• 2 weeks later...

Omar

I had mentioned to WWW that I felt there was a difference in the engine operation. I could not pinpoint it for you but there is a slight difference. I have also noted a slight change in Fuel Tank Pressure. I will be able to provide more details on Monday after I drive it about 250 miles. I have not yet checked my wife' purge valve, but intend to do so shortly.

Hi Mac, thanks for the video again. Did you notice any difference in the Edge with the new purge valve?

• Like 2

So I offered to check my wife's purge valve... she wouldn't cooperate.

I've often found that you usually have to jump up to a larger socket size in order to get them to break free. Of course if they set for too long, they tend to seize up and no amount of force will get them to cooperate. (The younger fellows in the forum won't get this).

• Like 2

First 0W20 AMSOIL run is finished I have sent off the samples to see if 207 Hours is good or can I go further? Either way I performed a true DIY oil change in my driveway for the first time in a long time. Much easier with a lift is all I can say. I also dissected the AMSOIL oil filter to check it out for build and other items of interest.

• Like 1

Had an issue with the fans not functioning yesterday and my Edge Engine Coolant Temp (ECT) started to climb from it's normal 196-198 degrees F to about 214 Degrees F. I was checking my Forscan and the PIDS when I was at idle and noticed the high temp. I got out and checked the fans and they were not functioning. I shut the engine off and proceeded to check the electrical connnections

I removed the connections and plugs making sure to move and wiggle them a lot. The reconnected them by wiggling and moving them. Still no luck when I restarted.

Forward about three hours and I drove it to the next location with out the temp getting higher than 180 degrees (short drive) I let it set for another 2-3 hours

I drove it home without incident about 150 miles plus city traffic once I arrived home.

I rechecked the fans and with the temperature being 41 degrees the fans were operating at about 18 percent power and the Edge was maintaining a ECT of about 196 under idle.

Today I will again removed the electrical plugs and clean them, grease them up with Dielectric grease and reconnect them.

Testing and running it this week in preparation for next weeks 1K miles of driving.

Dirty connections? Did not look dirty but I am ordering a new Motorcraft fan (Dealer price 430.00 dollars not including tax) On line through amazon motorcraft OEM 230.00 dollars including shipping. And dealers wonder why they get called stealerships. 200 dollar markup

• Like 2