Battery has been in the car since February when we bought it. So I would rule that one out. I think the battery got tweaked when it completely died when the lights were left on over the last weekend.

The 2011+ Edge/MKX (most if not all Fords probably the same) have battery savers that would turn off your headlights and/or interior lights if forgotten on after about 10 minutes, except for the parking lights and hazard warning flasher. So your battery should not completely die if you leave the headlights on.

Another possible symptom is I have noticed my remote locking and unlocking has required me to be a lot closer to the Edge to lock or unlock. I used to be able to lock it or unlock it from the house now I have to be on the street close to the Edge in order to unlock it.

Checked the battery and it is good it was a 59 series? and I am wondering if I should eventually change it out for a 65? It does not have remote start. The key fobs batteries will be changed out on both vehicles I bought a four pack and they are use the same size battery.

The AEM filter and gas mileage? As much as some may say it is not worth it and does not work my results so far are favorable as I am currently averaging almost 2 mpg more per gallon when compared to the previous filter. I changed nothing in the engine. Trip home Friday was closing in on 27mpg on interstate at 75mph. South dakota showed me 24mpg at 83 mph

• Like 1

No not really. You can get the DM-V1 for less money since it is a discontinued model about 130.00 each. The tread design on the DM-V2 has changed compared to the

DM-V1 and the compound has been improved for better wet ice traction according to sales literature. I think in looking at the tread it is a more aggresive design. I guess I will find out if the noise increases due to the tread change. I have two DM-V1 at home that I am going to put on Blueberry with two new DM-V1's on the rear. Wife does not drive much in winter. I will do a short video comparison.

Wonder if these are any cheaper in the spring?

• Like 1

The blizzaks were waiting in my garage for me. I had to laugh because my wife made the UPS guy load them in the garage when he delivered them. Soon I will be mounting them when the time is right. Waiting for the weather to cool down a bit more. I like it below 50 degrees consistently before I have them mounted to use.

post-28743-0-73851100-1447447874_thumb.jpg

post-28743-0-10538500-1447447882_thumb.jpg

Mileage continues to be a steady 25mpg. Beginning to think the old paper filter was holding up the air. Also logged on 5k miles in 27 days. Getting busier and this is even with hotels stays. Could be a hard ride this coming year for Lullubelle.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

Just confirms what I have always experienced. Folks always want AWD or 4WD and say I can accelerate better. I always say but I can turn and stop better when we both are doing the same speed. I save money on not having to pay the deductible and you get to lose your car and pay the deductible to fix it.

A recent Motorweek feature on the Blizzaks:

http://www.motorweek.org/features/over_the_edge/winter-driving-safety-technology/

Video starts around 7:30 at this link:

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365603691/

Bad day for Lullubelle. First thing is a dead battery again (my fault) I left all the cameras and gps on all weekend including Monday. Ever try to charge a battery in the rain with two extension cords running from the garage to the street at 5am? Not fun. Rained today and now the rear wiper sounds like a fly trying to get out by buzzing against the glass on each activation of the wiper and sometimes even after it is done. Am I to assume the motor is indicating it will soon die?

Since I am going to be changing out my front struts soon. I have a question on compatibility. I know a guy that has two OEM Ford Edge Sport springs he is willing to sell cheap. The question is: Can I install the two 2011 Ford Edge Sport springs on my 2011 Ford Edge Limited are they going to be a good direct fit or are they made physically different (ie longer, shorter, wider etc) and will they make a difference or cause other handling issues.

Checking spare parts, the front coil springs are the same for all models including Limited & Sport. The difference is between FWD & AWD models. So if both your cars are FWD or AWD, then they should fine. It is the struts that are different to accommodate the 22" wheels.

http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/edge/bt4z5310f/2011-year/sport-trim/3-7l-v6-gas-engine/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat/?part_name=coil-spring

Edited by omar302