in this case the customer has actually seen the damage should make him feel better, at least he knows what to look for before accepting delivery.

Sounds like you subscribe to the "what I don't know won't hurt me" philosophy. The truth is cars get damaged in the plant and in transit all the time. The plant has an entire section dedicated to repairing paint problems and replacing glass. The fact that in this case the customer has actually seen the damage should make him feel better, at least he knows what to look for before accepting delivery.

Ā 

Waldo, my problem lies in "how much is too much?" Certainly knowing about it makes it worse, and it knocks the new car shine off a bit, but what about down the road? If this is starting off life being reported a "damaged vehicle" then hell no I don't want it. Cosmetic issues? Well that's another matter, especially if it means I don't have to wait another two months for my car. How do I know?

Ā 

Is there any issue with having the windshield replaced by the dealership? Somebody at work told me that she didn't have hers done because she didn't want the "factory seal" broken - meaning the factory couldn't do it as well? Doesn't make much sense to me, but I thought I'd ask here...

Waldo, my problem lies in "how much is too much?" Certainly knowing about it makes it worse, and it knocks the new car shine off a bit, but what about down the road? If this is starting off life being reported a "damaged vehicle" then hell no I don't want it. Cosmetic issues? Well that's another matter, especially if it means I don't have to wait another two months for my car. How do I know?

Ā 

Is there any issue with having the windshield replaced by the dealership? Somebody at work told me that she didn't have hers done because she didn't want the "factory seal" broken - meaning the factory couldn't do it as well? Doesn't make much sense to me, but I thought I'd ask here...

Ā 

I would have a hard time taking delivery on the damaged car. Yes damage happens but that wouldn't make me feel any better about it.

This should enable you to get out of the order agreement and open the door for you to shop around or re-order.

I sure hope my Limited makes it to me undamaged.

Ā 

Ā 

The "factory" windshield goes in the same way a replacement windshield goes in. There should be no difference.

Ā 

I think the point here is simply to allow the damage to be repaired and then inspect it and determine if you want to accept it or not. This is still cosmetic damage that shouldn't affect it assuming the repair is done correctly. And it will be covered by the warranty. If it just bothers you knowing about it then go get another one. The other point is that even a new one could have had this type of repair at the factory and you'd never know it.

Ā 

Ā 

If it were me I'd be disappointed but I wouldn't reject delivery and wait another 8 weeks. If you're going to do that you might as well wait for the 2012's. Let them fix it, you won't be able to tell the difference from new, make them redo it if you see any defects. Get them to throw in the cargo package or something for your troubles. Life's too short to stress over things like this. Enjoy the new car!!!!

post-10572-049478600 1284511990_thumb.jpgpost-10572-036043200 1284512062_thumb.jpgpost-10572-078702500 1284512151_thumb.jpgpost-10572-038880800 1284512232_thumb.jpgpost-10572-026073300 1284512311_thumb.jpgpost-10572-064510900 1284512432_thumb.jpgpost-10572-098241000 1284512503_thumb.jpgpost-10572-043897700 1284512600_thumb.jpgpost-10572-042186900 1284512681_thumb.jpgpost-10572-094758700 1284512765_thumb.jpgpost-10572-057826400 1284512857_thumb.jpgpost-10572-044434400 1284512926_thumb.jpgTook delivery of my new Kona Blue Edge this morning. So far so good, I really love this vehicle! I was driving a Mazda Tribute and loved it but was ready for an upgrade. The Edge offered so much more than the Tribute. I'm still playing around with MyFordTouch and Sirius, learning as I go (I think I'm going to really love this!). Edited by tonyf

Great Pics tonyf!

I'm getting the same wheels. You don't see them featured in any ads so it's good to see them on a real Edge.

Those rear speakers are HUGE! I can't wait to crank the polka (just kidding)

One requirement on my purchase was the rear view camera. It looks like it will come in handy.

The tire tread isn't very aggressive. Looks like they are low resistence. Good thing I opted for the AWD.

Ā 

I can't wait to for my Black Limited. (in transit now)

Ā 

BTW: the first mod I'm going to do is to tint the two front windows the same as the other windows.

Yeah I agree about the tires. Actually a little disappointed on the tread for "all weather" I guess they mean all weather except any snow. We will have to see about them lasting. If I end up having to winter tires and snow tires I will never hear the end of it about the sport. Oh my oh my.

Ā 

The pictures are awesome. I am really grateful at the quality of everyones pictures. The other part that I am wondering - how does the "wood" look on the limited?

Ā 

I am still so excited I could almost scream.

I just heard for the CRC that as of 7:12am this morning my Edge is "In Transit" for OAK to Cleveland Ohio. Now they said it is shipping VIA Convoy so does anyone know if there is a way to track Convoy Shipments like there is for Rail ones? The anticipation is killing me I canā€™t wait till Monday when I will finally be able to drive my New 2011 Kona Blue Limited Edge!!!!

