Is there an indicator light for head lights on?

Sorry if this has been discussed. Couldn't find answer in search either.

I have trouble figuring out if headlights are on before it gets dark in our 2012 Limited. Owners manual says something about the knob lights up, or back light, if they are on, but in bright sunlight I don't see that. Also it says if wipers are on, lights are on. Is that all wiper positions....even intermittant?

In our other cars, nice bright indicator light is on when lights are on. Maybe I'm spoiled. Otherwise our vehicle, and all it's technology, works just fine.

Edited by RJG

I have a 2013 Edge Sport and I believe I have a green headlight indicator when my lights are on. Now you guys have me doubting myself, just dropped it off to get a hitch installed so I can't check but I'm pretty sure it's there. I'll pick it up tomorrow if no one else updates this thread I'll post a pic or admit my failing memory. :)

Nice find! I just went out and checked my 2013 Limited with the same dash set up as yours. I have MFT and SYNC. Mine was built in June of 2012. I don't have that indicator at all, either with the lights on in the autolight mode or by turning the lights on manually. I've tried all the different light switch settings with the car running, in park, in drive, and with the engine not running.

The only indicator I have is above the fuel gage and it is a blue indicator. Of course, that is only when I have my bright lights on!

I have the same icon on my 13 SE and I don't have drl's Next time I drive it I'll snap a pic but its the same as ON THE FENCE pic, we have been getting large amount of snow here lately and it's been sitting in the garage and been using the 4x4 to get around

Edited by Cruiser64

Hmmm strange it wouldn't be standard. To answer Dingo's question that I took that pic when I parked the car in my well lit underground garage, it was idling and I manually turned the lights to on, then the indicator came on. I also notice it on when the lights automatically come on at night. I ordered the car in September 2012 and took delivery in November 2012.

Edited by OnTheFence

The 2013 Edge Owner's Guide 3rd Edition (an October 2012 revision) on page 106 says the icon is an RTT that "will illuminate when you turn the parking lights on" and on page 103 explains "Some warning indicators are reconfigurable telltales (RTT). These indicators appear in the information display and function the same as a warning light, but do not display on startup."

The Owner's Guide 2nd Edition does not include the icon among RTTs that it explains.

Omar302 may be correct about this being an Information Display update that the dealer can activate via new software or revised programming.

The icon would certainly provide a welcome confirmation of the automatic turn-on of headlights during daytime windshield wiper usage.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

The 2013 Edge Owner's Guide 3rd Edition (an October 2012 revision) on page 106 says the icon is an RTT that "will illuminate when you turn the parking lights on" and on page 103 explains "Some warning indicators are reconfigurable telltales (RTT). These indicators appear in the information display and function the same as a warning light, but do not display on startup."

The Owner's Guide 2nd Edition does not include the icon among RTTs that it explains.

Omar302 may be correct about this being an Information Display update that the dealer can activate via new software or revised programming.

The icon would certainly provide a welcome confirmation of the automatic turn-on of headlights during daytime windshield wiper usage.

Good luck!

Nice job figuring it out. Looks like the "3rd gen" edges have it. Seems like the newer models should also have the light then. Not a big deal either way.

Edited by OnTheFence