What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

The Selma grill was pretty easy to get in there, and definetly worth the money! no current pics with lights on but I'll take some tonight and post them up. I know I can't wait for the center console to be done but still got a couple weeks ahead of me on that project. chicago weather won't cooperate haha. Wish it was warm enough to do the light bar and raptor light kit cause I think that's gonna look awesome with that grille

• Like 1

Got some updates finally had some time and a warm enough garage to work in

Added the led light bar and custom led foglight grilles

Ipad in Dash project coming along nicely hit some snags but getting closer to the finish line.

Next weekend i am dipping her nebula blue pearl, with a Deep purple and galaxy blue micro flake.

The grille/fog light grille/side mirrors/roof rails/roof spoiler/rims/calipers and rotor hat/vein will all be painted gloss black to give the truck a nice bit of contrast.

Cant wait this thing is almost done.

post-34166-0-74180100-1424245798_thumb.jpg

post-34166-0-18923700-1424245816_thumb.jpg

post-34166-0-48782700-1424245831_thumb.jpg

post-34166-0-43141700-1424245846_thumb.jpg

post-34166-0-52793400-1424245860_thumb.jpg

post-34166-0-20042400-1424245874_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You have the 22" wheels, right? You like the tread pattern on the Scorpions? Did you go with a different than OEM sized tire?

Yes, I have the 22's. I personally don't mind the thread pattern on the scorpions. They suit me just fine. What was of concern to me was the look from the outside as some tires seem to bulge out more than others if that makes any sense.

Edited by RobertP

Finally got the harness in the mail. my cousin is coming over tomorrow to help with the install, then we will go out and travel Korea a bit.

20150228_124646_zpsi5gqkroj.jpg

Also, washed the Edge today:

20150228_151815_zps6xkyiebg.jpg

For those that don't know, this is the season for yellow dust here in Korea. Dust gets kicked up from China's deserts and collects pollution on its way down to South Korea. The sky turns yellow and it gets hard to breath outside. Then it settles on your car...I miss my German garage!

20150224_163330_zpspv10qele.jpg

• Like 1

Good luck with the harness, hope it works flawlessly! Must have felt good getting your hands on the Edge :), before the Chinese gold dust laid claim to it :(

Installed macbwt-inspired Monroe MaxLift hatch struts, replaced cabin air filter with an ATP charcoal filter, checked all fluids & air filter. Washing to come later this week.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I washed the Edge today for the first time with a sponge and bucket. It was a mistake, let me tell you why. Our house does not have an outside water source, so we have to tap into the one inside. We bought one of those magic hoses because there wasn't another one long enough to get out to the car. Supposedly it will increase 3x its length but didn't make it out the front door. So I had to rinse it by repeatedly filling up the bucket with water and pouring it over the Edge. It was not an enjoyable time. Probably about 15 buckets of water...Not the perfect wash, but much better than it looked before I started.

But I am still impressed with the color of our Edge. I think it is the best color of all the "browns" Ford has put out. It can look black in the shade and brown in the light, and the metal flakes give it a lot of depth.

20150313_171653_zps7habjilu.jpg

20150313_171633_zpszv0hlgle.jpg

Edited by Cellbine
  • Like 1