Just bought a CPO Lincoln MKX

twintornados

I was going to wait for MKC to come out, but got hooked on a 2011 Lincoln MKX certified pre-owned. It has Rapid Spec 102A with wood trim inserts and the dealer that was servicing my Fusion snagged me....lol. I Just could not resist that Lincoln style....so, here I am, Lincoln proud and will now wait for MKC from a Lincoln frame of mind....

1625646_10201969426573128_165456317_n.jp

Not to be a know it al,l but I don't think Ford did anything different for the Lincoln MKX vs the Ford Edge in the way of making it more quiet or more smooth. I know my Edge has the Ford "SoundScreen" windshield and that is the best windshield Fords/Lincolns can get. Floor and doors have no extra insulation either. But you have an pretty sweet ride. I was torn between the Lincoln MKX and Edge Limited. Ended up with the Ford because of the deal. I do wish I had the cooled seats though.

Not to be a know it al,l but I don't think Ford did anything different for the Lincoln MKX vs the Ford Edge in the way of making it more quiet or more smooth. I know my Edge has the Ford "SoundScreen" windshield and that is the best windshield Fords/Lincolns can get. Floor and doors have no extra insulation either. But you have an pretty sweet ride. I was torn between the Lincoln MKX and Edge Limited. Ended up with the Ford because of the deal. I do wish I had the cooled seats though.

Having owned both I can say there is a marked difference between the Edge and MKX in terms of quietness. There must be additional sound deadening in the Lincoln.

Having owned both I can say there is a marked difference between the Edge and MKX in terms of quietness. There must be additional sound deadening in the Lincoln.

Many, many years ago...I briefly sold Lincolns and while yes, they may start as Ford sourced vehicles, the carpeting is thicker, the sound deadening underlayments are more robust, the upolstery is heavier...all those little things that you don't really "see" really do add up to a quieter and more sumpuous ride....now, spring rates and shock valving are enhanced. I did a restoration on a 1976 Montego MX (had several Torinos in my youth) and that thing had sound deadening batts stuffed all over the car.... I saved what I could and made sure that it all went back into the car. I am sure Ford still does that for the Lincolns....

I drive a 2011 Edge and a 2013 MKX. The Lincoln definitely has a cushier ride by a good margin and the steering has more power assist. Lincoln has always tuned their suspensions for a softer ride compared to their Ford counterparts. At age 49, I think I'm becoming an old Geezer cuz I prefer a softer ride over better handling these days.

I was driving my Limited today and I have to say it is super quiet. I test drove the Lincoln MKX when I was shopping and didn't notice any sound difference on the highway but I will agree with you I thought I noticed a difference in the suspension. Now my Edge has 20" wheels and the Lincoln had 18" wheels, so I thought that was the reason for the plush ride but I guess it makes sense that it was tuned that way. I know they supposedly have different tuning in the suspension between different model edges.

I really like my MKX....and one of the things I like is that I don't see myself coming and going ......see a lot of Edges....great car....but MKX has a level of cache that not everyone is driving one....not taking anything away from Edge, and almost bought one, but the MKX was that much nicer...at least to me....

While I am partial to the toothy front grill of my MKX, I am especially happy to have the 3.7L powertrain for towing slightly above the MKX's 3,500 lb capacity.

I don't know why the Edge Sport's towing capacity is downgraded to 2,000 lbs -- perhaps it's suspension related -- but, the MKX has been a no-regrets purchase for me.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I will admit that when I step on the "loud pedal", she really sings for me....and having the factory installed class II hitch is a nice plus too!

No trailer hitch here, but I agree in the first part. 280 lb.ft. Is quite a bit of torque. A big V6 is soon to go the way of the dodo as the engines get smaller and are turbocharged.

I have my '12 MKX a little over 2 years, and really love it. Looked at the Edge, liked it a lot, but wanted heated and cooled seats, Power tilt n telescoping wheel, and a few other diddies. It does ride quieter than the Edge. A neighbor has a '12 Edge, and said that my MKX is much quieter and smoother. The Edge is really nice, but the "X" is just that much nicer. Either way, you can't go wrong. :love_shower:

• Like 2