All righty then, can you hear me? (spongbob hehe) Here it is a family video on flushing the power steering and everyone had a job. Check out the inset video of MercyGirl turning the steering wheel. Cuddle Bug was the one that was videoing the whole thing. Not bad for a soon to be kindergarten school girl.

• Like 1

Stong arms are in. Will have to get MG, CB and MomOSHA ramped up for a quick install. Speaking of quick started the day thinking I would have it easy and ended up with two new clients. Lullubelle is going to be putting on even more miles since the one new client is in Sioux Falls South Dakota!!! 4 hour drive one way from the office and a 6.5 hour drive one way from the home office.

• Like 1

Changed the lift supports. No usable video due to many causes. Sometimes the ladies are just not into it. Watched it and I got a headache with all the bouncing and jiggling. Anyway. I will replace Blueberry's lift supports and do a timed lift since it is a power lift to see if new lift support speed it up or slow it down. Should be an interesting comparison. Anyway no more headaches hopefully. Have a great weekend we are taking Blueberry camping this weekend.

• Like 1

Took Blueberry camping and came back Sunday and Blueberry smelled like a wet dog inside. Investigated the smell and located a 100lbs wet dog in the back of blueberry. Took wet dog out of Blueberry and sprayed with air freshener and left windows open for a while. Seems better now.

post-28743-0-67406100-1440409389_thumb.jpg

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

No but she looks funny with the pine tree air freshers tied to her. Blueberry needs to be de Furred. Norwegian Elk Hounds shed about 13 gallons of fur twice a year and about another gallon each month in between just for good measure.

Does the pooch look like a bag of patchouli now?

• Like 1

My sympathies. Can't say I am surprised at your conclusion! I think I will get the OEMs from Ford next time though, just for grins.

OK word of advice do not buy Strong Arm lift supports!! Not at all satisfied with their performance. The monroes lift supports are far better in my opinion after just a few days it was the wrong choice.

The below information is what Strong Arm lift supports sent me as to why their lifts supports do not work. They blamed Ford!!!

The problem is they do not even open an inch and do not start to work until I have the lift almost over my head. The only thing they manage to do is hold the hatch open.

If you are expecting these to push open when unlocked they won't. Their design is to open about an inch and then you have to get them started. About half way up they will start to open slowly by themselves. That is the reason Ford is pushing their electric power openers.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

Not only do the Strong Arms not lift but I actually have to push the hatch up almost fully to force them to start lifting. What makes it worst is that I feel the lift support resisting me trying to open the hatch. I unload and reload equipment out of my car multiple times a day and this is an issue.

Side note on future status of Lullubelle. Her days of hitting the road for high mileage runs may be limited. I will still have her, but my last meeting with the boss resulted in a discussion on driving mileage and how the company is looking into the costs/benefits of providing a vehicle to me to drive. Of course I will do my best to argue the case for a Ford Edge. Who knows? Maybe I will get a new 2016 Ford Edge?!!! I can always dream. As with all things this process will take a bit of time as the bean counters have to make bean soup before they come up with an answer.

FYI. 60K miles x .57cents per mile = $34,200.00 in tax exemptions. Then mix in fuel costs averaging $600.00 monthly, Insurance, Title, Maintenance costs?

There are multiple ways to depreciate the vehicle for tax purposes also. Basically at a per year rate. Either way once they do process the mathematical scenarios I will know one way or another.