NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

I updated and it is amazing! Now can someone who has the nav card zip it and upload it for us all? PLEASEEEEEEE :)

I don't feel like waiting 3 weeks to get my new nav card.

If you dont have a place to upload it, I can provide you upload access on my website.

Edited by dmarakowski

One of my ford contacts said that he thinks the sd cards vin-lock. I don't have another edge with which to test that theory.

My guess is that the cards dont "VIN-lock" until after they are installed for the first time in a vehicle. So we would need somebody to copy a fresh unused card and then upload it.

I am concerned as I have not received the update yet nor did I receive any letter letting me know the update was coming.

I have a 2011 Lincoln MKX.

Did anyone get the update who did not get the letter?

Should I call the number or just wait?!

I did not get the letter either. I called, and the rep I talked to said she saw me in the system, so I would definitely be getting it mailed to me. I asked if they mailed them all out that day. She said the mailings started on the 5th, but it could be a few weeks until everybody got theirs. She said they weren't all mailed out on the 5th, but will be in the next few weeks.

This was just one rep, so you never know how accurate the information is. Sounded reasonable to me though.

I did not get the letter either. I called, and the rep I talked to said she saw me in the system, so I would definitely be getting it mailed to me. I asked if they mailed them all out that day. She said the mailings started on the 5th, but it could be a few weeks until everybody got theirs. She said they weren't all mailed out on the 5th, but will be in the next few weeks.

This was just one rep, so you never know how accurate the information is. Sounded reasonable to me though.

Having my Edge for a year and a half now I certainly hope I am way up on the list

I realize that my question may be off course with the MFT update but it is sort of related. First of all, let me just say that I'm really looking forward to the newest update. Although I haven't had many issues, the system was always slow and I did have to pull the fuse once. I have had my Edge since November '10 and in February '11, I took the car to Europe. The Edge is an eye catcher here! Now, I understand that Ford will be mailing out map updates to work with the newest software. Has anyone of you heard whether Ford may be releasing European maps? I did hear that they will be offering MFT in their European Focus. Thank you.

Good Day Fellow Edge Owners,

I'm new to the forum as of today but just wanted to say Thanks to all members that have been posting status updates on the new release. I've been trolling the internet for posts, articles, and videos related to the upgrade and appreciate that others are just as anxious as I am to see the upgraded MFT in action. Everything that I have read on here and seen on YouTube has been positive, so it just makes waiting for my package to arrive in the mail that much more painful. And worse, I read a moderator post on SyncMyRide.Com that packages won't even be mailed until later this week so I just might inquire about getting the dealer upgrade this weekend because the suspense is killing me.

I'll be sure to provide any updates to this thread should mine arrive or get installed sooner than everyone elses.

I just wanted to provide an update based on my earlier post. I couldn't wait for my package to arrive in the mail so I decided to take the plunge to get installed at the dealership on Friday afternoon. Although they kept my Edge for 3 hours, I can report that my upgrade is a drastic improvement.

I obviously can't speak about the installation process because the dealer installed. But in general, the system start is much faster. Each screen refreshes within a second after touch input and the voice command is surprisingly fast to respond (see my navigation story below).

You have to pair your phone and add your navigation favorites after the install. When I paired my phone, I noticed that my phone is already connected by the time the screen appears at start up (usually about 3-5 seconds). I downloaded my phonebook and it finished in no time. I didn't play around with the Phone menu much but I did receive a call and didn't notice anything unusual when I answered. As soon as I answered I was able to speak and hear clearly. And that is something I couldn't say before.

As for Entertainment, the screen looks much better. I'm not sure if there was an installation issue, but I expected all of my Sirius settings to be wiped out. But they were not. Maybe the install doesn't wipe out all data, but this was nice because I had forgotten most of my presets. I do have a USB 250GB drive in mine for music and I was worried that the upgrade would affect its ability to connect to Sync. But again, no problem. It indexed and built the media commands in the fastest amount of time I have ever seen (like 1-2 minutes). I also used to notice that when using my USB drive for music, the transition from song to song when shuffling used to be slow (like 10 seconds). Now everything is smooth and the next song plays about 1 second after the last song ends. I used voice command here to search for a particular song and it played right away. I know that MFT will take some time to search for the song after the voice command but it still seemed faster than before. And the extra Media Player setting to use Gracenote OR the media player as priority for cover art is nice. Although when you give media player priority, if there is no cover art embedded with the mp3 file, I usually didn't see any cover art. I guess I was expecting Grancenote to back up cover art with something generic like Pop or Soul R&B or whatever. But still, screens looks better and respond faster overall.