I ordered my Silver MKX back on August 14th, I am waiting to hear back from the dealer in Edmonton, Alberta. Just wondering if anyone has received their MKX in that region.

Ā 

Start bugging your dealer - you should have a VIN and be able to get some info on status of this car. Good luck - they are showing up everywhere everyday.

Yeah I agree about the tires. Actually a little disappointed on the tread for "all weather" I guess they mean all weather except any snow. We will have to see about them lasting. If I end up having to winter tires and snow tires I will never hear the end of it about the sport. Oh my oh my.

Ā 

The pictures are awesome. I am really grateful at the quality of everyones pictures. The other part that I am wondering - how does the "wood" look on the limited?

Ā 

Ā 

Choff

I think the wood looks good. To me it looks as good as the wood trim in a BMW or Mercedes and adds a nice accent to the dash.

Ā 

Here's a picture of the dash I took in the garage with my phone/flash. Not the best picture but you can see the wood. I'll try to take a better picture in natural light today.

Ā 

post-10534-041573800 1284563051_thumb.jpg

You do know that Mercedes, BMW, and Audi put real wood in most of their models and Ford puts plastic right?

Ā 

Ā 

I would like them to stop using wood of any real or fakeness - that was really the one down fall of the Edge - but it was across all lines. I like it typically makes a car look dated and old.

Ā 

Luvford - I would love to see a better quality pic just like the one you took. Either way - not turning the car down because of it. Just was asking.

You do know that Mercedes, BMW, and Audi put real wood in most of their models and Ford puts plastic right?

Ā 

I am an Interior Designer and in my opinion if you took the "wood" out of the Edge and the "wood" out of a BMW X3 you wouldn't be able to tell which came from which or which was real and which was plastic.

Ā 

Technology has advanced enough that even the plastic look real.

Ā 

Just my opinion.

Ā 

Choff I'll take a better picture and post it for you.

I am an Interior Designer and in my opinion if you took the "wood" out of the Edge and the "wood" out of a BMW X3 you wouldn't be able to tell which came from which or which was real and which was plastic.

Ā 

Ā 

Just my opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yep - that is my opinion - I just don't really like any of them. But it isn't a ton in the car so if that is the only negative to the car - I will take it.

Ā 

Ā 

Just my opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well you are an "interior designer" that I would never hire. Not that I would hire one.

You're saying you can't tell the difference between a Veneer and real wood? Sheesh!

Edited by MOFSTEEL

Great Pics tonyf!

I'm getting the same wheels. You don't see them featured in any ads so it's good to see them on a real Edge.

Those rear speakers are HUGE! I can't wait to crank the polka (just kidding)

One requirement on my purchase was the rear view camera. It looks like it will come in handy.

The tire tread isn't very aggressive. Looks like they are low resistence. Good thing I opted for the AWD.

Ā 

I can't wait to for my Black Limited. (in transit now)

Ā 

BTW: the first mod I'm going to do is to tint the two front windows the same as the other windows.

Thanks Wilson, I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, those speakers are huge and let me tell you, they pump some sound! This Sony system is great! My second day with the Edge and lovin' it even more! The rearview cam with park assist is pretty cool, so is the Sync system, while not perfect, it's really smart. I hope you enjoy your Edge and if you can, post some pics.

Ā 

Ā 

Choff, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. I hope you LOVE your Edge! Actually, I think the 'wood' looks pretty good. I payed attention to it today as I traveled down the interstate (a nice sunny day today here in SW Louisiana) and the 'wood' looked very nice. I can't say it looks as nice as perhaps real wood would, but it's nice, you'll appreciate it I'm sure! Post some pics of your new ride if you can. Enjoy!

Choff, I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. I hope you LOVE your Edge! Actually, I think the 'wood' looks pretty good. I payed attention to it today as I traveled down the interstate (a nice sunny day today here in SW Louisiana) and the 'wood' looked very nice. I can't say it looks as nice as perhaps real wood would, but it's nice, you'll appreciate it I'm sure! Post some pics of your new ride if you can. Enjoy!

Ā 

Ā 

Some day it will be here and I will definitely post some pic's. Hopefully there won't be snow when I take them, but there won't be much green left around.

Ā 

I am sure the wood looks fine - just am not super fan of it. It looks like there is just the right amount of it.

Some day it will be here and I will definitely post some pic's. Hopefully there won't be snow when I take them, but there won't be much green left around.

Ā 

I am sure the wood looks fine - just am not super fan of it. It looks like there is just the right amount of it.

Yeah, your right, any more of the wood and it would look a little too 'cheesey' :yup: