2016 Edge Start Up dates

Just some clarification to your post, Android Auto does not replace QNX, it is an app for QNX.

Some of the earlier internet news articles like, http://www.androidcentral.com/ford-cto-details-plans-close-integration-between-android-auto-and-sync,

But in my search today it looks like the most current articles http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/ford-announces-all-new-sync-3-system-pictures-specs/ reflect that it not released for Escape and Fiesta, but it would be later this year.

But my guess is based on the first article I would think it would be released like later this year when, let say maybe the new Edge comes out? B)

Then comes WAZE integrated with AA..... That would be one sweet pair.

Edited by punch-card
  • Like 1

I hope they don't change the initial order date too much. When you place an order from the dealer do they require a deposit? I've never ordered a car from the factory, and I want to be prepared. It's going to be a long wait for the 2016s.

Edited by blitz118

Speaking from personal experience. When I ordered my '13 Boss 302 I put down a $10K deposit. This was most likely more than required but I was also securing an early build slot that was allotted to the dealer. The Boss' have a sequential number (on the intake), I wanted to ensure a low ##. I ended up getting #0324.

Looks like the '16s are going to be fashionably late to the party, but well worth the wait I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Have not heard anything here as far as a pre-job 1 order timeline. I am hoping that I will be able to hop onto that train like I did for the 2015 edge. If I cannot, then I guess I will hope and pray to have a ticket for the new Continental pre-job 1 build....that is going to be a home run for Lincoln...watch and see.

• Like 1

We placed our 2015 Edge with Adaptive Cruise in early June. But Adaptive Cruise is not available until September. We are coming out of a 2013 Edge lease in October. How do you think the timing will work? Will they be able to build the 2015 with AAC in Sept?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I read that another ford vehicle had it working, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, if 2016 production does not begin until the middle of November, I would hope so.

Also there has got to be a lot of people that have there orders on hold waiting for it. That be more egg on the face, if it fell through....

Wait a sec. What problem are you guys referring to? I have Adaptive Cruise on our 2013 Edge. I will never own a car without it. Set the cruise speed and just steer. I am have never had any problems and it has worked flawlessly for the past two years. I would assume the 2016 would be the same.

-Lee

This is only my guess,since Ford now has Adaptive cruise with emergency braking actual braking, not only one-charging) on the Euro Mondeo (Fusion), they might be waiting to bring it directly to the Edge instead of the older system.

Further to my post, I just read on the 2016 MKX's "build & price", and it is available with the "Drivers Assistance Package" that includes:

• Adaptive Cruise Control

• Lane-Keeping System, which includes:

• Lane-Keeping Alert

• Lane-Keeping Aid

• Driver Alert System

• Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, which includes:

• Collision Warning

• Brake Support

• Active Braking

Also searching for inventory, there is already one for sale that has this package. So it seems that it'll start showing up on the Edge. http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/643373381/overview/

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

What are your impressions of the MKX? What equipment group was it?

• PROs
    • Shifterless console, button shifter. I like the concept, because when do you really need the shifter.... when you stop and when you backup, and that for most people is maybe 5% at most of the drive time.... and it frees up space in the drivers area.
    • Audio quality with Revel (non-Ultima) is pretty nice, the sad part about it, it would probably be nicer than the sound system that I have at home.
    • Features that are in the Reserved level, like greeting lighting, instead of just light all the led/lights at once that gradually come on. Neat feature, and probably unique in it's class, but I am sure other high end vehicle might do similar features.
    • Ride quality - the CCD (Continuously controlled damping) is pretty neat that you really can feel difference from the comfort to sport modes.
    • 3600 camera, it was nice to see this feature not only front and back but on the sides of the vehicle. I liked the feature that is in the 15 Murano. But I think Fords front camera I think is a better design.
    • Folding mirrors, a nice feature to have.
  • CONs
    • Center console much higher and reduces leg room
    • lower gas mileage, I think I could be just a happy with the 2.0L like in the edge
    • Pricey option for the LED headlamps, you have to order the luxury package that includes the LED headlamps and the Revel Ultima audio $4.4K OUCH
    • Overall high price, about $10K if you compare it to a fully loaded Titanium Edge, but you do get quite a few options for the $10K, so maybe it worth it...... Oh yea your paying for the cachet....

I am sure there are other things that I have forgotten about since my drive on Saturday, But the really decision maker for me, will the MKX have Sync 3 in Job 2, and when will it happen???? My guess is it would be the same time as the 2016 Edge comes out, since I come from the same factory, and I am sure under the covers the vehicles are more alike than not. And do I really need to drop another $10K and will the buy me any long term value (resale).

My two cents,

Mike

Edited by punch-card
  • Like 1

My local dealer has two 2016 MKX models in, one for test drives and one in the showroom.

My wife drove it today, and was impressed. Neither one was for actual sale, even though they have window stickers on them. They were actual production models.

The dealer said they expect the first units for sale to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Also, the dealer said that they were Sync 3, and the screen did look somewhat different from my current Sync 2, but I forgot to double check it because Sync is not a big deal for my wife.

The pic is of the invoice they gave me today for a high-end one they have on order. I have an X-Plan pin (Ford stockholder).

http://findlaylincolnofhenderson.com/Las-Vegas/For-Sale/New/?PageSize=10&Model=MKX

post-32152-0-96190900-1439258133_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My local dealer has two 2016 MKX models in, one for test drives and one in the showroom.

My wife drove it today, and was impressed. Neither one was for actual sale, even though they have window stickers on them. They were actual production models.

The dealer said they expect the first units for sale to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Also, the dealer said that they were Sync 3, and the screen did look somewhat different from my current Sync 2, but I forgot to double check it because Sync is not a big deal for my wife.

The pic is of the invoice they gave me today for a high-end one they have on order. I have an X-Plan pin (Ford stockholder).

http://findlaylincolnofhenderson.com/Las-Vegas/For-Sale/New/?PageSize=10&Model=MKX

Based on the VIN and link provided all of those 2016 MKXs are showing as having Lincoln MyFord Touch not Sync3.

On the 2016 MKX sticker it is listed as: Sync w/My Lincoln Touch

On the 2016 MKC sticker it is simply listed as: Sync3

Pretty sure any 2016 MKXs we see anytime soon will have MFT not Sync3.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a 2011 Edge May 5, 2010. I took delivery of it Sept 11, 2010. The original production start date was july 1, if I remember correctly the first car came off the line july 20. Mine was built August 17.

I only put down $250 deposit. All cost were negotiated up front.

I was able to get my window sticker once my car was scheduled for production and knew the vin so I could track the train all the way to the depot. It was excruitiating to wait and exciting all at the same time!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...