Navigation is cooler. It has a 3D view and looks more natural. You will have to save your favorites again but that is to be expected. Interesting story about mine is that I forgot to save my Home and Favorites, tried to use "Destination Home" voice command and MFT responded with "Setting Home as Destination" or whatever it says. Then I noticed that it didn't calculate a route. So I tried it again and again. It kept responding as if it was setting my route but there was nothing. So I was pretty sure I had something to complain about. Then my wife, who is smarter than me, reminded me that I hadn't saved the Home address. So instead, I used the "Destination Address" voice prompt. All I had to do is say my complete address with city and state. I swear it found my address in like 2-3 seconds and calculated my route. Nevertheless I was able to then save that address as my Home address and retest "Destination Home" and it finally worked. I guess Ford should catch this error by not allowing you to use Destination Home if there is no address saved. It should probably just say "Address not saved" or "Couldn't find that address" instead of making the user think it is doing something and then getting confused when there is no route. Oh well, I'll chalk this up to user error more than issues with MFT.

I didn't mess with climate but the screen looked better.

I also noticed that when I leave the car the screen only takes about 1-2 seconds to shut down. I can't tell you how many times that the "Ford" splash screen never showed up after leaving my car before. It would always get stuck on whatever screen was on when I left the car and that same screen would be on the next time I started the car. So far, this hasn't happened once.

So overall, very pleased. Screens look better, touch input and response is much faster (although sometimes you can see it struggle to refresh the new screen, it still responds with a tone right after you touch it and moves away from the previous screen to let you know that it is indeed moving). I have to be honest though. They took the outside temp away from the MFT screen and I actually got used to viewing it right next to the time. The outside temp is still located in the right instrument cluster but I wonder why they chose to take away from MFT screen. At least other passengers could see it too. Oh well, minor complaint. Maybe there is a setting that I need to adjust. But in the end, I wish they had released the first generation this way. I think most users under the age of 45 probably expected some glitches given our comfort with PCs, laptops, tablets, and smart phones and the multiple software and firmware releases with other devices. But the previous system sucked before this upgrade. Just like others, I considered taking the car back. But now, I wouldn't consider doing that given the improvements with the upgrade. Can't wait for AppLink and Internet to be upgraded too, but I have to say this upgrade made me happy to be a MFT owner. Overall, I give it a B or B+ since there are still some opportunities for improvement. But that's vastly different from the D grade it had before the upgrade.

Lastly, the guy at the dealer said that I may not receive my package in the mail because Ford will know that I had it installed at the dealer. I was hoping to offer up my drive and SD card to someone else should I receive early, but oh well.

Good Luck to everyone waiting for the upgrade. I can predict that you will be happy with it.

I just wanted to provide an update based on my earlier post. I couldn't wait for my package to arrive in the mail so I decided to take the plunge to get installed at the dealership on Friday afternoon. Although they kept my Edge for 3 hours, I can report that my upgrade is a drastic improvement.

I obviously can't speak about the installation process because the dealer installed. But in general, the system start is much faster. Each screen refreshes within a second after touch input and the voice command is surprisingly fast to respond (see my navigation story below).

You have to pair your phone and add your navigation favorites after the install. When I paired my phone, I noticed that my phone is already connected by the time the screen appears at start up (usually about 3-5 seconds). I downloaded my phonebook and it finished in no time. I didn't play around with the Phone menu much but I did receive a call and didn't notice anything unusual when I answered. As soon as I answered I was able to speak and hear clearly. And that is something I couldn't say before.

As for Entertainment, the screen looks much better. I'm not sure if there was an installation issue, but I expected all of my Sirius settings to be wiped out. But they were not. Maybe the install doesn't wipe out all data, but this was nice because I had forgotten most of my presets. I do have a USB 250GB drive in mine for music and I was worried that the upgrade would affect its ability to connect to Sync. But again, no problem. It indexed and built the media commands in the fastest amount of time I have ever seen (like 1-2 minutes). I also used to notice that when using my USB drive for music, the transition from song to song when shuffling used to be slow (like 10 seconds). Now everything is smooth and the next song plays about 1 second after the last song ends. I used voice command here to search for a particular song and it played right away. I know that MFT will take some time to search for the song after the voice command but it still seemed faster than before. And the extra Media Player setting to use Gracenote OR the media player as priority for cover art is nice. Although when you give media player priority, if there is no cover art embedded with the mp3 file, I usually didn't see any cover art. I guess I was expecting Grancenote to back up cover art with something generic like Pop or Soul R&B or whatever. But still, screens looks better and respond faster overall.

