Finally bought some 22' wheels for my Edge...

2FAST4U

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice, but how does it ride?

Surprisingly, it rides about the same it did with the original 20"s. The tires look like they have a low sidewall but in reality it's higher than it looks because of the whitewalls (which make the whole wheel/tire combo look bigger)…but the ride is definitely ok.

Claude. ;)

• 1 month later...

You have to NOT know what you're doing when you are ordering your 'ADAPTERS' (that's what they are called). Having them stick out a mile past the fender lips, and then post this dribble that the incorrect spec adapters ' helped a tad'! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Very odd guy! Find his post with the pics of his wheels/tires sticking out. Read, all the BS he posted, even admitting that he made a mistake in ordering the the wrong thickness, plus he had a machinist that would trim them down for him, or post them up here to sell.!!

I hear banjo music in the background.

How can adding wheel spacers make the car ride better?? :headscratch: I don't get it... :shrug:

Claude.

• 3 months later...

2FAST4U - i think the 22"'s look good. My 2010 Edge Sport came with the factory 22" rims and that is what we liked about the vehicle. My wife was the one that picked it out. I get lots of questions about whether they are after market or not and comments that they look great. Of course, replacement tires can be a bit expensive.

It would look a lot better IMO if you lowered it a little (H&R sport springs) and reduce that wheel well gap a bit. To me it looks so propped-up. Of course lowering it will not help the ride quality, but then again on 22" wheels with 35 sidewalls, you can't expect much in ride quality anyways.

2FAST4U - i think the 22"'s look good. My 2010 Edge Sport came with the factory 22" rims and that is what we liked about the vehicle. My wife was the one that picked it out. I get lots of questions about whether they are after market or not and comments that they look great. Of course, replacement tires can be a bit expensive.

Thanks for the comments! I already had some 22's on my '11 MKX which I liked a lot and I was a little disappointed that Ford does not offer any 22" wheels for the newer generation of Edges ('15 and up) so I bought some aftermarket ones which I only use in the summer time. I still have the original 20"s with for use in the winter time.

Claude.

It would look a lot better IMO if you lowered it a little (H&R sport springs) and reduce that wheel well gap a bit. To me it looks so propped-up. Of course lowering it will not help the ride quality, but then again on 22" wheels with 35 sidewalls, you can't expect much in ride quality anyways.

I thought of that but since this is my daily driven vehicle, I preferred staying with the stock suspension setup. As for the ride with the 35 series tires, you'd be surprised how good it rides not too harsh, just right (in my opinion).

Claude.

Hey now, we don't want to here that around here! Some peoples daily drivers take a beating (on purpose for some, accidental for others)

I take meticulously great care of my Edge. I own a car wash and during the winter, I wash it every two days and daily if needed. Yeah it's a "driver" but it doesn't mean that it's not well taken care for… I think it's meant to be driven and enjoyed, not parked and never used…and besides, I don't think it'll ever become a collector car, so might as well enjoy it!

Claude.