The more I drive Lullubelle the less I notice the engine braking. Maybe I was just to attuned to how the 2008 3.5 and tranny were set up and coasted. She is feeling better and better the more I drive. I did change to high Octane 91 for the last two tanks, but not sure if this made a difference. Any clues? Thoughts?

I have been shopping for struts and shocks. Very limited number of choices available for the Ford Edge. KYB seems to be the only aftermarket supplier that makes their shocks for OEM and Aftermarket the same. Monroe is not an OEM manufacturer when compared to KYB which is an OEM supplier. Just thought I would toss that out there.

Got my new dash cam in and the chips. I think I will do a video documentation on the installion of front and rear cams. Lullubelle will take the entire week off this coming week for a short vacation while I take care of a long list of Honey Do's that have built up.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

OK MYKEY. Dealer successfully disabled the MYKEY and turned off the limits. However, There is always a However, They were unable to locate and install the actual MYKEY function to show on the display. The Dealer is stumped and unable to get the MYKEY to show up on the dash thus I have no MYKEY. This being my working car does not present much of an issue for me so I am letting it go. Cost to reset MYKEY and Disable 110.00 dollars. So apparently Lullubelle does not want to be limited and has taken upon herself to hide the function and prevent any further limits be placed upon her. Although I though I saw movement under the dash that looked strangely like a gummy bear holding a french fry, but I am not sure?!

• Like 1

Busy day today.

1. Video on Lullubelle and how I use her with the inside scoop on what I actually carry around inside and the type of equipment.

2. Video on installing duel front and back facing dash cams

3. Video on Ford Edge basic maintenance 101 identifying components and how to open the hood. This video of for those who only know where the gas tank lid is located.

Akirby no dreaded K&N air filter swap out yet, but I am thinking of you. It will happen!!!

• Like 1

macbwt,

If you remember, I asked you about the internal storage you had in your new Edges. Basically you confirmed they removed the cubby in front of the shifter and possibly the one that sat on top of the dash like my 2009 has (and the Orange Crush had). I know you have two "new" 2011s. Well, I was at the dealership off hours and a used 2013 was open on the lot and I got inside and was actually able to see for myself what was on this model years. Yes, the cubby's are gone but they have added a hidden cubby under the dash material just in front of the shifter. You can actually reach it from both sides. Yes, it can hold items, but you can't see what is in there (you have to do everything by feel) without getting out and getting on your hands and knees and looking. I am thinking about getting a newer Edge but this has me looking at other vehicles (Equinox - I know, I know...). Anyhow, does yours have it? If yes, comments on it's use?

As you say I put things in this cubby that I want to essentially hide then have to feel around inside to get them. I tend to use the cup holder to hold small stuff like change, but I found an ashtray cup at a garage sale and took the top off and use the cup in the cup holder for loose small items. This makes it easier to remove if I need the cup holder I can just move it to the center arm rest storage. Over all it does help my 2011 look cleaner and neater. The storage pocket was always a mess staring at me on the Orange Crush. So I guess I am saying in the area of clutter control it to me is a good thing. Note also the door side pockets on the 2011 are a lot larger and hold more items also, which I really like. Over all I am happy with the storage changes.

• Like 1

Interesting maintenance history discovered on BlueBerry. Three Transmission flushes in 76K miles, Three Power Steering flushes in 76K miles, Coolant flush once and nothing noted on the brakes to speak of. She had three induction cleanings also (TB cleaning/injectors) Whoever owner Blueberry was very anal retentive on maintenance to a fault.

Lullebelle actually started out life as a rental car in where I live and then somehow ended up almost in Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Then I bought her and brought her back. Maintenance was very little almost to the level of abuse. LOL hard life but now things are getting done.

• Like 1

Nothing to fix or repair. I am slowly pre purchasing some parts in preparation of new shocks and struts, but that will occur later in the year. Blueberry has no issues and Lullubelle will be hitting six figures this week. Very good feeling to have a couple of reliable vehicles.

• Like 1