Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods?

ben senise

• 3 weeks later...

I tried this by replacing it to 0 and 1. 2 is my OEM value. Changing it to 0 removed the Traction Control function in the left cluster under Driver Assist. I am bummed about this. I head the new Edge ST will have the ability to disable or "loosen" the stability control of the car for some fun. I'd love to be able to flash the new ST ECU and TCU tunes.

Edge ST: has a button to either turn On/Off Stability Control OR Sport Mode (hidden: press twice).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I posted this in in another post, but thought should also be posted here:

Make the front signal bulb only function as a turn signal bulb and will not turn on with the parking lamps. Side marker will not be affected.

726-29-02 xxx* xxxx xxxx

Front Turn Position Lamps Cfg: 0=Turn_Only, 1=Turn_Position

Explanation:

0: (stock) The front signal bulb will function as a turn signal bulb only.

1: The front signal bulb will function as a turn signal (at full brightness) and as a parking light (reduced brightness)

Now with the ignition/engine on i have the small LED side markers on & the signature lights on the bumper. Now the issue with this is when turning the parking lights on with ignition/engine off, the signatures lights don't come on, so there would only be the LED side markers.

Another thing I tried and worked, but not really useful for me:

726-29-02 x*xx xxxx xxxx

DRL Position Lamp Cfg: 0=DRL_Only, 1=DRL_Position, 2=Fixed DRL Position, 3=Stop Turn

What I tried::

0: (stock) The stand alone DRL will function normally (for me with HID the DRL are the dedicated bulbs).

1: The DRL will work normally in addition to also turn on with the parking lights. This worked for me.

2 & 3: I don't know & forget to try!

Edit: tried 2 & 3 and got configuration errors.

Edited by omar302
Spelling mistakes.
  • Like 2

Thanks for that one Omar. Just what I needed for my new switchback signature bezels to work like switchbacks. 

Because the front turn signals are 2-wire instead of 3-wire, any time that bulb was on (even in marker/dim) it would cause the switchbacks to be amber. ]

It also looks better this way with the headlights and my new foglights on, without the turn signal on.

Will post pics later.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:41 PM, NoDTMF said:

I am thinking about this one:

Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt:

261 720-02-01 (2013+ MY) xxxx Xxxx xxxx

Note: Press Mirror Left or Right Switch before shifting into reverse

(IPC) 3 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled) Add Hex 4 to Existing Value: 3+4=7

740-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(DDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

740-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(DDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

741-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(PDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

741-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(PDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

Did you end up doing this and if so  how did it work out?  What are the other codes below? 

Edited by cmantis

On 10/12/2017 at 7:06 PM, NoDTMF said:

For now I use seat memory 3 as the same as seat memory 1 but with the mirror tilted down.

I tried this but it doesn't seem to work if I assume because I am already 'driving'.  Do you have to turn the car off and back on or maybe I did something wrong not sure?

* Nvm just read car has to be in park (mods please delete if possible) as info is already in this thread.

Edited by cmantis

5 hours ago, cmantis said:

Did you end up doing this and if so  how did it work out?  What are the other codes below? 

You need to do all the codes you quoted to enable the reverse mirror tilt. First code is to enable the option in the cluster to be able to select to turn it on/off. The other codes, 2 are for each door module (driver & passenger). 

• Like 1

2019 Edge Titanium here.  I really do enjoy the FORScan mods!

I can confirm, as of last night, I have gotten the following mods from the "FORScan Codes for 2017 Super Duty" list to work with my Edge:

• Fog Lights with High Beams (Unrestricted fog lights)
  • Turn Signal Flash Count to 5 (could have chosen more or less flashes)
  • Disable Illuminated Entry/Exit (No exterior lights, interior lights, or cargo lights when doors are opened, or when locked with IAK fob)
  • Silent Car Mode (no honk when locking with IAK fob)

I've had no luck reprogramming the IPC @ 720-02-01 for the "Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt" mod, detailed in this thread.  The process always errors out, and kicks me out of the IPC programming screen.  The DDM and PDM mods for the "Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt" mod take just fine, but the IPC bit spits me out.

In the sake of keeping people from digging, here are the addresses which need altering for the "Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt" mod.  Again, I cannot get the 720-02-01 address to let me alter it - upon writing all, or writing just that line, I'm spit back out and no changes are made...

Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt:

720-02-01 (2013+ MY) xxxx Xxxx xxxx

Note: Press Mirror Left or Right Switch before shifting into reverse

(IPC) 3 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled) Add Hex 4 to Existing Value: 3+4=7

740-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(DDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

740-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(DDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

741-03-01 (2013+ MY) Xxxx xx

(PDM) 6 (Disabled - Default) 7 (Enabled)

741-13-01 (2013+ MY) XXxx

(PDM) 00 (Disabled - Default) FC (Enabled)

Anyone have any input on the "Enable Reverse Side Mirror Tilt" mod?  I'm not sure if it's a FORScan issue (had to download the latest version, as the one I had installed wouldn't recognize my vehicle), or if it's an IPC protection deal, where I'm kicked out for trying to reprogram it...