Navigation is cooler. It has a 3D view and looks more natural. You will have to save your favorites again but that is to be expected. Interesting story about mine is that I forgot to save my Home and Favorites, tried to use "Destination Home" voice command and MFT responded with "Setting Home as Destination" or whatever it says. Then I noticed that it didn't calculate a route. So I tried it again and again. It kept responding as if it was setting my route but there was nothing. So I was pretty sure I had something to complain about. Then my wife, who is smarter than me, reminded me that I hadn't saved the Home address. So instead, I used the "Destination Address" voice prompt. All I had to do is say my complete address with city and state. I swear it found my address in like 2-3 seconds and calculated my route. Nevertheless I was able to then save that address as my Home address and retest "Destination Home" and it finally worked. I guess Ford should catch this error by not allowing you to use Destination Home if there is no address saved. It should probably just say "Address not saved" or "Couldn't find that address" instead of making the user think it is doing something and then getting confused when there is no route. Oh well, I'll chalk this up to user error more than issues with MFT.

I didn't mess with climate but the screen looked better.

I also noticed that when I leave the car the screen only takes about 1-2 seconds to shut down. I can't tell you how many times that the "Ford" splash screen never showed up after leaving my car before. It would always get stuck on whatever screen was on when I left the car and that same screen would be on the next time I started the car. So far, this hasn't happened once.

So overall, very pleased. Screens look better, touch input and response is much faster (although sometimes you can see it struggle to refresh the new screen, it still responds with a tone right after you touch it and moves away from the previous screen to let you know that it is indeed moving). I have to be honest though. They took the outside temp away from the MFT screen and I actually got used to viewing it right next to the time. The outside temp is still located in the right instrument cluster but I wonder why they chose to take away from MFT screen. At least other passengers could see it too. Oh well, minor complaint. Maybe there is a setting that I need to adjust. But in the end, I wish they had released the first generation this way. I think most users under the age of 45 probably expected some glitches given our comfort with PCs, laptops, tablets, and smart phones and the multiple software and firmware releases with other devices. But the previous system sucked before this upgrade. Just like others, I considered taking the car back. But now, I wouldn't consider doing that given the improvements with the upgrade. Can't wait for AppLink and Internet to be upgraded too, but I have to say this upgrade made me happy to be a MFT owner. Overall, I give it a B or B+ since there are still some opportunities for improvement. But that's vastly different from the D grade it had before the upgrade.

Lastly, the guy at the dealer said that I may not receive my package in the mail because Ford will know that I had it installed at the dealer. I was hoping to offer up my drive and SD card to someone else should I receive early, but oh well.

Good Luck to everyone waiting for the upgrade. I can predict that you will be happy with it.

I appreciate your overview of the new system. It sounds like Ford finally got it right and can only improve upon it in the days ahead. Waiting patiently for my package :)

Installed the update(3.02) with no issue last Thursday. Worked fine until today.

Started the car, but screen stayed dark (no backup camera, no radio, etc). Finally it rebooted to the "Sync by Microsoft. Running scheduled maintenance..." screen after about 30-45secs. Took another 20-30secs after that to get back to the home screen.

Hope 3.03 is coming out soon. :angry:

Edited by fastman

For a 2011 Edge, my current Sync version is Gen2 - V1.8. The SyncMyRide site says I have an update that has to be installed at the dealer. Took it to the dealer, who was initially confused by my request.

Someone else at the dealer said I have to wait for the package in the mail, and any installation they perform would be subject to their service fee of nearly $100. Time to find another dealer, or will there be a download available for this update?

For a 2011 Edge, my current Sync version is Gen2 - V1.8. The SyncMyRide site says I have an update that has to be installed at the dealer. Took it to the dealer, who was initially confused by my request.

Someone else at the dealer said I have to wait for the package in the mail, and any installation they perform would be subject to their service fee of nearly $100. Time to find another dealer, or will there be a download available for this update?

It's been rumored that anything prior to version 2.7 has to be dealer installed once - then you can do it yourself from there on. It's possible the new upgrade can be self-installed on version 1.8. You could test it by going to syncmyride.com and use the status checker to make sure it knows you have 1.8 and see if it allows you to download the software. You can always just try it and see and if it doesn't work then take it to the dealer.

