2019 Owners - Miles logged

samjluck

6 hours ago, Fingernip said:

10886 miles on my 2019. Had the torque converter replaced due to lockup failure resulting in a bad buck at 2-3 shift and every TSB applied for the trans shifting. Other than that I have not had any issues. 

11,000 on my 2019 Titanium.  Slow speed buck/surge since mile 1.  Year and a half later and six trips to three different dealers and still no fix.  Look here for details on the adventure:   https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/26728-2019-edge-low-speed-surgebuck/

Curious how you managed to get the torque converter replaced?  I can't get anyone to look past the "there are no codes" and "it's normal operation".

1 hour ago, Toby99 said:

11,000 on my 2019 Titanium.  Slow speed buck/surge since mile 1.  Year and a half later and six trips to three different dealers and still no fix.  Look here for details on the adventure:   https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/26728-2019-edge-low-speed-surgebuck/

Curious how you managed to get the torque converter replaced?  I can't get anyone to look past the "there are no codes" and "it's normal operation".

It was a bit of a fight as the car was brand new and they had not yet serviced the 8F57 yet. It front from a shift solenoid to the TSB flash then to the TCC lockup solenoid which led to an entire torque converter replacement.  The tread below has the entire history... its quite a read. 

It's interesting that the weak point after a year is the trans pretty much with these vehicles. I'd say that my 2019 ST with 3300 miles has a clunky trans and its all about the programming trying to make it "soft" on a sport vehicle... And of course Ford trying to make a trans last with the boost that these can pull. The last 2 Fords I had (2004 f150 and a 2014 mustang gt) both had programming issues with "make it safer for the uneducated driver" and the throttle by wire/trans non-sense. At some point I'll just get tuned and the factory programming for the trans and TB will be a thing of the past.

• 4 months later...