2011 Edge All Weather Floor Mats

Yes thank you very much,how did the mats fit I had them in my 08 Caliber SRT4 and they fit perfect.

Thanks Again

I don't know yet as the front liners aren't actually available as yet - they haven't arrived at the warehouse. They are available to order and will ship when they can. The cargo mat fits perfectly.

I don't know yet as the front liners aren't actually available as yet - they haven't arrived at the warehouse. They are available to order and will ship when they can. The cargo mat fits perfectly.

Update - The Weathertech front floor liners arrived and they fit well. Driver's side fit is not absolutely perfect at one edges, but it snapped easily into place and I think it will settle in at the edges over time.

I am a bit worried about the back lip of the driver's mat interfering with the electrical cabling under the seat (presumably its for the power seat), though. When the seat moves back and forth it looks like it will drag the wiring over the lip of the mat. I will watch this for a while to see if it looks like it will wear the cable.

How often do you move your seat?

I moved mine once when I bought the car. My 1998 Windstar has 138000 miles on it and the seat has been moved twice.

Depending on where you have your seat set too - with the entry assist (or whatever it is called) it could move every time you get in and out of your car. Or like me and my husband every time we switch drivers. Hopefully it doesn't rub excessively or maybe you can put a piece of felt on the edge of the mat to remove any possible sharpness?

Just cut a notch in the mat or use a zip tie to hold the wires up. You could even go far enough to remove the seat, cut the wires and extend them so you can reroute them..... This is what I would do to permanently fix the issue.

The felt will eventually wear away and you would be back to square one.

I guess I am just used to my Wife and I using the same seat settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Where in Canada or US can i get good all weather mats that fit well in my 2011 Edge? I don't want to spend over $100 on the WeatherTech ones. The Ford mats are $91.43 for the set of 3. Are they good? How do they compare to the ones from WeatherTech?

Thanks.

I have the Ford rubber mats. I like them.

Yes, they won't hold a gallon of melted snow but for normal winter conditions, they work well for me.

See that's the problem is that I don't want to spend $170 US or over $200 CAD on the weathertech mats. I'm in Toronto so not sure how much is a lot of snow where the ford mats wont work. Is it b/c they don't cover the whole area like the weathertech ones? So i may get salt stains?

See that's the problem is that I don't want to spend $170 US or over $200 CAD on the weathertech mats. I'm in Toronto so not sure how much is a lot of snow where the ford mats wont work. Is it b/c they don't cover the whole area like the weathertech ones? So i may get salt stains?

Well, you get what you pay for. I have bought from WeatherTech several times and I am always happy I did. I have also bought OEM winter mats with mixed results (Mercedes-good, Audi-bad). I have never bought the Ford mats (this is my first Ford).

I agree they are expensive, but if you plan to keep the car for a while what's an extra hundred dollars more than the Ford mats over 4 or 5 years? Worth it to me to keep the carpets nice and save trying to scrub out the salt stains. Its up to you what you value.

I'm in the Toronto area, and have the ford all weather mats (they were thrown in with the deal, back in Oct 2010) and I have salt stains on the drivers side :( Nothing too severe, but it would have been nice if there was better coverage (both width and length) Will need to try and brush them out with a stiff brush when it stops raining around here.

M.

Can anyone tell me how the Husky mats from streetsideauto are and how they compare with the Weathertech digital ones? They are much cheaper and free shipping.

Front: http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/husky-liners-floor-liner-33291/

Rear: http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/husky-liners-floor-liner-63291/

Edited by d_source

Possibly the weathertech might be a little heavier material, and I think that they have the hole for the drivers side floor anchor. Got my nephew Husky liners for a Christmas gift ( what he wanted). They seemsed okay, didn't get me excited, but this was what he wanted. They were no great bargain, either.

Edited by JOEHIO

• 1 month later...

By chance, does anyone have any pictures of either the Husky or WeatherTech mats in their car (preferably a 2011 Edge)? I am curious to know which brand actually fits and covers the area better. I am under the perception that the Husky mats cover and fit better (but I'm not so crazy over the design), than the WeatherTechs. I have read that the WeatherTech's mats fall a bit shy for the driver's area, particularly the area under the parking brake/dead pedal, but they do have the hole to attach it to the floor. I am interested in buying a set for the front and second row seats as well as the cargo area.

The OEM black mats were installed in my 2008 Edge by the dealer when I had the 1500 mile checkup performed.. Within 3 years, my right heal had pressed a hole into the mat an inch or so from the a point under the gas pedal. When I pull the mat out of the car and hold it up, I can see sky through the hole. Called Ford and was told they were a "wear" item and no warranty applied except for the standard one year. I hope for everyone's sake that the 2011 mats are higher quality.

The OEM black mats were installed in my 2008 Edge by the dealer when I had the 1500 mile checkup performed.. Within 3 years, my right heal had pressed a hole into the mat an inch or so from the a point under the gas pedal. When I pull the mat out of the car and hold it up, I can see sky through the hole. Called Ford and was told they were a "wear" item and no warranty applied except for the standard one year. I hope for everyone's sake that the 2011 mats are higher quality.

lol.. so youre complaining they wore out in 3 years? did you expect them to last 10? i'd replace them every couple years if i had to. not like theyre expensive.

By chance, does anyone have any pictures of either the Husky or WeatherTech mats in their car (preferably a 2011 Edge)? I am curious to know which brand actually fits and covers the area better. I am under the perception that the Husky mats cover and fit better (but I'm not so crazy over the design), than the WeatherTechs. I have read that the WeatherTech's mats fall a bit shy for the driver's area, particularly the area under the parking brake/dead pedal, but they do have the hole to attach it to the floor. I am interested in buying a set for the front and second row seats as well as the cargo area.

If you look on the earlier post on the thread, someone has posted some pics. I have the weathertech's in my 2011 Sport in the front, second row & cargo & coverage is good - nothing has gotten on the carpet. The only problem is the mounting tabs on the LT floormat - at the time, the Weathertech only had one mounting hole & the 2011's have two. Not sure if that has changed yet.

I ordered the Husky Liners for my 2011 Edge. Weathertech is made by the same company. I have Weathertech in my 2010 Lacrosse, they are fine with fit. The Husky liners seem to wear much better. I have them in my company vehicle & my neighbor has had them in a vehicle since 2001 & they look new.

Could you possibly post some pictures?

Thanks!

If you look on the earlier post on the thread, someone has posted some pics. I have the weathertech's in my 2011 Sport in the front, second row & cargo & coverage is good - nothing has gotten on the carpet. The only problem is the mounting tabs on the LT floormat - at the time, the Weathertech only had one mounting hole & the 2011's have two. Not sure if that has changed yet.

Thanks Randyf, but th pictues were of the OEM version. Someone else did post WeatherTechs, but I think they were of the 2010 version. Could you post pics of yours?