NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

ha well techincally you don't have to idle your car, as they state if you are going for a drive that will take about 30-45min to do it then, that way you aren't just idling. but yeah it does suck you have to waste gas doing it. go siphon some out of a car on the lot, haha, i'm kidding.

When I log in to syncmyride is just says it needs a dealer install and to click there for a printout and that fees may apply!?!? WTF!!?? We're at 2.11 already and have NAV so I am really hoping we get the upgrades in the mail because I want to do it myself and sure am not paying a dealer to do so for warranty work. We never got the letter either... hrmmm, frustrating.

If you have Navigation, you have to wait for the new SD card (and USB stick) in the mail. If you don't have Nav, then you can download and install the update from syncmyride.com.

If you have Navigation, you have to wait for the new SD card (and USB stick) in the mail. If you don't have Nav, then you can download and install the update from syncmyride.com.

I have the nav, but can't i just download and install the new update and use it without the new nav sd card until it arrives in the mail?

Today I contacted the salesman who sold me my '11 Edge (he's a friend) and he in turn asked the service director at the dealership. His take was since I had both MFT & Nav, I needed to wait on the package coming in the mail.

That's fine. looking forward to it.

Peace,

DM

Today I contacted the salesman who sold me my '11 Edge (he's a friend) and he in turn asked the service director at the dealership. His take was since I had both MFT & Nav, I needed to wait on the package coming in the mail.

That's fine. looking forward to it.

Peace,

DM

There is no technical reason to wait; only usability. If you upgrade now, everything works except Nav because the new software doesnt work with the old Nav maps. Once the new SD card is installed, the Nav will start working.

If you use the Nav a lot, then wait.

The wording on SyncMyRide.com was incorrect and has since been updated to the following:

The mailing began the week of March 5th, and will take several weeks to complete. If you do not receive the update, call us to get assistance. 800-392-4040

Figures.... :banghead:

Anyone with the new NAV SD card willing to upload it somewhere so we can download it please? :worship:

Edited by fastman

I called the myford touch support number. I asked if I can download the update and just plug in the map SD card when it arrives in the mail. they said yes but the nav function won't work until then (obviously)

I just wanted to hear it officially that I can download and update and then wait for SD card to arrive.

Updating now :)

So update is installed. Haven't played with it much, but it is definitely faster!

When I do have nav, So i just took out my SD card and will wait for the new one to arrive in the mail.

I did notice that the nav area still says the street that i'm on. I haven't driven yet since the update so not sure if it will go away or not, if I try to touch the navigation portion nothing happens, oh well, its expected. Now i just need the SD card!

edit: anyone with nav thats done the update with no SD card have the top right corner "frozen" on a street? My compass moves and points in right direction (which is a surprise with no SD card) but if I am on anyscreen but the home screen it is "stuck" on the street i did the install on.

if i am on the home screen it says "insert SD card"

Edited by djmodifyd

So update is installed. Haven't played with it much, but it is definitely faster!

When I do have nav, So i just took out my SD card and will wait for the new one to arrive in the mail.

I did notice that the nav area still says the street that i'm on. I haven't driven yet since the update so not sure if it will go away or not, if I try to touch the navigation portion nothing happens, oh well, its expected. Now i just need the SD card!

edit: anyone with nav thats done the update with no SD card have the top right corner "frozen" on a street? My compass moves and points in right direction (which is a surprise with no SD card) but if I am on anyscreen but the home screen it is "stuck" on the street i did the install on.

if i am on the home screen it says "insert SD card"

Same exact thing on my MFT. Shows the last street I was on and doesnt change. If I touch it, does nothing.

I called Sync My Ride support to see if they had a mail date for my update package, but they could only say what I already knew: starting 3/5/12 the updates would begin being mailed out. My Edge (build date 6/23/11) has version 2.8, so MFT performance isn't too bad so I'm willing to wait for the mailman to deliver it. I suppose they may be mailing them out in relation to build date and/or purchase date?

Well that went smoothly enough.

The interface looks a bit boxier than it did before but it seems snappier.

I'll have to wait for the mailing now to get my nav system back but I don't plan on being anywhere but around town in the near future anyway so I can put up with being without it till it comes in the mail.

Thanks, you're right, it did come back...this is ridiculous how it wants you to keep the engine idling during the upgrade, for up to an hour. What a waste of gas.

How much would you waste if you took it to the dealer? For me I use less gas idling for an hour then if I drove it to the dealer, and the dealer would have it for a 4 hours minimum.