Gas station was a mile down the road no fears. I rarely let it get to that level but sometimes time runs out and you have to push. Anyway new AEM dry filter ordered and will be installed tomorrow (Note: Making the install quick video just for Akirby just because he is such a fanatic on after market air filters) LOL. Thought I would try out a dry filter vice the K&N oil type to see how it works out.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 2

Gas station was a mile down the road no fears. I rarely let it get to that level but sometimes time runs out and you have to push. Anyway new AEM dry filter ordered and will be installed tomorrow (Note: Making the install quick video just for Akirby just because he is such a fanatic on after market air filters) LOL. Thought I would try out a dry filter vice the K&N oil type to see how it works out.

LOL.

I remember what happened when I posted about using the same type of dry filter in my Edge.

A certain moderator tried his best to discredit it. :hysterical:

I can wait to hear the different if any between an oiled performance air filter and dry performance air filter in the 3.5.

Edited by carguy75

It's all in fun. I really like being able to clean the filters and reuse them. Overall I believe since this one is cleaned using an emulsification type solution to break up the oils and dirt. I will use a diluted mixture of detergent based on the SDS sheet for the cleaner. Cheaper than buying the over priced cleaner.

LOL.

I remember what happened when I posted about using the same type of dry filter in my Edge.

A certain moderator tried his best to discredit it. :hysterical:

I can wait to hear the different if any between an oiled performance air filter and dry performance air filter in the 3.5.

Edited by macbwt

Just ordered new strut bearing mounts for Lullubelle. Next time I will order the struts (KYB) and the left front sway bar link (already have the right side) November I should be installing the new parts for the front suspension and then snow tires. I estimate total parts costs Links, bearing mounts and struts to be around 350.00 or less. Shop fees will be about or under 50 dollars. Garage/dealership fee would most likely be near or about 700-800 dollars depending.

• Like 1

Made it home and I did not change anything including the fuel. The mileage with the new air filter went from a solid 23.5 average to 26 mpg. Maybe I just needed a new air filter. I did change one other thing. Seems that razor knife blades tend to destroy tires so I was in a rock and a hard place and ended up buying one Yokohama YK 580 tire to replace the cut hancook. Go figure it was the one tire with the best tread.

post-28743-0-33095500-1445037510_thumb.jpg

post-28743-0-53167800-1445037517_thumb.jpg

post-28743-0-49167400-1445037530_thumb.jpg

post-28743-0-00511700-1445037550_thumb.jpg

post-28743-0-49393100-1445037560_thumb.jpg

Actually the mileage part was what actually occurred. I will monitor the mileage as I always do. I reset each tank and reset the trip #1 each tank. I have not hit 26mpg for a while so not sure if it was a one off thing or will continue. Maybe the old filter was just really bad? Or maybe that one new tire made all the difference. LOL.

Wow, that's a nasty cut! Good thing you've got FWD ;)

Joking about the mpg increase right? Though I'd gladly take the bump :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Did you hold the old air filter up to a strong light or to sunlight to see if it was "blocked" anywhere? Didn't seem to have obvious crud buildup on the outside. Too bad there wasn't a part number on that thing. Don't touch the MAF, you might jinx a good thing!!!

Let's see how the PCM handles the altered airflow :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

When I changed the plugs I took it out and blew it out with compressed air then reinstalled it. The vehicle was used and I am assuming it was not the original filter, but I just do not know. At most it may have been replace once or twice in the vehicles life time. No way of telling if this occurred. If this continues I will take the extra MPG, but on other thing I was in idle also for about 25 minutes waiting and still got the mileage up there. Well time to start working on the rear shock video.

• Like 1

A few differences I encountered during the installation of new rear shocks on Lullubelle vice the time I installed new shocks on the Orange Crush. Larger bolts on the lower point and the bolt and the nut both had different sizes. Go figure. Anyway it is not a true MAC T video until I break something (and I did) anyway here it is folks.

• Like 2