SYNC 3 issues

Jim AZ

Since I got my new 2019 Ford Edge ST a week ago, there has been two times where the sync system has totally locked up as I started to drive. When this happens, the screen will randomly flash blue, reverse camera (while driving forward), map, sync screen setup, etc.  once it stops randomly fluctuating between screens, the sync panel goes non responsive. You can turn off the car and exit the Vehicle and the locked up sync screen remains on. 

The only way way I have fixed it is to leav the car off for 30 minutes or so. Then the sync resets itself and works fine again until the next time.  

I am using apple CarPlay with it. 

Anyone having this happen with the the new ST or another year/model using Sync 3

I had problems with CarPlay on my 2017 Ford Edge and the reset "omar302" would get it working again but really didn't correct the problem. I then did a "Master Rest" which is found under the "General" menu selection and it took several seconds to complete but the problem I was having has not re-occurred. The master reset will remove all your iPhone settings but doesn't effect your stored radio stations.

The problem I was having was that when I first connected my iPhone to Sync with CarPlay it would work OK until the next time I started the vehicle. Then it would hang up my phone and also the Sync system. When this happened the iPhone would buzz and then the battery display on the top right of the phone would go from green to white in color, then the phone would then keep repeating this buzz, green, white as long as connected to USB. The Sync system would just freeze and nothing would work on it till I performed "omar302" reset.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, blitz118 said:

The network connection needed dialog keeps popping up, and there are no updates. Anyone know how to stop this from popping up? Please see the attached picture. 

20181201_215637.jpg

Turn off the WIFI connection, only way I found to kept that from poping up. WIFI update never worked for me anyways.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Has on one ever gotten an update to work over wifi?  I started getting the screen posted above on my 19 Edge and even though I'm connected to wifi at my house nothing ever happens.  When I press Scan for updates nothing happens, at all.  My sync is version 3.3 which I believe is the newest.

3 hours ago, abeasom said:

Has on one ever gotten an update to work over wifi?  I started getting the screen posted above on my 19 Edge and even though I'm connected to wifi at my house nothing ever happens.  When I press Scan for updates nothing happens, at all.  My sync is version 3.3 which I believe is the newest.

I honestly have never gotten an update to work over WiFi.  I tried mom's MKC and it failed, my previous FoSt and it failed and my dad's Escape.  All Sync 3 and none have ever updated over WiFi.  I did 2 updates on the FoST manually and even they took some work witrh several downloads and USB drives until they worked.  The Edge I have not even attempted to check for updates since it has the latest already. 

in our 2016 expedition the updates over wifi happen often and with no issue

i did however just spend 45 or so minutes updating via a stick drive the 2012 edge from files i downloaded at my ford site, no one ever did any updates since 2011 when it was built....but its up to speed now

i only notice in the expy if an update went in because my interior light colors change back to default blue.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a 2019 F150  and have same issue with locking up. I figured out the lockup’s were related to the WiFi. Lockup’s all happen when driving away from or pulling into garage. That told me connecting and disconnecting from the house WiFi. Since I turned off WiFi - no issues. Still annoying though as the system should be designed where that does not happen.