Adult beverages, barley pops etc. Back at ya WWW enjoy the weekend. I am on right now because I gave up herding the cats (wife and girls) I will just wait until I hear the call signal they are finally ready. Got them to leave the kitchen sink behind so there is hope. LOL

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

Ha Ha MG went on strike. Seems hauling wood after I cut it with the chainsaw was too much work. Anyway changed out the OEM lift struts on the rear hatch of Blueberry. Question is did it make the powered lift hatch, FASTER? SLOWER? or the SAME? I guess I will have to put together the video for you to find out.

• Like 1

Some of you may have seen my video on how I use my 2011 Ford Edge for work. I mentioned I carry two fire extinguishers for my job for training purposes. Well those fire extinguishers inside Lullubelle were used for the purpose they were designed for yesterday when I drove up to a multi-vehicle accident and the car in the photo was on fire.

post-28743-0-86117800-1442669672_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thank You. I did see the young lady was shook up but appeared to be alright. I am sure the air bag in the face was not a pleasant experience. Note: The firemen that appeared later seem rather disappointed as I am sure they were told the car was on fire. So when they arrived they looked around the car but could find no fire. I am sure some people thought WTH!! why does this guy carry a 10lbs CO2 fire extinguisher. If you are not familiar with them they are a bit on the large side.

• Like 1

Just a note that the lift supports are working great. I am going to the shop to install new rear shocks on Lullubelle tomorrow. I have ordered the strut bearing mounts for the right and left side. Next payday I will order the struts. So by the end of this month or early November I will have new shocks/struts all around and installing new snow tires at the first snow fall. PS Gas mileage has dropped so I guess I can safely assume that the gas companies have begun filling our tanks with the winter fuel mixture.

• Like 1

Rear shocks replaced on Lullubelle. Found some changes compared to the 2008 Orange Crush. I guess you can say they beefed up the rear suspension a bit. Bolts were definitely larger on the lower end, but found some really confusing engineering going on when it comes to bolt and nut sizes. Why one bolt uses two different sizes? Anyway as per my usual endeavors it is never a good MAC T video until I break something. LOL Yep at least I am consistent as a bull in a china shop. Never fear I still got the job done. Video to come, well actually two or three. I also figured out the slow leak on Blueberry and this may be a hum might have to address this issue if you are a rust belt dweller.

• Like 1

Figured out the slow air leak on the tire. This video shows what was causing the leak. The leak was caused by oxidation of the aluminum rim on the inside. Seems strange but if you think about it the salt most likely does not get rinsed off the inside of the wheel as much as it does on the outside at car washes etc. So it sit in the seam and causes oxidation and then build up enough to separate the tire bead from the rim and then the air leaks out. Here is what was discovered and how it was fixed.

• Like 1

Now a follow up video on how the new rear rotors and pads are wearing after just 10k miles. Hardly any wear is noticed. I am sure to be following up after a nice mild Iowa winter (ya I wish) anyway time will tell once the salt gets a hold of the metal. Here is the video. I will hold the shock install for next week as I have to go to a Mayors meeting and then I have to create the Church videos for this mornings service so rather busy.

• Like 1

Ok, I had an issue this morning that may have ended Lullubelle forever. I was traveling at 70mph on a rural four lane road with crossings. A pickup was turning right in a turn lane and a rather stupid driver did not wait and pulled out not knowing if the path was clear. Generally when a car turns I will get in the furthest lane. In this case that was the best choice. Out of the three possible scenarios the best one occurred. 1. he stopped just in time. Others 2) he does not stop soon enough and I clip is front end send me barrel rolling. 3) I T-bone him and he becomes a statistic and I get a life of regret if I live. The ceramic pads and new rotors worked well and the addition of new rear shocks definitely helped keep the rear end in line. This is the video, short but to the point.