2015 Order Guide: Update 4/2

I think the new color of magnetic gray will look awesome in this vehicle. I have had 2 sports before and loved them but this time around I didn't want sliver again. I also wanted a lighter interior which the sport does not offer. Will ford ever offer the sport in a lighter interior? I understand the marketing behind having only 1 choice, but I think that the same interior possibly in the light sand on the sport would be well be received.

As much as I really wanted the 2015 sport I had to pass and order a titanium in magnetic gray instead. I would have liked the 2.7, but I wanted the lighter interior, and also needed a tow package this time around. My wife works for ford here in mi at WHQ and I was able to order it thru ford directly. Build date in March....allegedly...we'll see. My 2011 sport was supposed to be delivered in June of 2010, it was built in May, but I didn't see it until October.

I ordered the magnetic gray with the new soft ceramic leather interior and 20" polished alum wheels. I noticed in the now available order guide, that the wheels that I selected are not offered. Probably using up old inventory I would guess. None the less, I am looking forward to the next generation of the edge! I drive over 40k year and love the way it rides, a very heavy feeling vehicle especially on the highway. I drove a new escape for about a year nd hated every minute of it....too small, too light, I did not like it at all especially after coming out of my last edge sport into that.

Congrats on the new order, hopefully you get it fast & enjoy it.

Could you share the order guide? Couldn't find it yet.

I saw what looked an order guide somewhere on this forum. Maybe it was in the sport blog. Anyway, I had to order the vehicle directly through the Ford Management lease portal. Very limited on info that was provided even though I waited until the last day to order it. Normally they at least show you color swatches and pics of the wheels/rims. This time there was nothing. Basically ordering "sight unseen". I did however see the color combo, Magnetic Gray and Soft Ceramic on a 2015 fusion in a dealer's lot. It looked very classy. I couldn't get into the vehicle, to see up close, but the pics that I have seen online of the Soft Ceramic are almost "white". It was hard to tell how light the interior really is. It is noticeably lighter than the "sand" from what I can tell.

So it looks like Daytime Running Lights are only available on fleet orders. The SYNC Services subscription also has changed, going to only 1 year of free service, whereas it was 3 years of free service on my new 2013 Edge.

Among the standard equipment for the SE (should also be applicable to all other trims) under "Exterior" are "Configurable Daytime Running Lamps".

When I clicked your link earlier today, it said I didn't have permission to access the info. Had to join the forum if I wanted to see it. Something must have changed because now I just went back and clicked your link and it opens the file this time.

Ok. You said "actual" so I thought you were implying mine wasn't.

Among the standard equipment for the SE (should also be applicable to all other trims) under "Exterior" are "Configurable Daytime Running Lamps".

Thanks for clarifying that. The Fleet only option must mean you can order the running lights, otherwise you don't get them? Not unusual for fleet vehicles to omit some items in order to keep costs down. Many GM buyers who purchased used rental cars found out they didn't come with OnStar or Bluetooth because those were two items the rental car companies could omit to keep their fleet prices down.

I'm annoyed that the 2015 SEL with My Ford Touch and AWD is about $3,000 more than the outgoing 2014 model. All I ever wanted was the 2.0L Edge to come with AWD, and now it does, but they raised the price significantly over the same configuration but with the 3.5L V6 last year.

• 1 month later...

x2 on the congrats, rmmick!

Just received an email from ford saying that my 2015 Titanium is scheduled to be built the week of January 26, 2015!!! Hopefully I will see it by the end of Feb as an early release for Ford and their "managmenent incremental lease" members...

My 2011 sport was built in March and not released / delivered to me until October....due to "quality" issues....hopefully there will not be many issues as the launch will only go as fast as they can make sure that there will be no issues upon dealer delivery / sales (ie. technology issues ;)

• Like 1

I've been leary about first year models since my factory ordered, fully loaded, 2010 GMC Terrain back in September 2009. It was my first brand new vehicle and was built then parked for over a month before being released. I had many issues with it - some major and others minor - and it cost me big to dump it after just a year.

To be honest, of all the vehicles I've owned over the years I would say my Edge was the best in terms of quality, squeaks, rattles and such. My MKX after 18 months and 12,000 km has an internal symphony of rattles - and the speaker grilles vibrate with any kind of bass when the radio is on. It's kind of a shame when the $20,000 rental Hyundai I had was so solid considering it was worth a third of what my Lincoln was. Maybe that's the downside to an older platform.

I have high hopes for the next MKX but I will only buy one if it has been out for a year or so.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can the dealer order and install the Daytime Running Lights 942 into the 2015 Edge Sport 401A post-delivery?

I've been asking Ford for the DRL ever since driving to Montreal for F1 races in the 1990s. Out on the plains I could see DRL in the shimmering heat long before seeing the cars. No luck, and I don't understand why. Safety factor IMHO.

How does seeing a car hundreds of yards away help safety?

Why do motorcycles have their headlights on all the time?

You are at a 'T' intersection in the Great Dismal swap where the swamp gas can make it hard to judge distance and speed, much less see a silver/grey car.

Same thing happens on the back roads in Mississippi where you have to pick the cars out of the heavily wooded background.

Both of these locations have speed suggestions (they really aren't limits there) of 55.

In both instances, having lights on makes the recognition of a car that much faster.