Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Adaptive steering fault

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#381 OFFLINE   alesham

alesham

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

Edge is still in the shop. I've had a loaner since last weekend as was told, "don't call us, we'll call you." No word yet. I believe last November they swapped out my steering wheel since it seemed different and the signals didn't work properly after the replacement (wouldn't turn off on their own), but per my previous post the dealer wasn't forthright about the replacement. They just simply told me that they did more software reset/reprogramming, but I shared the codes that were printed on my receipt with this forum and others concluded that they were the "replace steering wheel" codes. Needless to say, the guy I dealt with a the dealership is no longer there and no one spoke kindly about him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't telling me the truth. So I suspect they swapped out my steering wheel without telling me. Worked fine for a couple of months before the light came back on this past January. And then the horrific scare about a week ago (mentioned above) - ugh. Since they already replaced the steering wheel (I presume) what else can they do...? Replace the clock spring? We're now looking into buyback options and our rights under the CA Lemon Law. They have one more chance to rectify this issue!

Edited by alesham, 20 March 2017 - 04:22 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#382 OFFLINE   CapeDave

CapeDave

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 124 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

Edge is still in the shop. I've had a loaner since last weekend as was told, "don't call us, we'll call you." No word yet. I believe last November they swapped out my steering wheel since it seemed different and the signals didn't work properly after the replacement (wouldn't turn off on their own), but per my previous post the dealer wasn't forthright about the replacement. They just simply told me that they did more software reset/reprogramming, but I shared the codes that were printed on my receipt with this forum and others concluded that they were the "replace steering wheel" codes. Needless to say, the guy I dealt with a the dealership is no longer there and no one spoke kindly about him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't telling me the truth. So I suspect they swapped out my steering wheel without telling me. Worked fine for a couple of months before the light came back on this past January. And then the horrific scare about a week ago (mentioned above) - ugh. Since they already replaced the steering wheel (I presume) what else can they do...? Replace the clock spring? We're now looking into buyback options and our rights under the CA Lemon Law. They have one more chance to rectify this issue!

I truly feel your pain. This issue is a bitch. Factor that in with a less than honest dealer and it really sucks. My repair, clock spring and modules has been good. Still, there is always that nagging "Will it happen again? Now? Now? tomorrow?" type of feeling that I never had with a new car before.

I would like to see Ford stuck with some buy backs due to this. They should have tested more and used a better supplier. And all this for a feature that almost no one really cares about.

Best of luck, keep us posted please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users