You don't have to wait for the package except to get the SD card for Navigation. The dealer should do the software upgrade(s) at NO CHARGE. If they try to charge you call Ford or find another dealer.

go to the dealer and the following info is on there fmc site. they are not suppose to be giving customers a hassle over this.

i would also call ford while at the dealership. let us know

Sales Messages Subscribe to Sales Messages (View All Sales Messages)

Updated: ACTION REQUIRED: MyFord/MyLincoln Touch PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (3/9)

Q: What if my customer does not want to wait for his/her MyFord/MyLincoln Touch PERFORMANCE UPGRADE letter/package to arrive?

A: The customer may come into the dealership to have the upgrade performed at no cost. It is recommended that the customer contact the Service Department to make an appointment. If the customer has a navigation-equipped vehicle, he/she should contact the dealership Service Department in advance to verify that an SD card would be available for installation. Please note: A supplement to FSA# 11A03 will be issued AFTER all customer mailings have been completed, which will then require dealers to call the Special Services Support Center for Prior Approval to add an SD card to an FSA 11A03 warranty claim since customers should be supplying the SD card they received in their package.

RENTAL VEHICLES

Customers are eligible for one (1) day of rental coverage while having the upgrade performed. Dealers may claim one (1) Transportation Assistance Program (TAP) day using program code TAP5 for Ford rental vehicles and TAP6 for Lincoln vehicles. These claims will be funded by Ford and will not affect your existing TAP budget or utilization. Specific claiming details are contained within the FSA

Edited by ladybird4

updated and it took about 45 minutes from the time i started the car to completion. downloading the update from syncmyride took ten minutes. new screen design will take some getting used to but it looks good and seems to be a little faster than 2.11 was. as long as my wife likes it it's all good, so i'll know in the morning if i screwed up doing the update.

Updated my vehicle last evening. Install went well; took roughly 40 minutes. Fiddled with the new screens for about 15 minutes before heading inside for the night. This morning, Sync came right up, phone connected very quickly. Overall I was pleased and the morning looked promising. About 10 mins into my commute, I called my wife and I hit my first speed-bump. The phone was connected to SYNC. I have an iPhone 4S. I was even able to stream Pandora from the phone last night but did not think to make a test call. The phone would dial, but no sound. When turning up the Volume control up, I noticed it did not say Phone and when I hit END on the screen the audio volume was blasting. Once I got parked at work I tried a Master Reset, same results. The phone will dial but no phone audio. This worked fine with 2.11. The first time I did try a call this morning SYNC hung for about 30 seconds. No voice and I was not able to hit any Entertainment buttons.

Anyway, I will call SYNC support this morning and see what they recommend. I am a little disappointed as it looked really promising. 2.11 was pretty stable for me. I had my share of Black Screens, but I was accustomed to seeing them and knew what to do.

I will post any info that I get from Ford Support or anything from the course of my troubleshooting.

Regards to all. :shift:

Updated my vehicle last evening. Install went well; took roughly 40 minutes. Fiddled with the new screens for about 15 minutes before heading inside for the night. This morning, Sync came right up, phone connected very quickly. Overall I was pleased and the morning looked promising. About 10 mins into my commute, I called my wife and I hit my first speed-bump. The phone was connected to SYNC. I have an iPhone 4S. I was even able to stream Pandora from the phone last night but did not think to make a test call. The phone would dial, but no sound. When turning up the Volume control up, I noticed it did not say Phone and when I hit END on the screen the audio volume was blasting. Once I got parked at work I tried a Master Reset, same results. The phone will dial but no phone audio. This worked fine with 2.11. The first time I did try a call this morning SYNC hung for about 30 seconds. No voice and I was not able to hit any Entertainment buttons.

Anyway, I will call SYNC support this morning and see what they recommend. I am a little disappointed as it looked really promising. 2.11 was pretty stable for me. I had my share of Black Screens, but I was accustomed to seeing them and knew what to do.

I will post any info that I get from Ford Support or anything from the course of my troubleshooting.

Regards to all. :shift:

I also have 4S but haven't updated yet. Now I'm worried. Have you tried unpairing the phone and then pairing it again?

One quesiton I have for Ford is why couldn't thay have fixed the Sirius Radio channel names in this new update? Studio 54 is still labeled as BBC Radio One on my console.

My guess is that stability/speed issues were worked on first (more work to do on that too).

One quesiton I have for Ford is why couldn't thay have fixed the Sirius Radio channel names in this new update? Studio 54 is still labeled as BBC Radio One on my console.

Good question! I would have thought that SiriusXM actually did the download of text labels. I know for sure that SiriusXM downloaded the Studio 54 logo, so why not the label?