Ventilated/cooled seats in the 2016 fixed?

For me:

Bottom of seats cool when the AC system is running, backs do not

When the AC system is off, the backs cool, the bottoms do not

I am beyond confused.

Going to have my dealer take a look soon, just concerned about seat damage as other posters have been.

• 1 month later...

Took my 2016 Ford Edge Sport into the dealership today because the back of my seats didn't feel like they were cooling. After a day in the shop, the service advisor called to tell me that the seats are working as designed. Cooling to 50 degrees on the bottom and 70 degrees on the back. I told him that I didn't feel any air coming from the back or cooling at all and he said he didn't know what to tell me. My Edge was built 5/16 after the service bulletin... I guess I should send a complaint to Ford?

Known problem. There is a TSB but most say it doesn't work. You're pretty much stuck with the way they work until Ford redesigns it sometime next year (hopefully). There is a person on the f150 forums who 3D printed a part that supposedly works much better but it's expensive and you have to install it yourself or pay somebody.

I had the TSB performed and didn't solve the problem. Owning a F150 with cooled seats, I was intimately aware of the issue and the fact the seats are almost identical. There is a lot of discussion of the problem on the F150Forum, which led to someone finally coming up with a solution.

I installed Tim's fix and it did solve it. Thanks alot, Ford. Why did I have to buy components to resolve YOUR warranty issue.

This is a link to his site. SeatGuru It can be fixed, but unfortunately, it isn't inexpensive.

Paul

Edited by Paul Proefrock
  • Like 2