Thanks!

•  
Edited by wandering mind
clarification about the "Disable Illuminated Entry/Exit" mod

@wandering mind

Although the IPC doesn't change, it doesn't mean that the feature is not there, try to hit the mirror switches (left or right) when in reverse & see if it worked. The IPC change is only to give you a way to enable or disable it through the IPC. 

Also, why didn't you just use the button on the overhead console to disable the interior lights to come on when opening a door? 

@omar302

I'll have to go re-do the PDM and DDM module alterations and test it tonight.  Thanks!

I did the interior light disable mod because it also disables the exterior lights (I failed to note this in my previous post).  It might be handy one day for me to stealthily open my vehicle...without a bunch of lights coming on to indicate such.

Got you, I did it on the IPC (I think its called Silent mode iny IPC) and can enable it when wanted, especially useful during interior cleaning. 

For the revers mirror tilt, I am able to write the change to IPC, bit the option just doesn't come up, maybe it because I have an export model, but even without the IPC I still have the tilt feature working. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wandering mind said:

@omar302

No love. I modded the PDM and DDM as needed, and could not get the mirrors to tilt down when shifted to reverse.  Guess my 2019 cannot do this.

Oh well...I'm off to find more mods!

Just in case you missed it, when shifting into revers, you have to press the button for left or right mirror to make that specific mirror tilt, they don't tilt automatically and you can't have both tilted at the same time. 

Hey all! Looking to enable remote start in BCM and IPC for a 13 SEL with heated seats and also a 14 SEL with heated seats. I have a couple of different settings, used with the explorer and a couple using the fusion. I'm not exactly sure which to use as they have different values. Looking at the fusion sheet, they use 726-60-01 and also 720-02-02. Explorer has 726-19-01 and 720-01-03. Could someone please clarify which settings to use? Thank you much!!

• Like 1

I can't say which exact value you need, but what I know is that the 2011-2014 Edge is very close to the 2011-2015 Explorer in terms of ForScan changes & values. The Fusion (2013+) is different. 

Maybe this thread on the Explorer will help:

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/remote-start-facts-2011-2015-only.418625/

Edited by omar302
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, omar302 said:

I can't say which exact value you need, but what I know is that the 2011-2014 Edge is very close to the 2011-2015 Explorer in terms of ForScan changes & values. The Fusion (2013+) is different. 

Maybe this thread on the Explorer will help:

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/remote-start-facts-2011-2015-only.418625/

Thank you, I will have a look see. I have so many open tabs right now lol

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2018 at 1:15 AM, cv27 said:

On Sync2, the following Mod does not work:

APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x7xx Heated Seat AND Steering Wheel on home & climate screen

Given the right package, the 8" display on Sync2 will show by default heated and AC seat buttons, as well as the heated steering wheel.

When this Mod is applied, AC seat icons are removed from the home screen.

I believ x6xx will show heated and AC seat buttons, as well as the heated steering wheel.

I was able to drive around in a loaner 2019 SEL.  The SYNC system was v3.3 (which is 2018 and newer APIM with larger memory partition).

I noticed that when I change the temperature in the car, a rotary indication was displayed in the screen indicating my temp set point.  I'd love to see if I can get this on my SYNC 3 upgrade.

Can anyone with a 2017 or newer model year confirm if you have this indicator or not?  I have a feeling it is only available on 2018 MY or newer (v3.2 hardware or higher).

42 minutes ago, candurin said:

I was able to drive around in a loaner 2019 SEL.  The SYNC system was v3.3 (which is 2018 and newer APIM with larger memory partition).

I noticed that when I change the temperature in the car, a rotary indication was displayed in the screen indicating my temp set point.  I'd love to see if I can get this on my SYNC 3 upgrade.

Can anyone with a 2017 or newer model year confirm if you have this indicator or not?  I have a feeling it is only available on 2018 MY or newer (v3.2 hardware or higher).

I have it on my 2017.

1 hour ago, candurin said:

I have it on my Edge ST.  It does the same when you change the volume.

Hmmm.  I wonder if it’s related to the firmware in my FCIM.  Because the “rest” of my car is a 2012, I don’t have the rotary temp indicator.

Ill have to see if there is an apim setting in forscan I’m overlooking.

thanks all.

edit:  tried every related setting change with FORScan and no go.  Oh well.  Something to look forward to when I finally cave and buy a new MY.

Edited by candurin
  • Like 1