Home Screen Wallpapers -- What do you use?

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad someone asked this question. I was trying to add a wallpaper from using a photo off my iphone. I would hook it up and it would tell me "no device detected". Am I doing something wrong with my iphone or can pictures only be added by using a flash drive?

Thanks

I am so glad someone asked this question. I was trying to add a wallpaper from using a photo off my iphone. I would hook it up and it would tell me "no device detected". Am I doing something wrong with my iphone or can pictures only be added by using a flash drive?

Thanks

I believe you have to have the phone connected as a storage device. For example, on my computer, I have the phone hooked to the PC via USB, and the phone asks me whether to use the connection for power or storage. I set it to storage, and the PC picks up the phone as a USB storage device. Once a drive is mapped (automatically by the PC), it should be available to you for use as a location for photos/wallpapers.

Of course, you'd end up leaving the phone connected all the time if you wanted continuous use of the photos, so the best thing would be to download the photos from phone to PC and use the local location for the wallpaper.

I have used this method successfully with at least Windows XP thru Windows 7.

HTH.

• 2 months later...

Since the 3.02 update, I hated the fact that the default Lincoln star wallpaper was not centered. Finally I was able to get hold of that image & was able to modify it to center the Lincoln Star.

post-24673-0-62882600-1364357370_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-87837000-1364357715_thumb.jpg

Also, I found one image that I liked in a Focus forum, so I just modified it to center it in the updated MFT/MLT screens & added a Ford/Lincoln Logo.

post-24673-0-19797500-1364357920_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-89876300-1364357953_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-22488900-1364358236_thumb.jpg

I have added a .zip file containing all images because the pictures are changed when attached to the post.

post-24673-0-99260100-1364357756_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-59899600-1364357785_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-68234900-1364357848_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-64132100-1364357876_thumb.jpg

MLT - MFT.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I haven't been able to find any answers using the search so I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I have an 2011Edge still running v2.8 and has always been stable. After seeing how much info they took off the screen to make it faster I decided I like my old version better so I haven't done any upgrades. My question is about the wallpapers on screen. In my v2.8 the entire picture is seen with no overlay. I just bought my daughter a 2014 Fusion with MyTouch and it seems that you cannot just see the wallpaper it has the quartered screen overlaid on top of the wallpaper. Is this just how it is or is there some way to just show the wallpaper without the overlay? Thanks for any help.

Yes I get that info on the home screen just as it should be. I'm talking about NOT seeing that quartered home screen. I want to see just the wallpaper WITHOUT anything else on the main screen except the info in the corners. In my 2011 Edge running v2.8 when I touch the home button I get 3 choices. 1. Just my wallpaper. 2. The quartered screen. 3. My favorites. Is that possible with this new version in the 2014 Fusion which I think is v3.6 ?

• 3 weeks later...

... is there any particular requirement to make the wallpaper work? I resized them to 800x378, went into settings, pointed to the file on a USB, then clicked OK and ... nothing happened. No error message nor confirmation... what am I doing wrong?

Since the 3.02 (performance) upgrade, the resolution changed to 800x384. But older pics should still work. Try a different USB drive.