What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Think I could get a Ford ESP for my Edge? As far as the hose, you might want to invest in another two or three of them. My wife uses them (yes multiples) and really likes them. Says the other types are to bulky and heavy.

Had the Edge in-shop for exhaust smell in cabin and very recently, oil smell in addition. They found a leak in the LH Valve Cover (failed gasket), seems to be A-OK now. Time will tell. No cost, thanks Ford ESP!

Thanks Cell, Feel free to steal away, i actually blacked out the amber in my headlight today and what a change it made to the front end, i also peeled the dip on my hood to give it some more accent colors well. Getting prepared to dump the blurple and go with flex blue anyway and having the mirrors, the grill, all of the trim and the rear spoiler painted a gloss black.

Nice, I want to dip my wheels in a different dark color to accent the body paint on mine, but they won't ship to me. I have about 2 cans of matte black that I was able to sneak in my house shipment here. So I can make some adjustments and fix some spots, but that is about it.

I have a 2014 white sport which came with really nice 22's. I have had black 18" rims with snow tires on for the last few months (Canada) lol. Changing back to the 22's in 2 days. YAY!!!!

The black rims actually look pretty cool though. They are 5 spoke; very similar to Matthew Scott's above.

• Like 1

Cell, I regularly place orders from DYC as we started a small shop doing this stuff just outside of chicago. If you want to look into it anymore i could try and see if i could ship to you. Have you tried like shipnex or anything like that

I haven't tried that, I will look into it. Thanks for the offer, it would be great if you could lend me a hand.

Rundown of everything done to the Edge for the past month:

a) Had 90k maintenance performed. Also had sparkplugs changed and door latch replaced (again).

B) Drove to Indian Wells, CA for the tennis tournament with wifey. Avg mpg: 22-24. Literally took one tank of gas to drive there.

c) Had to remove my type 1 switchbacks because the metal clips broke off and fell to the ground when I pulled them out.

Upcoming:

a) Revising lighting mod plans to include new Type 1 switchbacks. I don't really want to go with the Tritons.

Edited by PrinzII
  • Like 1